Author Topic: CBD or Hemp Oil  (Read 442 times)

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
CBD or Hemp Oil
« on: July 07, 2017, 06:51:34 PM »
Have any of you all had any experience with CBD or Hemp Oil?  I've hit the migraine medication wall and am looking for alternatives.  CBD Oil was recently brought to my attention, but I don't know anyone who has tried it before.  Since it doesn't have thc in it, it is legal here.  I would just like to hear from someone who has tried it before going out and spending a bunch of money.
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: CBD or Hemp Oil
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
I've tried it but not for migraines. sorry. CBD hemp is quite expensive but there are a couple of companies who offer discounts like blue bird botanicals. All in all they are one of the most reliable companies out there. They even offer heavy metal and chemical tests reports for every single batch they make. it's all on their website. You need to give it a shot and see if its working for you. Also see if you can change your diet a little bit. Sometimes migraines are the results of histamine intolerance.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »
Thank you for your post Martin.  I'll definitely check out Bluebird Botanicals.  I'm constantly tweaking my diet, looking for triggers.  Red wine, aged beef, artificial sweeteners like aspartame, MSG, liquid smoke, too much yeast (I'm ok with a couple pieces of bread for a sandwich or toast in the morning, but any more than that will trigger a migraine), and blue and swiss cheeses are my main food triggers.  I have found nitrites and tyramine to be more of a problem for me than histamine.
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 12:19:09 PM »
Thank you for your post Martin.  I'll definitely check out Bluebird Botanicals.  I'm constantly tweaking my diet, looking for triggers.  Red wine, aged beef, artificial sweeteners like aspartame, MSG, liquid smoke, too much yeast (I'm ok with a couple pieces of bread for a sandwich or toast in the morning, but any more than that will trigger a migraine), and blue and swiss cheeses are my main food triggers.  I have found nitrites and tyramine to be more of a problem for me than histamine.

I do not know your particular situation, Dymphna17. And I have not read the above posts. I just read artificial sweeteners & thought I should share this.
I have read & heard from different Doctors that aspartame/artificial sweeteners are the worse thing you can ingest.
That it can lead to migraines, upset stomach, tumors & even cancer. They are pure poison. And if you happen to have diet drinks with it, you are ingesting a double pack of chemicals that your body does not need.
Again, this is information given to me by Doctors, when I had migraines & was drinking & eating everything with nutra sweet/aspartame, because it was supposed to be healthy  :doh:

I also have a relative that passed away recently from stomach cancer, and her Doctors blamed the high consumption of artificial sweeteners in everything she ate.
I just had another sudden death in the family, cancer as well. They consumed a ton of artificial sweeteners in EVERYTHING!!  :( Both of these relatives lived in different parts of the country and are not related to each other.

I am just passing along the information.

Also, MSG always gives me migraines. And if I drink certain wines. I was told that in the case of wines it is the type of wood it is stored in that affects people. It has happened with certain wines from Chile, South America and a couple from France.
I stopped drinking diet sodas, wine and stopped the consumption of MSG.

Oh, and hemp oil is supposed to have a lot of benefits, ingesting it & rubbing it on the skin for things like arthritis and cancer etc. Best of wishes.
I hope you feel better  :pray1: :grouphug:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:40:54 PM by Christe Eleison »

The following users thanked this post: dymphna17, martin88nyc

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »

I do not know your particular situation, Dymphna17. And I have not read the above posts. I just read artificial sweeteners & thought I should share this.
I have read & heard from different Doctors that aspartame/artificial sweeteners are the worse thing you can ingest.
That it can lead to migraines, upset stomach, tumors & even cancer. They are pure poison. And if you happen to have diet drinks with it, you are ingesting a double pack of chemicals that your body does not need.
Again, this is information given to me by Doctors, when I had migraines & was drinking & eating everything with nutra sweet/aspartame, because it was supposed to be healthy  :doh:

I also have a relative that passed away recently from stomach cancer, and her Doctors blamed the high consumption of artificial sweeteners in everything she ate.
I just had another sudden death in the family, cancer as well. They consumed a ton of artificial sweeteners in EVERYTHING!!  :( Both of these relatives lived in different parts of the country and are not related to each other.

Also, MSG always gives me migraines. And if I drink certain wines. I was told that in the case of wines it is the type of wood it is stored in that affects people. It has happened with certain wines from Chile, South America and a couple from France.

Oh, and hemp oil is supposed to have a lot of benefits, ingesting it & rubbing it on the skin for things like arthritis and cancer etc. Best of wishes.

Thank you for your kind answer Christe, I appreciate you taking the time to share your story with me.  I'm sorry about your loss of family and that you have had to suffer with migraines.  That is alot to deal with.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Fortunately, I never found an artificial sweetener I liked enough to ingest it very often.  That stuff is just nasty.  The type of wood a wine is aged in, is new to me.  I knew about tannins and sulfites with regards to red wine, but I had never heard about the wood.  Something new to look into!
ن

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
also remember there are various strengths of CBD and what works for me may not work for you. I guess for a severe migraine "attack" a typical CBD dose may not be sufficient. It is generally recommended to experiment with the oil and find the right dose for oneself. good luck.
PS: also look into probiotics. some degrade histamine and help with various intolerances.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 12:02:22 PM »

Thank you for your kind answer Christe, I appreciate you taking the time to share your story with me.  I'm sorry about your loss of family and that you have had to suffer with migraines.  That is alot to deal with.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Fortunately, I never found an artificial sweetener I liked enough to ingest it very often.  That stuff is just nasty.  The type of wood a wine is aged in, is new to me.  I knew about tannins and sulfites with regards to red wine, but I had never heard about the wood.  Something new to look into!

