Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Went shooting at range with buddy. Had beers and bbq pulled pork w/ a buddy and his family for dinner.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

Quote from: Gardener on April 02, 2017, 09:46:11 PM
Went shooting at range with buddy. Had beers and bbq pulled pork w/ a buddy and his family for dinner.

Now, that makes for a very good day.   :thumbsup:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bonaventure

Saw T. Swizzle with Mrs. B. Better to go now before coming back home.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gardener

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 09, 2018, 08:42:02 PM
Saw T. Swizzle with Mrs. B. Better to go now before coming back home.

Can you repeat in English?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

I believe it's a reference to Taylor Swift.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

drummerboy

Got lost in the grocery store late at night after work (again).  I'm really coming to love the grocery store at night, not many people around and you can wonder and look at everything.  Plus, after years of shopping almost exclusively at sam's and aldi's I'm rediscovering a lot of thing I forgot existed
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

red solo cup

Made salmon loaf for 90 people.

Christina_S

Went shopping with both of my roommates: thrift stores, a bakery, and a liquor store, which I will be returning to shortly because one of my roommates didn't realize that her bottle of sake cost $48 until we got home. After returning that, we'll be picking up sushi for dinner. And my dearly beloved boyfriend will be coming to the city tonight  ;D
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

piabee

Quote from: drummerboy on May 11, 2018, 12:18:26 AM
Got lost in the grocery store late at night after work (again).  I'm really coming to love the grocery store at night, not many people around and you can wonder and look at everything.  Plus, after years of shopping almost exclusively at sam's and aldi's I'm rediscovering a lot of thing I forgot existed

[yt]qsrEAWcAvRg[/yt]

Carleendiane

Quote from: red solo cup on May 11, 2018, 12:36:40 PM
Made salmon loaf for 90 people.

That^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:      good job Red!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

drummerboy

Quote from: piabee on May 12, 2018, 12:55:24 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on May 11, 2018, 12:18:26 AM

[yt]qsrEAWcAvRg[/yt]

LOL!  I forgot about that song.  That whole album is great, the first time I listened to it I was painting a garage, still remember that for some reason
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

red solo cup

Made chili for 110 people.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

Made a pilgrimage to the local basilica and shrine in honor of Mary's feast day today.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 24, 2018, 04:46:34 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on May 24, 2018, 03:42:58 AM
Made chili for 110 people.

New job?
My parish runs a soup kitchen. I'm the cook on Wed and Fri. If you're ever in Waterville, Maine, between 11:30 and 12:30, lunch is on me. ;)
Sacred Heart Church on Pleasant St.