The Church Courtyard > General Catholic Discussion

Do all priests have spiritual directors?

(1/2) > >>

CaritasVeritate:
Do all priests have spiritual directors?

MaximGun:
I doubt it, or half of them wouldn't be homosexuals.

Prayerful:

--- Quote from: MaximGun on October 17, 2021, 05:59:49 PM ---I doubt it, or half of them wouldn't be homosexuals.

--- End quote ---

It reminds me of a tactic of McCarrick. If he thought a particular priest was bound to create problems for him, talk too much, McCarrick talked to him, as in made his Confession to that priest, sealing his lips.

Miriam_M:

--- Quote from: Prayerful on October 17, 2021, 07:38:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: MaximGun on October 17, 2021, 05:59:49 PM ---I doubt it, or half of them wouldn't be homosexuals.

--- End quote ---

It reminds me of a tactic of McCarrick. If he thought a particular priest was bound to create problems for him, talk too much, McCarrick talked to him, as in made his Confession to that priest, sealing his lips.

--- End quote ---

It's pretty obvious to me that this was the way the scandals were allowed to continue and the perps go unpunished by the church for so long. I know of a particular apostolate that does not allow anyone who works directly under the rector of that location to choose that superior as his or her confessor, so that if there is any kind of wrongdoing uncovered, the superior will be at liberty to report it. That would include any kind of infraction -- theft, abuse of minors, anything.

LausTibiChriste:

--- Quote from: Prayerful on October 17, 2021, 07:38:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I've heard of this tactic being used by many of the wolves, and it's borderline brilliant if true. Evil. But brilliant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version