This Forum's Purpose?

Started by Kaesekopf, May 24, 2021, 11:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanis

One can just look at the profile and posts to see them in order, with the most recent first .

andy

Quote from: Insanis on May 31, 2021, 05:00:38 PM
One can just look at the profile and posts to see them in order, with the most recent first (May 25).

Never mind, my bad. I somehow confused threads.

MaximGun

QuoteIt is to promote a Catholic community in these trying times

It might be a good idea to first define who is in the "Catholic Community", because the essence of this crisis is that everyone is arguing about that.

Would Pope Francis be allowed to spread his modernist ideas here or would you excommunicate him?  Notionally, he is Pope after all.  Banning the Pope from a Catholic forum would probably be the desired outcome for most of the community posting here.  (Unless the more optimistic thought they could convert him).

Let's assume we have a poster who is 4 square behind the current pope's theological and moral beliefs.  Are they part of the community?  I would imagine not.

Would a typical German Catholic bishop be allowed to promote blessings of homosexual unions?  After all a majority of German Catholics probably agree or sympathise with this position, I am sure the majority of German bishops do.  Are they part of the Catholic community if they decide to join this forum?  Once again I suppose no.

What about someone saying "the new mass is perfectly acceptable to attend and the TLM in no way superior or inferior to the new mass?".  I would imagine that the vast majority of new mass attendees, catholics, think this currently.  The TLM is just another flavour of ice-cream which some people like while others prefer the new mass.

Or someone who likes the old mass but, nevertheless, insists that the SSPX are disobedient to Rome and thus and nobody should go to their masses as they are encouraging disobedience?  Pretty sure that a majority of Catholic bishops would hold that position.

The community is a moving target in reality.  In 2013 the Michael Voris community had nothing bad to say about Pope Francis.  Now they are slagging him off everyday.  Same community, with completely opposing views to that which they had a few years before.

You could define the purpose of this forum as to maintain and promote and support Catholic Traditionalist values as the moderator sees fit and cast into the exterior darkness anything that maliciously attacks those values, rather than seeks to discuss, explore or debate them in a way that does not disturb or annoy the membership.  That is closer to what will actually take place, I think.

Since you are, in harsh reality and without any sarcasm intended far more Catholic than the Pope or nearly every bishop in the world, it is better that you simply admit this simple fact and act accordingly.  Most people on this forum would agree that you are better at defining what is Catholic and what is not than the vast majority of the heretical, weak and apostate hierarchy.   So you are the pope at least as far as this community is concerned and if people don't like it they can join another forum.

clau clau

Quote from: MaximGun on June 04, 2021, 10:48:29 AMSo you are the pope at least as far as this community is concerned and if people don't like it they can join another forum.

Arise Pope Kaeskopt 1   :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Michael Wilson

Maxi Gun,
some great questions.
F.W.I.W. Here are my responses:
1."The Pope Welcome/Banned"; He would be initially welcomed; and then after futile attempts to convert him; the members who might have been optimistic, finally come to realize that he is a pertinatious heretic; would vote to ban him.
2.A poster 4-square with Pope, welcome? Not only would he not be welcomed, but he would also not want to come withing a mile of this forum. "Feelings are mutual" type of thing. The few N.O. People that come on here from time to time to defend the N.O. Leave pretty quickly.
3. "German Catholics" (as opposed to Catholic Germans). Same as #'s 1 & 2.
4. Depends what he was posting; if he was posting "The N.O. Is just as good as the T.L.M." He would get "push back", but otherwise he would be welcome; I believe that V.O. Is pretty close to this position, and he is a welcome member here and frequent contributor; I would assume that there might be others also who think the same way.
5. "S.S.P.X. Is disobedient"; I believe that Xavier holds a position close to this (maybe V.O. Also); and I don't see either one of them being banned.
6. "Changing views"; the Catholic faith doesn't change; each person's response to the current crisis does change through time. But I have been a member here for 8 years; and the only change that I have seen is a growing sympathy towards the sed position; mostly because of Pope Francis blatant un-Catholicism.
The recent questioning of the title of Our Blessed Mother as Co-Redemptrix; and the attack on an apparition approved by the Church; has led the moderator to take action to call recall that this is a Catholic forum, and Catholics are not allowed to do either of the aforementioned. I really don't see the problem here.
Kaese the Pope? Better than the guy we have in Rome right now (or for the last 50 years).   
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

andy

Quote from: Michael Wilson on June 05, 2021, 08:47:51 AM
Maxi Gun,

M.G. is temporarily silenced here if I am not mistaken, per thread "Lust".

