SIBO 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth

Started by martin88nyc, April 14, 2017, 12:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacebene83

JubilateDeo

Try the true Korean Kimshe———that'll fix you up, might be a little disturbing for the gallbladder but  you'll have the sweetest breath in town,  a french-kisser's delight.

Ko Mop Sumi Da———-phonetic spelling of course.   

Jayne

Martin, it sounds like a very difficult illness to live with.  Personally I find it harder to deal with psychological and cognitive issues than physical ones.  I did not realize that these played such a big role in your condition so this was useful information for me.  I hope that you will be able to recover.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Pacebene83

Jayne, 

Yes I too love to live in the cognitive, reasonable, psychological, astute world,   rather than the horrible uuuuhhh  physical world oooooo   but you know sometimes my testosterone level rises, my irritable bowel syndrome rises,  my urinary frequency trips increases, I like an Angus steak, I stop and look at a beautiful female form while on the beach,  but I agree   oooooooooooo,        I must return to the cognitive,  intellectual, psychological aspects of uhhhh  life,       burp,  agggrah,  hmmm—-that last martini,,,,uhhh   few gastric belches,,,,ahhhhh   better——now I can get back to my Thomas Aquinas's Prime Matter and Substantial Form.......ahhhhhhhhh.    Toodles

AMDG and SUMMA

Mono no aware

:lol:

Pacebene, you are in tip-top form on this thread!  There's nothing like a ruthlessly unserious troublemaker.  I especially like how you switched your sign-off from "AMDG" to "IBS."  Classic.

Jayne

Martin seems to be seriously suffering.  I do not understand what is so funny about that.  Not do I understand why anyone would praise people for making trouble.

Mono no aware

If nobody ever made any trouble, Jayne, the world would be dull.  I'll bet secretly everyone even likes Pope Francis just a little bit, with his impish grin.  Just like I like Donald Trump sometimes; he has a glorious "bull in a china shop" quality, disrespecting all the boring norms and protocols and empty courtesies.  Seneca wrote a satire of the emperor and got himself exiled.  He's one of my favorite philosophers.  He could be very serious, too, though.

I didn't see Pacebene's comments as intended to mock Martin's suffering.  I believe he was just trying to "lighten things up," so to speak.

GABAHAG

Jayne

I would rather have the world be dull than have it be your idea of interesting. 

martin88nyc

Quote from: Jayne on June 06, 2017, 02:29:44 PM
Is this a condition that responds to the GAPS diet?
http://www.gapsdiet.com/

GAPS is a diet that helps to heal GI tract but in itself doesn't treat SIBO unless it is a very small overgrowth. I sort of am on GAPS diet but sometimes I have to cheat for I weigh only 125 lb. There is a very interesting and informative book by that name Gut and psychology syndrome(GAPS). I was following this diet very religiously for about 5 months and it helped me tremendously but only for about 2 or 3 months. I tend to eat lots of fruit and that may feed the overgrowth over time.

Quote from: Jayne on June 08, 2017, 04:51:05 PM
Martin, it sounds like a very difficult illness to live with.  Personally I find it harder to deal with psychological and cognitive issues than physical ones.  I did not realize that these played such a big role in your condition so this was useful information for me.  I hope that you will be able to recover.
Exactly. Physical pain while unpleasant (although sometimes unbearable and debilitating) is different from psychological afflictions. Just about 2 weeks ago, for the first time in my life, I experienced something so frightening and beyond anything I've already experience in my life. Something like a very severe anxiety coupled with hyperactivity; perhaps paranoia. Thanks God it didn't last long otherwise I would've gone mad. This is what scares the hell out of me. I can take small anxiety and being in a hole but something like paranoia that puts you in a different state of mind is beyond my tolerance threshold. This is reason #1 why I started looking for ways to calm my deregulated nervous system and came across CBD hemp oil.
PS: I saw a new GI doc today and finally she is someone who is willing to check me for SIBO. I am glad and hope to finally beat this illness or at least put a good fight against it.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jayne

Another thing about psychological afflictions is that many people seem to think that one can fix them simply with will power or having a positive attitude.  It is sometimes difficult to get support and encouragement from those around us.

Martin, can you tolerate coconut oil?  That has several benefits and could help you to gain weight.

A fiction book you might like is The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge. https://www.amazon.com/Scent-Water-Elizabeth-Goudge-1963-06-01/product-reviews/B01K3LN1TW  There is a character in the book who deals with mental illness, learning to offer her sufferings to God.  (It is written by one of those High Anglicans who have a Catholic feel to them. I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it theologically.) 

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on June 09, 2017, 10:28:14 AM

A fiction book you might like is The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge. https://www.amazon.com/Scent-Water-Elizabeth-Goudge-1963-06-01/product-reviews/B01K3LN1TW  There is a character in the book who deals with mental illness, learning to offer her sufferings to God.  (It is written by one of those High Anglicans who have a Catholic feel to them. I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it theologically.)

Thank you, I'm always on the look out for nice fiction. I can't stand most modern fiction...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Pacebene83

Hey Jayne——how aout Harry Bellafonte's song on     "Coconut Women is coming out, you can hear her shout   "Get your Coconut water,,it's good for your daughter ,       Day yo, Day yo,,,daylight coming and I want to go home......."    I remember some of the lines......

A dull world would lead to many suicides—————humor of any sort makes the world go around......puns, satires, ribald jokes, smutty jokes, etc.    a good laugh helps start the day off,   instead of a gloomy face.............hey,,,,,did  you hear the one about the farmer's daughter........?

Soc Et Tu Mi.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Jayne on June 09, 2017, 10:28:14 AM
Another thing about psychological afflictions is that many people seem to think that one can fix them simply with will power or having a positive attitude.  It is sometimes difficult to get support and encouragement from those around us.

Martin, can you tolerate coconut oil?  That has several benefits and could help you to gain weight.

Thank you. I'll check it out. You know, when my digestive health imroves and I get better all of these psychological issues lessens and become secondary. However I still suffer from some sort of anxiety disorder whether acquired or caused by intestinal problems.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33