Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

was too hot to do anything outside like we planned but we hada small birthday celebration for my son at home..  a month too late
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Arun

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 20, 2015, 03:57:30 PM
was too hot to do anything outside like we planned but we hada small birthday celebration for my son at home..  a month too late

and a very happy un-birthday to him

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Pheo

15-hour road trip with the family to the east coast - went and stayed on an island in the Atlantic so we could go on a puffin tour.  Saw hundreds of them from a blind on the island: they're smaller than penguins and sound a little bit like cows (what a cool bird).  While we were on the island we did a couple morning hikes to lighthouses and saw seals, dolphins, and a whale.  Ate lots of seafood.  Went fishing until my arms hurt, then kayaked across a nice big lake anyway.  Woke up to see most sunrises, one of them with three nice white tail deer watching with me.  Walked on a path that's too close to the edge of 100-200 foot sheer cliffs at sunset - and I'd walk there again in a heartbeat.  Picked 6 pounds of wild raspberries, lots of wild strawberries, and some berries that I've never seen before (still alive).

All in all it was an awesome trip.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

LausTibiChriste

Which island if I may ask? Sounds like an awesome trip.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Chestertonian

Quote from: Arun on July 20, 2015, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on July 20, 2015, 03:57:30 PM

and a very happy un-birthday to him
thanks.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Pheo

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 20, 2015, 04:20:52 PM

Stayed on Grand Manan (dulse capital!) and the puffins are even further out on Machias Seal island.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Pheo on July 20, 2015, 04:26:21 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 20, 2015, 04:20:52 PM

Stayed on Grand Manan (dulse capital!) and the puffins are even further out on Machias Seal island.

Oh cool...spent a lot of time in that bay on the ships...nice area
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Rose

Quote from: Pheo on July 20, 2015, 04:13:31 PM
15-hour road trip with the family to the east coast - went and stayed on an island in the Atlantic so we could go on a puffin tour.  Saw hundreds of them from a blind on the island: they're smaller than penguins and sound a little bit like cows (what a cool bird).  While we were on the island we did a couple morning hikes to lighthouses and saw seals, dolphins, and a whale.  Ate lots of seafood.  Went fishing until my arms hurt, then kayaked across a nice big lake anyway.  Woke up to see most sunrises, one of them with three nice white tail deer watching with me.  Walked on a path that's too close to the edge of 100-200 foot sheer cliffs at sunset - and I'd walk there again in a heartbeat.  Picked 6 pounds of wild raspberries, lots of wild strawberries, and some berries that I've never seen before (still alive).

All in all it was an awesome trip.

I'm jealous...sounds amazing!
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

piabee

I went to see the Corpse Flower at the UC Botanical Garden, twice. The first day it hadn't opened yet. If you ever have the opportunity near you I highly recommend a visit. It's a crazy plant.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: piabee on July 27, 2015, 11:52:17 AM
I went to see the Corpse Flower at the UC Botanical Garden, twice. The first day it hadn't opened yet. If you ever have the opportunity near you I highly recommend a visit. It's a crazy plant.

I had to look that one up.  Not sure I'd want to get a whiff of that plant, though.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

piabee

It wasn't too stinky when I saw it. It gets worse as the pollen develops.

Chestertonian

put on real shoes (not evensocks and Tevas) and real clothes and went to some fancy rooftop party with my wife and her coworkers at some expensive  bar.  seemed to make my wife happy that i went out although apparently work outings do not count as "date night" because there are coworkers there, and apparently that is not a date.  even though i was her date.

we had a wonderful view of the sky, and the full moon, and the skyline.... the social interaction piece was difficult, i have forgotten how to have conversations with "normal people"   hard time remembering that at one point i was "the social one" and my wife hated these types of things.

we had to leave early but t was good to get out

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 01, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
seemed to make my wife happy that i went out although apparently work outings do not count as "date night" because there are coworkers there, and apparently that is not a date.  even though i was her date.

i know that struggle.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 01, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
put on real shoes (not evensocks and Tevas) and real clothes and went to some fancy rooftop party with my wife and her coworkers at some expensive  bar.  seemed to make my wife happy that i went out although apparently work outings do not count as "date night" because there are coworkers there, and apparently that is not a date.  even though i was her date.

we had a wonderful view of the sky, and the full moon, and the skyline.... the social interaction piece was difficult, i have forgotten how to have conversations with "normal people"   hard time remembering that at one point i was "the social one" and my wife hated these types of things.

we had to leave early but t was good to get out

That's awesome!  I'll bet you looked spiffy at a rooftop party.  Being social takes practice.  I hate it.  I'd rather be around babies and pets.  I'm so glad you were able to get out.  Your wife must have been on cloud nine.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LoneWolfRadTrad