Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeraeFidei

Saw an awesome model train setup at a local museum - my 21 month old son was enthralled about as much as I was.

Unfortunately, the same museum also had an "exhibit" promoting human cloning and human gene modification.

kempff

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 14, 2014, 08:31:39 AM
Still unmarried, so I have to fend for myself...  :'(
Want to come over for barbecue next week for the Equinox? If you want to being something, maybe an 18pk of Stag? I'll supply the ribs:

(Enlarged to show detail.)

drummerboy

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 14, 2014, 08:31:39 AM
Quote from: Archer on March 14, 2014, 08:07:55 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 14, 2014, 07:10:02 AM
Cleaned my apartment and vacuumed.

You're becoming domestic.

:lol:

Still unmarried, so I have to fend for myself...  :'(

At least he didn't give you the old "you'll make somebody a good wife someday" joke...
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

dymphna17

We went to a refurbished theater/art gallery that has been redone with items from the 1893 Chicago World's Fair.  The huge tapestries were amazing.  Who knew you'd find something like that in a little bitty Kansas town?  Then off to the bike show!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Larry

After Mass and lunch, my friend and I stopped at Brownie's Irish Pub for one of these.

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Lynne

Quote from: Larry on March 16, 2014, 04:55:31 PM
After Mass and lunch, my friend and I stopped at Brownie's Irish Pub for one of these.

Vitamin G!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Larry

totiusque

Excellent choice, but.... http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/16/pf/guinness-parade/index.html

Yet another corporation falls prey to the gay agenda.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Larry

Quote from: totiusque on March 16, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

Excellent choice, but.... http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/16/pf/guinness-parade/index.html

Yet another corporation falls prey to the gay agenda.

Yeah, just saw it on another thread. Last pint of Guinness I drink until they change their policy(which won't happen unless Our Lady's Immaculate Heart triumphs. Our civilization is gone).

Ancilla Domini

I had a picnic lunch then spent the afternoon at the pool swimming with friends and family.  :)

Heinrich

Went to a Bass Pro Shop at got good gun ideas. Mrs. Heinrich found some jewelry she liked. We then drove around the foothills of the Frontrange listening to the Rockies game.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

Quote from: VeraeFidei on March 14, 2014, 10:31:51 AM
Saw an awesome model train setup at a local museum - my 21 month old son was enthralled about as much as I was.

Unfortunately, the same museum also had an "exhibit" promoting human cloning and human gene modification.
ewwwww
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Dom Passerini

Quote from: Heinrich on May 18, 2014, 05:03:03 PM
Went to a Bass Pro Shop at got good gun ideas. Mrs. Heinrich found some jewelry she liked. We then drove around the foothills of the Frontrange listening to the Rockies game.

Dude, how awesome is that!?  Sounds like a fun day.  There's a parishioner here who either played for, or was drafted by the rockies, but he had an ACL issue and now he owns a construction company...
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Dom Passerini

An Indiana friend of mine regularly raves about the beer from a certain Michigan brewery (Founders), and I've always wondered about it.  Yesterday, I stopped in at my local fine booze establishment, and for the first time ever, they had not one, but like six different brews from Founders, so I bought one of each (except for the one about which my friend texted me "no no no no no").  He's a beer snob, like me, so I just took his advice.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Hector, Tamer of Horses

On Friday my friend and I spent the whole day together, watching Little Shop of Horrors and Bates Motel and, since she went to beauty school, I also got a free haircut. 
"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

-Dr. Johnson, Rasselas