Bishop Williamson consecrated Father Geraldo Zendejas bishop today

Started by Nd9935, May 13, 2017, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Elizabeth

Fr. Zendejas is the Cathinfo priest?  Originally from Conn.? 

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 13, 2017, 03:46:48 PM
Zendejas and Fauré
And Dom Thomas de Aquino O.S.B. Prior of the trad Monastery of Benedictines in Brazil.
There are now four resistance bishops.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

What is the difference between the "Resistance" and the regular SSPX? Why don't they get along?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elizabeth

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 14, 2017, 12:57:59 PM
Zendejas and Fauré
And Dom Thomas de Aquino O.S.B. Prior of the trad Monastery of Benedictines in Brazil.
What would we do without your precision! Thought there had been a few.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Heinrich on May 14, 2017, 03:10:31 PM
What is the difference between the "Resistance" and the regular SSPX? Why don't they get along?
Briefly: The regular SSPX believes that if Rome offers them the chance to be regularized without having to accept the errors of Vatican II, then they should accept this offer. The resistance believes that any deal made with unconverted Rome i.e. That still holds to the errors of Vatican II; is a mistake and will endanger the faith of both the priests and faithful.

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

ABlaine

Zendejas and Fauré

Being a "resistance" monastery, can he in good faith actually put OSB behind his name? I find it hard to believe that they're actually a part of the Benedictine Confederation.

Either way, always sad to see this particular crack widen.

Graham

I met Fr. Zendejas once or twice, he seemed like a solid priest.

ABlaine

Welp, I accidentally quoted myself. Please ignore (or delete?) this post guys...

Michael Wilson

Quote from: ABlaine on May 14, 2017, 06:04:20 PM
Zendejas and Fauré

Being a "resistance" monastery, can he in good faith actually put OSB behind his name? I find it hard to believe that they're actually a part of the Benedictine Confederation.

Either way, always sad to see this particular crack widen.
There are also two Benedictine monasteries associated with the SSPX; one in the U.S. And one in France. The trad monasteries are not associated with the Benedictine Confederation; but if St. Benedict would come back to Earth, which group of monasteries would he identify as his true sons, the N.O. Federation or the trad monasteries? I would think it would be the trad monasteries.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Heinrich on May 14, 2017, 09:06:39 PM
Like the One in Clear Creek, OK.
Clear Creek has the approval of the local bishop; I could also name other monasteries, such as Le Barroux, Fontgamboult, etc. That use the traditional liturgy; but these are not associated with the SSPX.

Greg

Bishop Williamson has been excommunicated twice.

What is the world record?

Twice has to be fairly rare.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.