Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Larry on March 13, 2014, 05:54:32 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 13, 2014, 05:27:00 PM
Sunset blvd
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMTT0LW0M_Y[/yt]

Another great, great movie.
Yes I was surprised...although if I was in William Holdens (batchelor) position I wouldn't have griped a peep...I mean what the heck did he want?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 13, 2014, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: Larry on March 13, 2014, 05:54:32 PM
Sunset blvd

Another great, great movie.
Yes I was surprised...although if I was in William Holdens (batchelor) position I wouldn't have griped a peep...I mean what the heck did he want?

Artie's girlfriend.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

voxxpopulisuxx

Classic case of overreaching getting you killed

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Adeodatus

Since I only had 45 minutes... Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog (42 minute running time). More amusing than I expected... I don't usually enjoy comedies (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead being my favorite).
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on March 14, 2014, 01:23:23 PM
Sunset blvd

Always makes me think of the Carol Burnett version.
I know...I only saw the carol burnett skit before I watched it and it kind of made the movie lughable and a parody of itself...weird.

911!

Larry

I read the book on the making of Sunset Boulevard, and Billy Wilder did intend the movie to be a dark comedy. So it is sort of funny even without Carol Burnett, but also very sad and disturbing at the same time.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on March 14, 2014, 05:28:45 AM
Oldboy. Sick.

yeah that plot twist was unsettling eh.

just watched "cheap thrills" its alright.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

piabee

Arun

Quote from: piabee on March 15, 2014, 02:10:18 AM
Take a wild guess.

huh?

guess mine too but i give you a clue; theres only eight people in greenland, its a good palce to find a thumb...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Bonaventure

That's too easy. It's Veronica Mars.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Lynne

Quote from: Bonaventure on March 15, 2014, 09:39:59 AM
That's too easy. It's Veronica Mars.

What did you think?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

piabee

It was definitely enjoyable for fans. I want to see it again with friends who haven't watched the show. The biggest thing that bugged was that it sounded different. That's the difference between mixing for a movie theater and for dvds played on a laptop but it changed the atmosphere and it was tough to get past. I couldn't decide if it wanted to be a long episode or a short season. Logan was also missing a bit of his light-hearted quirkiness but all the characters were in a good place at the beginning and the end (for those who evolved during the story). I'm sure I will be watching it many more times and my opinion could change. But a solid A overall. They set up some intriguing plot points for a sequel (fingers crossed!). [spoiler]RIP Sachs.[/spoiler]

Edited to fix phone typos.