Catholic Three's Quiz!

Started by Kaesekopf, January 08, 2013, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Pheo

43/45

I wasn't sure what they meant by "evangelical counsels" - makes sense though.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Kaesekopf

I missed these:
Eminent Good Works
Evangelical Counsels/Counsels of Perfection
Stages of Perfection
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

JoyfulMother

I got them all!

I did have to google the proper words for levels of reverence though.  Is that considered cheating?  I knew there was one for the Saints, one for Mary, and one for God alone.  (dulia, hyperdulia, and latria)

Penelope

40/45. I missed the following categories: Evangelical Counsels/Counsels of Perfection (though one answer for this one was filled in because it was the same as an answer in another category) and Stages of Perfection. Two years or so ago, I maybe would have gotten only about half of the answers. I've learned a great deal about the Catholic Faith lately.

EcceQuamBonum

45/45!  Not bad for an Anglican.  :P
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Eliza

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 08, 2013, 10:27:40 PM

What!? I did not know you were an Anglican. What's the holdup? Come on in, the water is... turbulent.  ;D

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Lyubov on January 09, 2013, 12:10:05 AM

Show-off.

;D

Quote from: Eliza on January 09, 2013, 08:03:00 PM

What!? I did not know you were an Anglican. What's the holdup? Come on in, the water is... turbulent.  ;D

Indeed, I am.

Hahaha.  I know!  That's part of the hold-up.   ;)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Vetus Ordo

42/45.

I couldn't get the stages of perfection right. Tried theosis, deification, mortification, sanctification, etc.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.