Author Topic: MRI contrast agents  (Read 1239 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Re: MRI contrast agents
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 05:53:37 PM »
Oh Martin, if that diet works for you, and helps you feel better then stay on it. But, I presume you need to put some weight on. How you will do that while on what amounts to the Atkins diet, I have no idea. But, as of now, you are probably eating very little. Can you eat any dairy?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
Oh Martin, if that diet works for you, and helps you feel better then stay on it. But, I presume you need to put some weight on. How you will do that while on what amounts to the Atkins diet, I have no idea. But, as of now, you are probably eating very little. Can you eat any dairy?
I'm not worried about my weight as much as I'am worried about my general health and gut problems. Once I get better and my guts starts working properly the weight issue will resolve on it own. BTW, I will soon undergo a breath test that measures amounts of hydrogen and methane gases. This is something I wanted to do for a couple of years now and finally I found a doc who knows something about this. 
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline Spera In Deo

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »
Don't want to derail the thread, but I want to say that as a future nurse, I find this thread and your SIBO thread interesting.  Especially since I see an unwillingness to think outside the box of medical orthodoxy in nursing school.  Vaccines are pushed heavily in cirriculum.  No one is willing to Are some people more susceptible?  IF so, why?  What about the preservatives?  The fact that some come from aborted fetal stem cells?  What about the fact that so many are given at once?  Would spacing them out when a child is older give better results with less side effects? And so on. While vaccines may not directly cause autism, is there something that they DO contribute to it's development?  I have tried starting conversations with one or two students, privately, and been shut down fast.

I have a friend who has multiple digestive disorders that they can not find a cause for.  The only thing that sort of works for her is the FODMAPS diet.  There are so many things she can't eat now, it's not funny.  And she is still in considerable amounts of pain.

There are new pathologies and symptoms out there.  Something has to be causing them.  But no one wants to think that modern medicine may be part of the problem.  And just to be clear, there is much that modern medicine has done that I do not want to do without.  But there are a lot of questions that need to be answered.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
Don't want to derail the thread, but I want to say that as a future nurse, I find this thread and your SIBO thread interesting.  Especially since I see an unwillingness to think outside the box of medical orthodoxy in nursing school.  Vaccines are pushed heavily in cirriculum.  No one is willing to Are some people more susceptible?  IF so, why?  What about the preservatives?  The fact that some come from aborted fetal stem cells?  What about the fact that so many are given at once?  Would spacing them out when a child is older give better results with less side effects? And so on. While vaccines may not directly cause autism, is there something that they DO contribute to it's development?  I have tried starting conversations with one or two students, privately, and been shut down fast.

I have a friend who has multiple digestive disorders that they can not find a cause for.  The only thing that sort of works for her is the FODMAPS diet.  There are so many things she can't eat now, it's not funny.  And she is still in considerable amounts of pain.

There are new pathologies and symptoms out there.  Something has to be causing them.  But no one wants to think that modern medicine may be part of the problem.  And just to be clear, there is much that modern medicine has done that I do not want to do without.  But there are a lot of questions that need to be answered.
You are absolutely right. Recently in Poland there was a big protest against frequent vaccines at an early stage of development. Some vaccines contain mercury and for a small baby to be exposed to mercury so early in life and so often is dangerous. In Poland there is also a vaccine(banned in many countries around the world) intended for girls only, which causes seizures.
Of course not everybody is going o get these horrible side effects and complications but would you be so willing to vaccine your child when it is so vulnerable and after having read all of the frightening testimonies of mothers whose children became retarded or seriously ill. If we are so far advanced medically speaking then why so many unwanted side effects and complications?
As to GI problems, getting bloated and feeling ill after fodmaps could mean SIBO, however what is the root cause of SIBO it is hard to find out. Only take wheat for example. Up to 1960 wheat has not been modified and contained normal amounts of gluten. Today we eat wheat that contains 50 or 60 times the amount of gluten. Gluten is known to irritate intestinal tract so high amount of it may lead to constant intestinal inflammation. Do your research and don't always rely on doctors. They rarely know all of these important details and insights. I know it first hand. Even recently my new doc didn't know much about SIBO and so it is important to educate yourself before attempting to start any new treatment, whether natural or pharmaceutical. Also doctors follow protocols so be sure that they will offer you "hundreds" of unnecessary tests before doing something you want. It is best to find a really good and knowledgeable doctor who cares and is willing to go an extra mile with you. These are usually out of networks and you need to pay for most of the services.
Good luck with everything.
PS: My local pharmacist gives better advice than all of my doctors put together.
Also here: University Lab foundation http://www.berkeleylabfoundation.org/support-berkeley-lab/
is accepting donations for gadolinium toxicity research and is currently trying a new chelator for gadolinium poisoning and toxicity.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:45:43 AM by martin88nyc »

Offline Quaremerepulisti

• Feldwebel
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »
Don't want to derail the thread, but I want to say that as a future nurse, I find this thread and your SIBO thread interesting.  Especially since I see an unwillingness to think outside the box of medical orthodoxy in nursing school. 

That rigidity is also present in the medical field in general.  MDs are, in general, not trained to think scientifically.  MDs are trained to soak up a lot of facts and regurgitate them and apply them in a preordained manner.  It is possible to get through med school without ever having taken a single course in statistics or even calculus.  Without such knowledge, it is impossible to understand what medical research papers are actually saying.

Yes, there certainly are.
The real purpose of traditionalist polemics is not to find truth, but to attempt to construct an epistemological fortress rendering one's worldview impervious to attack.

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »
I'm not sure what sad state the American medical education system is in, but the above is simply untrue for all of Canada's medical schools.  I doubt it's true for most American schools either.

Critical appraisal of the medical literature, statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics...now whether or not I enjoyed any of those classes is another matter ;)
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

The following users thanked this post: Chestertonian

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
Medical schools are one thing and big pharma mafia is another.