Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 835 times)

Offline INPEFESS

• Please remember me in your rosary intentions.
  • Feldwebel
  • >))))))> <((((((<
  • Religion: (traditional) Catholic
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
INPEFESS,

I see you poked your head in again the other day, so maybe that still qualifies you as being "back".  But I wish we could see more of you... (long posts or not). However, I know other things in life sometimes have a higher priority.

NN

Yes, I have been very bad about being here on a consistent basis. I need to spend more time with my family than "playing" on my phone. You and I know that this isn't really "playing," but...let's just say not everyone sees it that way. Does that make sense? ;)

Either way, I certainly can afford to spend more time here than I do. It's just that this place can be so disagreeable. Few here want to discuss and toss ideas around. They want to pontificate about what they want to be true. I find myself exhausted when almost every interaction here starts out this way. I end up not returning to the "discussion."

But I will make it a point to return here more often, even if I don't post anything.

I'd be interested in your take on "police brutality" and where actions of police violate their authority, and where citizens could say... fight back (against .gov, .mil, police).

I would have a lot to say on this topic, because I think about it a lot from a Catholic perspective, but it's not a topic I want to discuss on this forum. Maybe we could discuss this over the phone, one-on-one, like we did with the Predestination topic? I won't have time to reply to 10 different posters at once.
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <((((((<

The following users thanked this post: Gardener

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »
I'd be interested in your take on "police brutality" and where actions of police violate their authority, and where citizens could say... fight back (against .gov, .mil, police).

I would have a lot to say on this topic, because I think about it a lot from a Catholic perspective, but it's not a topic I want to discuss on this forum. Maybe we could discuss this over the phone, one-on-one, like we did with the Predestination topic? I won't have time to reply to 10 different posters at once.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall and hear what both of you had to say, even though I wouldn't say anything.

I need to spend more time with my family than "playing" on my phone. You and I know that this isn't really "playing," but...let's just say not everyone sees it that way. Does that make sense? ;)

Absolutely.  Some people think posting on (any) forums is basically a waste of time (I feel like I have to defend myself when telling people about it). And sometimes it is time misused when you do have higher priorities (in particular those required by your duty of state).

..this place can be so disagreeable. Few here want to discuss and toss ideas around. They want to pontificate about what they want to be true. I find myself exhausted when almost every interaction here starts out this way. I end up not returning to the "discussion."

Your reasoning about most matters is worthwhile reading for others, even when the other side is pontificating.  But I can understand your getting frustrated.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:27:56 PM by Non Nobis »
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
INPEFESS,

I see you poked your head in again the other day, so maybe that still qualifies you as being "back".  But I wish we could see more of you... (long posts or not). However, I know other things in life sometimes have a higher priority.

NN

Yes, I have been very bad about being here on a consistent basis. I need to spend more time with my family than "playing" on my phone. You and I know that this isn't really "playing," but...let's just say not everyone sees it that way. Does that make sense? ;)

Either way, I certainly can afford to spend more time here than I do. It's just that this place can be so disagreeable. Few here want to discuss and toss ideas around. They want to pontificate about what they want to be true. I find myself exhausted when almost every interaction here starts out this way. I end up not returning to the "discussion."

But I will make it a point to return here more often, even if I don't post anything.

That would be enjoyable. We are probably in much more agreement on the topic than Predestination in the prominent schools of the Thomistic system.

Will PM you my number in case you don't have it anymore.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Offline Heinrich

• Der hat einen Rosenkranz und steht jetzt als Arbeiter bei
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • "Hebst du doch, Geck?" Schlank und eisig.
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:36 AM »
We can Talk Reds, Dixie Chili vs. Price Hill Chili, Elder vs. Moeller, etc.
Pray for the Consecration.                           
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Bear in mind that the more the enemy assaults you, God is closer to your soul." --St. Padre Pio

Offline INPEFESS

• Please remember me in your rosary intentions.
  • Feldwebel
  • >))))))> <((((((<
  • Religion: (traditional) Catholic
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 06:55:35 PM »
We can Talk Reds, Dixie Chili vs. Price Hill Chili, Elder vs. Moeller, etc.

😂
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <((((((<

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Lynne