MRI contrast agents

Started by martin88nyc, August 31, 2016, 12:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Hi everybody. I am going to write a short entry about MRI contrast agents their dangers.
     I've been exposed to gadolinium via MRI contrasts. Gadolinium is a rare earth element and a heavy metal as well. It is used in MRI contrast agents because it enhances the visibility of organs and soft tissue. Although it is a great diagnostic enhancement, there are many dangers that come along with it. Gadolinium itself is highly toxic and may damage any organ even bones. In MRI contrast it is therefore chealted, bonded with other elements that make it stable in circulatory system. When not excreted quickly it may be loosened/disintegrated and cause problems It is said that those agents are completely safe and once injected they stay in the human body for one day. Unfortunately this isn't true and many people retain gadolinium and get sick from it, for years unaware why their health issues got worse and worse. This is one of those things that medical system keeps mum. There is a website that has all of the I go on it and I hope that if anyone planning to have an MRI with contrast in the future, should first get educated about gadolinium and it's dangerous effects on our bodies.
https://gadoliniumtoxicity.com
I am also a member a support group for gadolinium toxicity. If you wish to get more info about the group please feel free to contact me.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jacob

So basically it's a question of kidney function at the time of the MRI?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Chestertonian

interesting.. I haven't had kidney function since 2000 not from MRI though
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

martin88nyc

Well yes and no. Those with poor kidney function may develop NFS which is fibrosis of skin and muscles, although even get by people retain gadolinium, some of it is released from chelated bonds and goes free flowing in the blood stream until it is retained in soft tissue or bones, a lot of it stays in brain hence brain fog and neurological problems. They website I posted above has everything covered. After my last MRI I was feeling very sick and hyper. There are hundreds and hundreds of people reporting these symptoms online. I was hesitant to have it done a 3rd time but you know how doctors can talk you into it and promised that everything else be alright. Well some of them just don't know about dangers and turn a blind eye to your concerns
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Pheo

NSF is a known complication of gadolinium scans, that's true.  But even in people with severe kidney disease, it only develops in about 4%.

While I don't pretend that medical science always has all the answers, I'm afraid that vague symptoms like brain fog and lethargy are attributed to no end of causes.  Chronic Lyme is really popular right now, but there are still chemtrail proponents out there.  MRIs with gad contrast is a new one to add to the list.

Chelated gadolinium is excreted pretty easily by the kidneys.  I wouldn't be worried about it at all, but I also wouldn't be asking for an MRI unless I absolutely needed one.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

martin88nyc

Well I need to surprise you. I had a 24 hour urine test done about 2weeks after an MRI. I had to pay for it. My gadolinium was so high that even my doctor was somehow speechless. This is a fact now that gadolinium stays in the system for more than a day; I repeated my urine test this year and it was still in me.
   This isn't in people's minds. It is now being investigated by many doctors and even fda is supposed to look into in. Chemitrails, I don't know much about them so cannot tell. Gadolinium retention is a fact very well documented by many victims who had their urine tested. They spend  hundreds and even thousands of dollars on chelation therapies and supplements just to get better. This is very serious. I understand that you didn't research gadolinium thoroughly. The chelated agents may become disintegrated some time after injection. Also there is transmetalation involved.

Pheo

The funny part is that we can watch the gadolinium process out through the kidneys as the scan is ongoing.  The whole point of gad is its use as a contrast agent.  It basically acts as a lit up magnet for MRIs.  We can also see that it's gone on the post-gad views.  Unless your blood was still lighting up on MRI, there couldn't have been a surprising amount left.  It's already used in such minuscule amounts.  ETA: I have no doubt that small amounts persist after the scan, but it's going to be minuscule.

Which doctor ran this 24h urine gadolinium for you?  Are there even established reference ranges available for such a test?

I'm not saying any of the symptoms are made up, but there's no end of targets being named for the exact same symptoms you're listing.  Vaccine damage is another popular one.  Chronic Lyme.  Adrenal fatigue.  NSF is definitely real, and like I said, I'd only get an MRI with contrast if I really needed it, but as for the rest?  Eh.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Pheo

Quote from: martin88nyc on August 31, 2016, 07:42:32 PMGadolinium retention is a fact very well documented by many victims who had their urine tested.

Also this bit seems like a contradiction in terms.  Is gadolinium being chronically retained, or are they getting rid of it in their urine in surprisingly high amounts?

I'm afraid I don't see how you can have both.

martin88nyc

Look. It is a heavy metal in nano size. I tested with doctor's data. 24 hour urine test. It is impossible to have gadolinium inside your system because it is a rare element. So having it very high is not coincidence for it doesn't exist in our food or water. I didn't say that everybody will get symptoms because it depends on the individual and the amount of other heavy metals present. Transmetallation occurs if gadolinium becomes pushed out of the cage that keeps it stable. There are studies on it and I read them. Also the people on the support group are only those who had developed serious problems since their MRI. Please don't dismiss this as a conspiracy or something. My symptoms begun soon after my MRI. I started to have joint pain, tendon tightening and muscle weakening. Why would I lie about something like this one a catholic forum. The reason I write about it here is to warn people of the potential dangers also pointing to the fact that MRI with contrast gives great picture, one of the best diagnostic image. That being said I don't say never do an MRI w/c. Do it unless it is a life threatening situation or something.

martin88nyc

Man you are solid. Well it is being excreted but if free gad ion enters you blood stream it will most likely deposit in your bones on soft tissue. Sorry I meant deposition when I wrote retention. You have right to say it sounded contradictory.

Pheo

That's my main concern with discussions like these - we're not the only ones reading.  And if someone needs to have a contrast enhanced MRI, then they shouldn't really be worrying about the possibility of developing a vague constellation of symptoms down the road.  I realise that you finished by saying that, but people don't always read the afterthoughts.

I'll repeat myself though, I don't think you're lying about your symptoms.  I also don't doubt the people in the support group.  But you can prove almost anything with correlation.

martin88nyc

Please if you are concerned read content of the website provided in the opening post. I am not an expert. I was supposed to write a little bit about gadolinium.

Pheo

Quote from: martin88nyc on August 31, 2016, 08:23:44 PM
Please if you are concerned read content of the website provided in the opening post. I am not an expert. I was supposed to write a little bit about gadolinium.

I will.  The entire network was down at work today, and there's no signs of it being back up for tomorrow.  So it'll probably be a reading day anyway.

Chestertonian

i will pray that you can get some answers and some good treatments foryour health issues.  it is frustratingwhen you have a bunch of random stuff going on and youdont know what is wrong. 

have you seen a gastroenterologist or neurologist. 

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

martin88nyc

I have and so far my blood work's been mostly showing nothing abnormal except few out or range results. I have gi issues and that's why I had MRI studies. As of today I am having a flare-up and can barely eat. I usually loose weight but it depends on the severity of inflammation in my gut. I had had 3 or 4 upper endoscopies and colonoscopy as well with no significant or abnormal results. Only capsule endoscopy showed inflammation in my small intestine.  On my stool test last year, my beneficial bacteria showed no growth and some yeast/candida issues and too much of one bacteria. My previous doctor told me about SIBO which is overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. There is disorder in my gut and the only thing that helps is no carb no sugar high protein and vegetable diet.