Anyone remember DrBombay?

Started by Francisco Suárez, May 06, 2019, 07:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriarch

I miss DK, DrBombay, Tim (Requiescat in pace+), INPEFESS, Vetus Ordo (before he became a Prot), and others. I formerly attended Fisheaters myself for years. I still have an account there; although, it is generally inactive. C'est La Vie. I hope we all meet merrily in Heaven hereafter, God Willing (to paraphrase, St Thomas More).
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

red solo cup

Quote from: mikemac on May 10, 2019, 08:23:59 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on May 10, 2019, 03:51:29 AM
Quote from: mikemac on May 09, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: moneil on May 07, 2019, 03:00:30 PM
I miss his posts likewise, as well as the guy who traded in antiquarian books (I can't remember his name).  I've always hoped that DrBombay might show up here someday.

sip sip
Your right Mike. I forgot about the payos.
DK was one of a kind. If you believed his posts he spent a good portion of his day drunk. IIRC he's was married to a Maronite and had extensive contact with Lebanese christians. He passed into legend when he once stated he would strangle a moslem with his rosary whilst explaining to him the finer points of the Catholic faith. I think his bookstore was in Toronto.

Yeah his bookstore was in Toronto.  We were suppose to meet when I had to go to Toronto but lost contact.  Yeah he had extensive contact with Lebanese Christians, that's why he always took the Israeli side over the Palestinian.  Apparently the only help the Lebanese Christians got during the civil war was from Israel.  But I'm sure his ex was a Jew, not a Maronite.  I remember him saying that he used to bug his brother in-law at family gatherings by batting his payos.  You know, the long curly hair a Jew has on the side of his face.  We used to talk in PM a fair amount.  He was telling me that he took his brother in-law to an Irish pub one time and how a former Provo and his brother in-law stared each other down.  He was quite upset about his ex having his son, you know with him not growing up with the Faith.  Actually DK stopped going to Fisheaters because he got fed up with a rash of anti-Irish sentiment that was happening there at the time.  Yeah for sure, he was one of a kind.  I enjoyed his humour, I suppose because I'm also Canadian and I understood it.  He would post just to rile Americans sometimes.  You know, that was a time of oil wars and going to war under false pretenses and the like.     
Your right Mike. I forgot about the payos.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Gardener on May 10, 2019, 06:52:07 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on May 10, 2019, 03:41:23 AM
Quote from: Gardener on May 09, 2019, 10:02:44 AM
The owner herself was part of the problem, defending that which is morally and psychologically reprehensible.

Her site itself is a goldmine. But her forum stances were wacky.
I'm embarrassed to admit but a couple of times a year I would send her envelopes stuffed with cash.

It seems her forum stances were largely a progression, rather than a starting point.

Like I said, her site itself is gold. If I ever win the lottery and have a bunch of free time, I'd like to contract with her to turn it into a book. She put together a ton of excellent resources.

Yes, the website is extremely good. Lots of resources and useful information. Well organized.

It's her best work by far.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Heinrich

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 11, 2019, 01:28:54 PM
Quote from: Gardener on May 10, 2019, 06:52:07 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on May 10, 2019, 03:41:23 AM
Quote from: Gardener on May 09, 2019, 10:02:44 AM
The owner herself was part of the problem, defending that which is morally and psychologically reprehensible.

Her site itself is a goldmine. But her forum stances were wacky.
I'm embarrassed to admit but a couple of times a year I would send her envelopes stuffed with cash.

It seems her forum stances were largely a progression, rather than a starting point.

Like I said, her site itself is gold. If I ever win the lottery and have a bunch of free time, I'd like to contract with her to turn it into a book. She put together a ton of excellent resources.

Yes, the website is extremely good. Lots of resources and useful information. Well organized.

It's her best work by far.

I believe it was non husband husband who actually put that together. Weren't they in a civil marriage and not a Sacramental one? I will stand corrected on both accounts if I am wrong.

But what happened with the split of Quis and Vox? Wasn't it that thing with Morecoffee and some pretend convert who was (fake) dying?

Devoted Knuckles was a refugee from the Good Friday sellout, right Mac?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Quote from: Heinrich on May 11, 2019, 09:18:00 PM

I don't know.  I think he grew up in Northern Ireland, possibly Belfast, didn't he?
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Heinrich

Quote from: mikemac on May 11, 2019, 09:49:46 PM

I don't know.  I think he grew up in Northern Ireland, possibly Belfast, didn't he?

I believe so. I also remember we discovered we are the same exact ages: same day, same year. While I was living on potatoes poor in Ohio, he was pelting Brits with bottles. I remember him saying that once.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Quote from: Heinrich on May 11, 2019, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: mikemac on May 11, 2019, 09:49:46 PM

I believe so. I also remember we discovered we are the same exact ages: same day, same year. While I was living on potatoes poor in Ohio, he was pelting Brits with bottles. I remember him saying that once.

:)  That sounds like something he'd say.  Very same day.  Cool.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source