Dear Dymphna,

Thank you for your kind post & prayers  :grouphug: I truly appreciate it.

Yes, the problem with wine is the tannins, sulfites & the wood it is stored in. A long time ago when I read about this, it made sense to me, because whatever you store food or liquids in, it takes on the flavor of the materials it is stored in. Sometimes I can taste  plastic when I eat something stored in it.

Once, I noticed that when I drank an organic/Kosher wine, I did not get the migraines. But, it was not as tasty. Oh, well, I just gave up drinking wine. I was never much of a drinker anyway. Prayers for your migraines. Good luck on the search.   :pray1:

Offline Kephapaulos

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
My mother was given hemp oil by us for her episodes of inconsciousness. It worked well for awhile as far as bringing her out of unconsciousness, for she did not like the taste of it either. I like it. It tastes like an orange.

Offline Chestertonian

• The Stephen Hawking of SD
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Eternal Gadfly
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »
How did the ear piercing thing go
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 05:58:28 PM »
The Daith Piercing went well.  I think it has effected a change in them.  When I first got it in November, it was 2 and 1/2 weeks out of my patterned migraines before I had another.  And the intensity of them has changed.  The Piercer told me that it would take a year for it to be completely healed and it really wouldn't be until then before we would know what if any change it permanently made.  I want to get the other ear done as well.  I wish there was a way to make it pretty instead of having this goofy wire sticking out of your ear.   :laugh:  Thank you for asking Ches.

As for the hemp oil, we went to the newly opened store just the other day and talked to the manager/owner about it.  I asked if they carried the Bluebird Botanicals brand and he said they didn't right now, but were looking into it because they had heard such good reviews about them.  He suggested a strong water soluble for me.  I had the beginnings of one coming on so we put a "shot" in a bottle of water, but I had to stay right there so when "it" happened I could sit right down and get used to whatever it was going to feel like.  It couldn't have been more embarrassing.  No "it" happened even though I sat and waited and heard all their stories of miraculous healings.  One question I had that never got answered was, looking around their store and at various places on line, why, if it's not marijuana,  NOT MARIJUANA!!!!, why do marijuana leaves hold such a prominent place in their advertising?  It seems that "NOT MARIJUANA" comes from the same plant as marijuana, it's just that it is extracted differently.  This way, good things can be derived from it without you getting high.  These kind folks were done with me since we had told them from the beginning that we weren't going to buy anything, were done being kind and it was time to go.

Kephapaulos, I'm dying to hear more about your Mom.  Did they ever figure out what was going on?  Is she better now?  If so, what helped her?  I'm sorry, more questions than answers.  You are still in my prayers.  :pray3:   
ن

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 07:18:25 PM »
The Daith Piercing went well.  I think it has effected a change in them.  When I first got it in November, it was 2 and 1/2 weeks out of my patterned migraines before I had another.  And the intensity of them has changed.  The Piercer told me that it would take a year for it to be completely healed and it really wouldn't be until then before we would know what if any change it permanently made.  I want to get the other ear done as well.  I wish there was a way to make it pretty instead of having this goofy wire sticking out of your ear.   :laugh:  Thank you for asking Ches.

As for the hemp oil, we went to the newly opened store just the other day and talked to the manager/owner about it.  I asked if they carried the Bluebird Botanicals brand and he said they didn't right now, but were looking into it because they had heard such good reviews about them.  He suggested a strong water soluble for me.  I had the beginnings of one coming on so we put a "shot" in a bottle of water, but I had to stay right there so when "it" happened I could sit right down and get used to whatever it was going to feel like.  It couldn't have been more embarrassing.  No "it" happened even though I sat and waited and heard all their stories of miraculous healings.  One question I had that never got answered was, looking around their store and at various places on line, why, if it's not marijuana,  NOT MARIJUANA!!!!, why do marijuana leaves hold such a prominent place in their advertising?  It seems that "NOT MARIJUANA" comes from the same plant as marijuana, it's just that it is extracted differently.  This way, good things can be derived from it without you getting high.  These kind folks were done with me since we had told them from the beginning that we weren't going to buy anything, were done being kind and it was time to go.

Kephapaulos, I'm dying to hear more about your Mom.  Did they ever figure out what was going on?  Is she better now?  If so, what helped her?  I'm sorry, more questions than answers.  You are still in my prayers.  :pray3:
I don't know really what you meant by NOT MARIJUANA. Hemp belongs to the cannabis family but doesn't contain high THC, the psychoactive constituent. that is the difference between hemp and marijuana. If you were expecting to get high on Hemp CBD oil then it is impossible as Hemp contains very little to none THC. That's why people who are highly sensitive choose Hemp over marijuana.