Atkins vs. Keto vs. Carnivore

Started by Heinrich, June 14, 2020, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Lynne on July 17, 2020, 04:27:14 AM
That's a nice app! That's free?!

It is pretty good, and yes it's free. One nice thing about using it as opposed to the screenshot is that you can mouse over different elements and it will give more information, e.g. what % of your pufas are coming from bacon, what from avocado, etc

Heinrich

I take vitamin D and magnesium supplements.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

Quote from: Graham on July 17, 2020, 10:15:02 AM

It is pretty good, and yes it's free. One nice thing about using it as opposed to the screenshot is that you can mouse over different elements and it will give more information, e.g. what % of your pufas are coming from bacon, what from avocado, etc

I didn't think bacon had pufa. I thought it was all saturated fats... I guess I need this app. lol
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Graham

Quote from: Lynne on July 17, 2020, 10:50:47 AM

I didn't think bacon had pufa. I thought it was all saturated fats... I guess I need this app. lol

Each slice has 2+ grams of pufas. I have bacon on saturday mornings, like today, double smoked and thinly sliced, fewer pufas that way (also important to dry off grease before eating), and perfect if you like bacon crisp, intensely flavoured, and much less expensive.

Heinrich

Quote from: Graham on July 18, 2020, 06:49:56 AM
Quote from: Lynne on July 17, 2020, 10:50:47 AM

Each slice has 2+ grams of pufas. I have bacon on saturday mornings, like today, double smoked and thinly sliced, fewer pufas that way (also important to dry off grease before eating), and perfect if you like bacon crisp, intensely flavoured, and much less expensive.

I had no idea that traditional bacon was available in the UK. I thought it was Canadian bacon over there.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Philip G.

How much water are you drinking on the skinny-fat diet?  And by water I mean water.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12