Mmk, now I'm a real idiot.

Started by MiserereDomine, May 22, 2017, 01:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiserereDomine

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 22, 2017, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Matamoros on May 22, 2017, 10:23:47 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 22, 2017, 10:11:38 AM
Miserere indeed. I have lost posts before and the same one several times, all due to getting logged out. Now, before even beginning a longish post, I log out and back in to make sure that by the time I finish typing, I haven't timed out. So glad to have a new member. Will you be joining us in mary's garden? Or will it be the men's subforum?  :)

The men's subforum, of course! Can't you hear the manliness in Miserere's words? It practically bursts off the page! Oh, plus there's this:

Quote from: MiserereDomine on May 22, 2017, 01:37:33 AM
I'm single, 18 years old, to graduate from an all-boys Abbey boarding school called St. Michael's Prep on May 29th.

Thank you Mata! All boys school. Manliness emmitted from posts. Dumbell here. Yes, a man. A man's man. A manly man's man! What would HE ever want with the garden anyway. Um...sorry Miserere. I will be more aware of the clues before I ask, from now on. :swoon1: :swoon2:

Ah, no problem, Carleen c:

I feel very affirmed in my virility  :P

Matamoros

Quote from: MiserereDomine on May 22, 2017, 02:31:54 PM
Quote from: Matamoros on May 22, 2017, 10:03:01 AM
Welcome, MiserereDomine! I'm new here myself. I hope you'll be able to recover your original post or that you'll rewrite it again from memory. After such an intriguing introduction, I'm curious as to what we've missed.  :D
Thank you for the kind welcome! You know, this last intro of mine has kind of grown on me--the other ones were really a bunch of fluff. Maybe God was telling me that this is a place for conversations, not tome publications...

Hahah thank you for your interest--I'll try to flesh my life out a bit more sometime.

God bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite right, Miserere! Less is more. We will get to know you through your future posts.

Matamoros

Quote from: MiserereDomine on May 22, 2017, 02:36:54 PM
Miserere indeed. I have lost posts before and the same one several times, all due to getting logged out. Now, before even beginning a longish post, I log out and back in to make sure that by the time I finish typing, I haven't timed out. So glad to have a new member. Will you be joining us in mary's garden? Or will it be the men's subforum?  :)

The men's subforum, of course! Can't you hear the manliness in Miserere's words? It practically bursts off the page! Oh, plus there's this:

I'm single, 18 years old, to graduate from an all-boys Abbey boarding school called St. Michael's Prep on May 29th.
I'm flattered :]

Ha ha! I was just messing with Carleendiane.

QuoteYou know what, you're a good guy!

So are you, Miserere. I can tell. I'm an excellent judge of character. Glad to have you here. Once again, welcome!

Jayne

Welcome to the forum.  I am always pleased to see people with Latin user names manage to use correct Latin grammar in constructing the name.

Whether or not you should be pleased at having made a good impression on someone as pedantic as I, I leave up to you.  :)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Non Nobis

Welcome, MiserereDomine!  I am really enjoying your posts, even though you haven't gone far out of this thread yet.

Thank you Mata! All boys school. Manliness emmitted from posts. Dumbell here. Yes, a man. A man's man. A manly man's man! What would HE ever want with the garden anyway. Um...sorry Miserere. I will be more aware of the clues before I ask, from now on. :swoon1: :swoon2:

Carleen, you win the prize for most entertaining apology!   :D

You and MiserereDomine have in common a very humorous humility.  Very refreshing.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on May 23, 2017, 02:23:53 PM
Welcome, MiserereDomine!  I am really enjoying your posts, even though you haven't gone far out of this thread yet.

Carleen, you win the prize for most entertaining apology!   :D

You and MiserereDomine have in common a very humorous humility.  Very refreshing.

Non, now don't you dare try and give me and Miserere a big head. I already have a bed head, I don't need a big bedhead!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MiserereDomine

Quote from: Jayne on May 23, 2017, 11:48:56 AM
Welcome to the forum.  I am always pleased to see people with Latin user names manage to use correct Latin grammar in constructing the name.

Whether or not you should be pleased at having made a good impression on someone as pedantic as I, I leave up to you.  :)

Thank you! I feel unworthy of such a great community of people that I see here. I am certainly pleased at having made a good impression, if one was really made :)

Hahahah, at least my latin's good for something now! Man, I need to post more on the forum... I have jack diddly else to do besides apply for summer jobs.

MiserereDomine

Quote from: Matamoros on May 22, 2017, 04:02:11 PM
Quote from: MiserereDomine on May 22, 2017, 02:36:54 PM

I'm flattered :]

Ha ha! I was just messing with Carleendiane.

QuoteYou know what, you're a good guy!

So are you, Miserere. I can tell. I'm an excellent judge of character. Glad to have you here. Once again, welcome!

:)

Prayerful

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 22, 2017, 06:59:17 AM
Mmk,
I try to first write a long post on a "Word" or similar document, then log on to the forum, then copy and paste on the forum; that way your masterpieces are not "blown into the wind".
Welcome to the forum!

MS Word or the Open Office equivalent has autosave/document recovery, so most won't be lost if you forget to save. Some forums do have autosaving of posts......
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

dymphna17

Well now, wait a minute Carleen.  That would depend upon what kind of garden it is.  My Dad tended to the vegetables (Yard Farming) and Mom took care of the flower gardens, or told us what to do in them anyway.   :lol:

Oh, and welcome MiserereDonmine.   :seeya:  Would you prefer MD or Miserere for short?  Or wait until one is assigned?  Red Solo Cup is a wise cup.  Heed his wisdom.  I look forward to reading your posts!   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MiserereDomine

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 24, 2017, 05:25:45 PM

Well now, wait a minute Carleen.  That would depend upon what kind of garden it is.  My Dad tended to the vegetables (Yard Farming) and Mom took care of the flower gardens, or told us what to do in them anyway.   :lol:

Oh, and welcome MiserereDonmine.   :seeya:  Would you prefer MD or Miserere for short?  Or wait until one is assigned?  Red Solo Cup is a wise cup.  Heed his wisdom.  I look forward to reading your posts!   8)

Hahah, speaking of wisdom, if you take the first three letters of each word in my name, you get "misdom"

...hah!

Thank you kindly for the very welcome welcome--that is, your welcome is welcome :) (you're welcome)

...I'm trying way too hard...

Lunacy aside, I am honored by your kind interest.

I don't know which nickname to prefer, but seeing as I have no plans for medical school, and people have already started to call me "Miserere", I'll take the latter.

God bless, and thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk