Do you trust the news you hear?

Started by longstrangetrip5, July 11, 2018, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longstrangetrip5

I watch Fox News exclusively because I don't trust CNN or most other cable news networks

I've been around long enough, however, to realize that many truths are being kept from We the People (and everyone else), just don't know if FNC is doing that or--?

I learn a lot from FNC that I was never taught in grade sch or high sch. (about NATO and many other topics). I didn't have the best high school (rated low in that state), but I have always been a big reader of non-fiction(history, biographies..)  so I probably know as much or more than the avg American (?), which ... probably is not saying a heck of a lot? 

In any case, I am wondering just how cynical posters here are, of what they hear on the news, whether they believe most of what they hear or not?

I read somewhere that N. Korea is not as bad as we have been told (for example). But then you hear how their leader kills his own family members. And then there was Otto Warmbier. I pray for his parents / family. They may hate Kim Jong Un?

Anyway, it is really bad when you don't know whom to trust.

Jesus?

:)

Jayne

I believe virtually nothing on the news.  I don't even bother finding out what it says.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Innocent Smith

I believe they try to give accurate weather forecasts, although with far too much drama.

That drama also includes the reporting of significant weather occurrences such as light rains.

I also tend to trust the reports of scores around the League on any given day.

Outside of that, not so much.

But just because Fox News is not an outfit staffed by revolutionaries with dirty necks hardly makes them reliable.

I generally peruse the headlines on Drudge and fill in the rest all by myself. It's all reruns anyway and I've been walking the earth long enough to develop this skill. But it did take years of paying close attention.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Greg

Otto Warmbier was a moron and I am glad they executed him.

For goodness sake grow up and behave like an adult when in another country., especially North Korea.  I am in Thailand,  I would never insult their king.  Honour is a big deal in Asia.  Respect that or stay at home

Stealing shit and living life like it is one big frat party is really stupid.

His parents raised a spoiled little brat.  If that was my kid behaving so stupidly I would be glad to see the back of him.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

JackoPaul

No!

In the UK the BBC constantly fakes news. For example

The BBC faked this news to get the public to support an illegal war in Syria.

Our leftist and liberal MSM is so biased towards remaining in the EU it is so obvious that it is embarrassing. If a TV show has a panel of experts  ;D there is always more remainers than Brexiters, also they often describe the Brexiters as such but not the remainers. If there is an audience then it is always heavily in favour of remain. I can honestly say I cannot name one single news reporter or TV host from any TV channel that is actually in favour of Brexit or even Trump.

However I tend to still watch BBC, Sky et al. It is quite easy to spot when they are lying as their lips move. I actually like RT they seem more to be a bit more truthful and they have some excellent documentaries. They all have an agenda if you remember that none of them are objective you can usually guess the real facts.

The most obvious fake news was the supposed chemical attack in Syria in April this year. I was 100% certain it never happened at the time. TV footage was obviously staged. I lost a lot of faith in Trump due to his attack on Syria because of this supposed chemical attack. However, Trump did back down and it was a limited attack on what looked like a disused factory outside Damascus.

Don't start me on the TV adverts though, are people in the UK total morons especially woman, they are being brainwashed and it is working.

Jacob

Quote from: Innocent Smith on July 11, 2018, 04:18:57 PM
I generally peruse the headlines on Drudge and fill in the rest all by myself.

This.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

dellery

Firstly,  Otto Warmbier's soul could use some prayers as well.

Secondly, all news media is to drive and direct public opinion. I've posted about this stuff at length in the past.
Read some Bernays and Lippmann, then sit back and laugh at all the arrogant fools who think they they're getting news from the news ... any news, without exception.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Gerard

Quote from: Jacob on July 11, 2018, 06:18:26 PM

This.

Don't trust Drudge a bit.  I know from personal experience, he is a tool of the "Deep State."

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Gerard on July 11, 2018, 08:53:04 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 11, 2018, 06:18:26 PM

This.

Don't trust Drudge a bit.  I know from personal experience, he is a tool of the "Deep State."

I don't trust him at all and completely agree with you. Like I said before, I simply read headlines and fill in the rest. After a few years of being a news junkie I eventually learned that following news cycles and stories was as simple as predicting what was going to happen on Gilligan's Island or The Brady Bunch. After all, the news is pure theater. The latest example being something about a cave and a soccer team or group of boy scouts. I did not pay one iota of attention to it as I'm trying to have a life here. At least capers like Apollo 13 were actually interesting for the world to follow back in the day.

Drudge is a great example of a place to cheery pick what is being reported and what is hot. But he was only used as an example.

I already forgot what it was but he infuriated me a few months back with an agenda he was obviously running. He does this from time to time.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Gerard

Quote from: Innocent Smith on July 11, 2018, 09:16:05 PM
I eventually learned that following news cycles and stories was as simple as predicting what was going to happen on Gilligan's Island or The Brady Bunch. After all, the news is pure theater.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCCN-3NJiU[/yt]

Kaesekopf

I'll only believe it if the news report says negative things about Israel. 

[emoji38]

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

The only news I trust is from Syria Girl. For all the wrong reasons.

non impediti ratione cogitationis

longstrangetrip5

I believe they try to give accurate weather forecasts, although with far too much drama.

That drama also includes the reporting of significant weather occurrences such as light rains.

I also tend to trust the reports of scores around the League on any given day.

Outside of that, not so much.

But just because Fox News is not an outfit staffed by revolutionaries with dirty necks hardly makes them reliable.

I generally peruse the headlines on Drudge and fill in the rest all by myself. It's all reruns anyway and I've been walking the earth long enough to develop this skill. But it did take years of paying close attention.

hate to ask a dumb question but is Drudge a cable thing?

I have heard of Drudge but... not much obviously. Sorry, I tend to be like my grandmother, don't want to try new things.. but I would try other conservative news sources...

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: Greg on July 11, 2018, 04:51:34 PM
Otto Warmbier was a moron and I am glad they executed him.

For goodness sake grow up and behave like an adult when in another country., especially North Korea.  I am in Thailand,  I would never insult their king.  Honour is a big deal in Asia.  Respect that or stay at home

Stealing shit and living life like it is one big frat party is really stupid.

His parents raised a spoiled little brat.  If that was my kid behaving so stupidly I would be glad to see the back of him.
now you know darn good and well that last thing is NOT so

and I don't think anyone deserves to die over taking a souvenir