Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Just traveled to Bratislava, Budapest, Belgrade, Skopje, Bucharest....it was fun, and really cheap (average hostel was about $4). Didn't really go see anything, just wanted to increase my country count  :P
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

zork

Quote from: piabee on January 26, 2015, 02:06:07 PM
When/where do you last remember having it? I've been slowly shriveling up without it for the last two weeks so I feel your pain.

November. Then things at work got really busy and I didn't miss it for awhile. Then my sister got each of us siblings a gift card for iTunes for Christmas and now I really miss it.  :P

As for where...I thought I might've left it in my car after I got back from a run, but it's not there. Nor anywhere else I've thought to look.

Edits: Removed asterix; grammar corrections
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

zork

Posting on SD. I guess that's...fun...  :-\

piabee

I was hanging up a coat yesterday when I spotted a vest in the closet and decided to check the pockets. Lo and behold, it was there. And of course I had previously checked all the other pockets in that closet, as well as the pockets of all the coats strewn around the living room. I must have hung it up and forgotten about. Sporadic neatness gets me nowhere. :violin:

zork

You didn't happen to pray to St. Anthony before you found it though, did you? Just wondering, because I haven't tried that yet.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: zork on January 26, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
You didn't happen to pray to St. Anthony before you found it though, did you? Just wondering, because I haven't tried that yet.

I was going to suggest that.  Do it!  He has never failed me.  It's amazing, really.  I have looked for things for days, and it isn't until I've prayed to him that I find it..,,sometimes immediately.  He's even found my engagement ring a few times  :whistling:

piabee

I had mentioned it to St. Anthony on and off a couple times, but I actually made a different prayer promise the day before. Works every time.

piabee

I hiked the Filbert Steps to North Beach at lunch. I need three gallons of water and a shower but the views were worth it and I cleaned out the last of the sfinge from Victoria Pastry.

Dom Passerini

For my middle son's birthday yesterday we went to the Phoenix Herpetological Society.  It was really cool.  I'd never seen so many awesome and/or deadly creatures before, and it was better than the zoo because it much more focused on one type of creature (reptiles) and has a lot more than the zoo, and it's private and by reservation only, and everywhere you look there's something awesome/creepy (plus, you're never far from a bathroom, which is good for parents with small children).

According to them they're the facility with the second largest alligator/croc population in the country and also house the largest population of venemous snakes.  Snakes are kind of grotesque and creepy and gorgeous all rolled into one.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Dom Passerini on March 20, 2015, 05:20:29 PM
For my middle son's birthday yesterday we went to the Phoenix Herpetological Society.  It was really cool.  I'd never seen so many awesome and/or deadly creatures before, and it was better than the zoo because it much more focused on one type of creature (reptiles) and has a lot more than the zoo, and it's private and by reservation only, and everywhere you look there's something awesome/creepy (plus, you're never far from a bathroom, which is good for parents with small children).

According to them they're the facility with the second largest alligator/croc population in the country and also house the largest population of venemous snakes.  Snakes are kind of grotesque and creepy and gorgeous all rolled into one.

Sounds like hell on earth....this thread is for fun things  :P

There's very little in this world that bothers me: spiders, gore, gross food, you name it, I can deal with it no problem. But snakes are all kinds of nope.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Jacob

My alma mater's women's team is one of the sites for the first two rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament since the team got a high seed.  My brother and I went to the game today.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Dom Passerini

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 20, 2015, 05:21:28 PM

Sounds like hell on earth....

Bruh, I live in Phoenix

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Dom Passerini on March 20, 2015, 05:38:16 PM

Bruh, I live in Phoenix

Every Aussie on the forum is laughing at you  ;)

- MaximGun

Dom Passerini

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 20, 2015, 05:40:54 PM
Quote from: Dom Passerini on March 20, 2015, 05:38:16 PM

Bruh, I live in Phoenix

Every Aussie on the forum is laughing at you  ;)

The Phoenician is laughing at himself ;)  Cheers!