Made new legs for favorite doll

Started by Bernadette, February 18, 2024, 07:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

https://imgur.com/a/l95CPii

I've spent the weekend sewing new legs for Hannelore, my 130 year old German china head doll. I had to really hunt for a pattern that had a foot the shape I wanted. I particularly wanted a nicely shaped foot so I could put real shoes on her. I finally thought of a pattern I have for an antique cloth doll. The pattern was all one piece, with the shaping achieved by darts. And it didn't have a separate sole piece- I hate sewing those. I made the mistake of using my sewing machine for the second leg, so it's a little smaller than the first, which I sewed by hand. But not bad for a first attempt. I'm planning to sew Hannelore a whole new body with replacement cloth arms, and I'll make her some better legs then. But I'm pretty happy with how these have turned out.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"