Insanis

I just want to say, after going back and reviewing the old days when I was here up until I was no longer active: I am amazed the forum has been kept up all this time, despite the changes.

I appreciate the effort in keeping the domain, DNS whois masking, and the hosting paid for, and of course, maintaining the software and backend.

I wish people made better use of the forum though. They don't seem to realize all that expense and effort was for a purpose.

I think with a more present moderator force, or at least some sort of firefighting brigade, it might make things more civil and easier for others to post without fear of incurring the wrath of random people.

I do think heresies and blasphemies need a stricter policy. Temporary banning them made no sense to me at first, but then I was considering the forum without those people, and realized that without willing active posters, the forum would be completely dead. But I do think eliminating them and encouraging other orthodox posting will be better, although, I don't know the history (there is a huge gap that I haven't explored yet).

I found myself kind of missing particular posters simply because they provided reasons to post and engage, but that is a pretty sad state of affairs, as I know I would never actually want blasphemies on the forum.

What happened to the feminist and trousers debates?

EDIT: I found out what happened.

Miriam_M

I have nothing to apologize to Insanis or to anyone else for, on this particular thread or on the thread I started.  I called someone out on her inappropriate criticism of me for not being aware of some inside joke that had yet to be revealed publicly or privately. Absent such knowledge, my thread was actually a normal request that really did belong in this part of the forum. I was criticized and then repeatedly piled on because I lacked insider knowledge of what was apparently "obvious" to certain other people.  I was criticized specifically for "wasting the moderator's time." 

That is not "hyper-sensitivity,"  my "imagination," or any such nonsense. 

Insanis, you do not own the forum, and all of these additional posts you make about how wrong other people's perceptions supposedly are and how they should supposedly change and notice what a wonderful person you are by contrast and how much you have been overall persecuted on the forum, are entirely uncalled for.

Insanis

I found out what is happening.

Jayne

Quote from: Miriam_M on June 05, 2021, 01:46:09 PM
I have nothing to apologize to Insanis or to anyone else for, on this particular thread or on the thread I started.  I called someone out on her inappropriate criticism of me for not being aware of some inside joke that had yet to be revealed publicly or privately. Absent such knowledge, my thread was actually a normal request that really did belong in this part of the forum. I was criticized and then repeatedly piled on because I lacked insider knowledge of what was apparently "obvious" to certain other people.  I was criticized specifically for "wasting the moderator's time." 

That is not "hyper-sensitivity,"  my "imagination," or any such nonsense. 

Yes, it is hyper-sensitivity and imagination. You are imagining that you were criticized for not being aware of the joke and imagining that you were criticized for wasting the moderator's time.   Those things did not happen.

Your request was normal but everything you did after that was not.  You attacked me for helping you.  You do owe me an apology.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 24, 2021, 11:31:33 PM
On Sunday at Mass during the sermon, it struck me what this Forum's purpose is, was, and will continue to be.  It is to promote a Catholic community in these trying times, in these times of emergency, and it is to promote the growth and practice of the Faith for posters and lurkers. 

This forum has spectacularly failed to achieve this purpose.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Non Nobis

I'm starting a Prayer Intentions thread. Only thing I can think of! https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25777.msg537318#msg537318
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dellery

Instead of looking at what other people are doing wrong a better place to look is at, or in, ourselves. It's not pleasant, but it is what works. Much of my past post history is downright embarrassing and I resolved to amend it a while ago.

Pull the plank out of your own eye first, and if somebody is acting foolish correct them, if they continue just ignore them. This is not hard to do. Insisting on retractions and apologies is immature and is almost always a way of saying "see you were wrong and I was right". People don't act like this in person. Often times if you forgive somebody, and give them time to think about their behavior without trying to force them into submission by way of apology or retraction, they will do so on their own accord. Besides, nobody can seriously tally all of the people in their life they owe an apology to and this is probably a big part of why forgiveness is so important in social interactions.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Jayne on May 31, 2021, 12:48:03 PM
Quote from: Insanis on May 31, 2021, 12:23:54 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 24, 2021, 11:31:33 PM
On Sunday at Mass during the sermon, it struck me what this Forum's purpose is, was, and will continue to be.  It is to promote a Catholic community in these trying times, in these times of emergency, and it is to promote the growth and practice of the Faith for posters and lurkers. 

It must be kept on course if this is what you want it to do.

I agree.  Just gathering a group of Catholics together is not enough to achieve this purpose.  It needs more intervention than you have been able to give recently.

It sure does with you around...LOL. Jk    ;D

dellery

The forum should not need Kaese to babysit it.
If we can not get along without a Daddy Admin policing everybody's behavior the problem is with us, not him.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.