Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheo

Planted some deadly nightshade!  Just as a houseplant.  Poisonous plants are (also) the best.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Heinrich

I spent a day and a half scouting for elk in the Sangre de Cristo range. In the video below, you'll see Wolf Springs Ranch and the mountains behind it, which are part of the Sangre range. As WSR is over 55,000 acres, it abuts to the national park and wilderness, where we scouted up to about 10000 feet. Enjoy the video and I'll post pics in a day or two.

The road up to the elk super highway!

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elizabeth

Quote from: Pheo on June 26, 2014, 09:52:14 PM
Planted some deadly nightshade!  Just as a houseplant.  Poisonous plants are (also) the best.

That's the spirit! I had great luck with Castor beans once.  Deadly, huge, showy plants.

Elizabeth

Quote from: Heinrich on July 06, 2014, 02:48:32 PM
I spent a day and a half scouting for elk in the Sangre de Cristo range.

Perfect timing for the month of the Precious Blood.  The Wolf Ranch is breathtaking.

piabee

Dinner and drinks in Santa Cruz with friends, and then farther down the coast to their grandparents' beach house for the night. Bananagrams and (less fun) volleyball today. In the least fun category, I learned that you should never park under a eucalyptus tree during a coastal fog. Or ever, probably.

Kaesekopf

Why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Elizabeth

The aroma of eucalyptus trees=yum.  Maybe they drip paint-removing sap? 

piabee

My car looks like it's been through a chemical rain storm.

Heinrich

Quote from: Elizabeth on July 06, 2014, 06:08:50 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on July 06, 2014, 02:48:32 PM
I spent a day and a half scouting for elk in the Sangre de Cristo range.

Perfect timing for the month of the Precious Blood.  The Wolf Ranch is breathtaking.

Ave Maria! I did not know this. Thank you for the update. The name is due to the effects of the eastern sun on the mountains each morning: a passionate red hue that is spellbinding. Was not able to see this phenomenon, but when I do, pics will most certainly be posted. I live an 1.5 hours to the north so it takes a bit of planning to make some time there.

Yes, Wolf Springs Ranch is quite the setup. A county road cuts through it. As one drives, there are numerous reminders that trespassing, poaching and otherwise interloping is prosecuted with extreme prejudice.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

piabee

So, so much. I was in Lake County for two days with my entire family (how we managed to coordinate everyone's schedule is beyond me). We rented a boat the first day and went shooting the next.

Yesterday I hosted my BFF's bridal shower for 30+ people. It was awesome because whenever I finished cooking something her mom swooped into the kitchen and did the washing-up.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: piabee on July 14, 2014, 01:01:40 PM
Yesterday I hosted my BFF's bridal shower for 30+ people. It was awesome because whenever I finished cooking something her mom swooped into the kitchen and did the washing-up.

You're a good friend. I wish I could organize such a thing, but such affairs necessitate having friends first. The miss is in dire need of one.

She and I jointly decorated a cardboard box at a diocesan marriage preparatory course last Saturday. We decided to make it the most intensely symbolic cardboard box that had ever been made at one of these... things. This is the first panel.

dymphna17

Very nice, HK, but don't quit your day job.   :lol:  You're prepping for marriage?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

The Harlequin King

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 14, 2014, 02:14:01 PM
Very nice, HK, but don't quit your day job.   :lol:  You're prepping for marriage?

Yes. Well, you must walk before you can run.

We each took to illustrating two sides. This is one of hers:

I call it "in facie ecclesiae". As I commented on a related Facebook posting: The west end of the box, as drawn by the miss, has the portal to a Gothic cathedral. In pre-Reformation England, couples were typically married outside under the portal of the church ("in the face of the church"). My one contribution to this was coloring the door red, in the tradition of English churches, just as the Israelites painted their doors red for the angel of death to pass over them.

(Fine example of red doors here: http://ameganfindsartinphilly.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/red-church-door-1-17.jpg)

dymphna17

Quote from: The Harlequin King on July 14, 2014, 02:33:13 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on July 14, 2014, 02:14:01 PM

Yes. Well, you must walk before you can run.

We each took to illustrating two sides. This is one of hers:

I call it "in facie ecclesiae". As I commented on a related Facebook posting: The west end of the box, as drawn by the miss, has the portal to a Gothic cathedral. In pre-Reformation England, couples were typically married outside under the portal of the church ("in the face of the church"). My one contribution to this was coloring the door red, in the tradition of English churches, just as the Israelites painted their doors red for the angel of death to pass over them.

(Fine example of red doors here: http://ameganfindsartinphilly.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/red-church-door-1-17.jpg)

Nice.  She's talented.  Interesting about the red doors as well.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

JubilateDeo

No, I haven't done anything fun lately.  I have 2 children and a husband that keep me from doing that.  My husband makes sure he has fun, though.  Goes out with his friends friday and saturday nights and spends saturday morning shooting guns with them.