Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: Arun on July 06, 2015, 09:29:37 PM
took the kids to the swimming centre, and for the first time in literally years i hopped in too. i can't swim so i normally don't get in with them, but this time i hopped in the kiddie pool and did some duck-walks. then wrestled the kids playing dunks for about 2 hours.

You should learn to swim
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Arun

Quote from: Gardener on July 06, 2015, 10:40:10 PM
took the kids to the swimming centre, and for the first time in literally years i hopped in too. i can't swim so i normally don't get in with them, but this time i hopped in the kiddie pool and did some duck-walks. then wrestled the kids playing dunks for about 2 hours.

You should learn to swim
Yeah

sent from a cheap Asian phone using Crapatalk

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Chestertonian

that is the bestp
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

That's an awesome picture, Laus.  I love all the beautiful colors.  Is that in Poland or Canada?  What was it you were flying?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LoneWolfRadTrad

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 07, 2015, 12:59:26 AM
That's an awesome picture, Laus.  I love all the beautiful colors.  Is that in Poland or Canada?  What was it you were flying?

That was in Poland. And a single engine trainer aircraft...lots of fun  ;D
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Chestertonian

to target, to target, to buy a fat pig.. home again home again jihgetty jig
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Archer

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 08, 2015, 09:22:58 AM
to target, to target, to buy a fat pig.. home again home again jihgetty jig

It's actually pronounced tarJAY dude.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Heinrich

I just completed this hike. I would not have posted about it, but along the route I was given, without a doubt, a signal Grace.

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/st-marys-falls-trail

http://www.coloradophotohikes.com/st-marys-falls.html
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Today was an off-day. Went up to Boulder to the Celestial Seasonings tea factory (www.celestialseasonings.com/), took the free tour, got free samples, and ate in their cafe. It was enjoyable, and the cafe served great food at a decent price (cheaper than Panera -- got a good panini sandwich w/ fries for 7.50).

Then over to the Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art (http://www.leanintreemuseum.com/). Got some good pics which I'll post when less lazy.

And then, to the Redstone Meadery(http://redstonemeadery.com/), took their free tour and had samples. Bought some of their traditional mead and their reserve stuff. Tyler, the meadery tour guide, was great and very knowledgeable about home-brewing, giving good DIY tips. I was surprised to learn they only have around 6 employees total.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

interesting i remember making mead with a friend once... very easy

Arun

Quote from: Gardener on July 08, 2015, 08:12:39 PM
Today was an off-day. Went up to Boulder to the Celestial Seasonings tea factory (www.celestialseasonings.com/), took the free tour, got free samples, and ate in their cafe. It was enjoyable, and the cafe served great food at a decent price (cheaper than Panera -- got a good panini sandwich w/ fries for 7.50).

Then over to the Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art (http://www.leanintreemuseum.com/). Got some good pics which I'll post when less lazy.

And then, to the Redstone Meadery(http://redstonemeadery.com/), took their free tour and had samples. Bought some of their traditional mead and their reserve stuff. Tyler, the meadery tour guide, was great and very knowledgeable about home-brewing, giving good DIY tips. I was surprised to learn they only have around 6 employees total.

never tried their mead but i have heard it is some of the best out there...

you should jump in the homebrewing thread in St Joe's Workshop bro.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Chestertonian

played battleship with my son... uncle wiggly...guess who.. some catholic edition

Archer

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 09, 2015, 11:47:17 PM
played battleship with my son... uncle wiggly...guess who.. some catholic edition

Classic games! I remember all of them from growing up.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney