Carmilte Monks of Wyoming

Started by Michael Wilson, September 03, 2021, 03:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Obrien

What is the background of these monks? Independent? CMRI? Diocese?

Lynne

Quote from: Obrien on September 03, 2021, 10:49:17 PM
What is the background of these monks? Independent? CMRI? Diocese?

Diocesan, I believe.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

james03

An abbey is run by an abbot, who kind of has the rank of bishop.  They do not answe to the local bishop.

They are under Rome and would answer to whatever dicastery (Consecrated and Apostolic Life?) is in charge of them.  Similar to Clear Creek monks, who have an abbot.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

james03

QuoteNice digs:

Great to see they are getting support.  I didn't know they were that far along.  Great to see.

Clear Creek is pretty far along.  They are starting Phase 3, which is the construction of another dormitory.  100% full.  Many monks live in these sheds (in the video, I believe they are the green roof buildings.  They do have some permanent cells up.  I believe they can choose to live in a dormitory or in a cell.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pygqKO1f_iA[/yt]

Wyoming is beautiful, but nasty winters.  If you like the cold, hiding out there would be good.  I'm moving out to Clear Creek and hiding out there.  It's pretty far from population centers, the closest being Tulsa and access is via dirt roads.  Rolling hills and a growing population of Catholics.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on September 04, 2021, 08:35:02 AM
QuoteNice digs:

Great to see they are getting support.  I didn't know they were that far along.  Great to see.

Clear Creek is pretty far along.  They are starting Phase 3, which is the construction of another dormitory.  100% full.  Many monks live in these sheds (in the video, I believe they are the green roof buildings.  They do have some permanent cells up.  I believe they can choose to live in a dormitory or in a cell.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pygqKO1f_iA[/yt]

Wyoming is beautiful, but nasty winters.  If you like the cold, hiding out there would be good.  I'm moving out to Clear Creek and hiding out there.  It's pretty far from population centers, the closest being Tulsa and access is via dirt roads.  Rolling hills and a growing population of Catholics.

What do you know of NW Arkansas?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

Not much.  I drive through Fort Smith from time to time on 40 and know some people from those parts.  About 100 miles east of me.  The country will be beautiful, as it is a continuation of Eastern Oklahoma (green and rolling hills), but it's really the Ozark mountains over there.  My daughter did a kayak trip on a gin-clear river over there.  I know that some Trads would drive from there to Tulsa for the TLM, so they had problems with the bishop.  It's also Walmart country (Rogers), which means people have jobs and money, whatever you think of the company.  Fayetteville has the University.  Then there is Rogers and Bentonville.  I was looking to move to Mountain Home, which was some sort of retirement village run by Trads, but never moved on it.

Arkansas is a nice State in parts.  Very conservative.  Very little COVID restrictions.  If you can find a Trad place there, it would probably be worth a visit.  Avoid Little Rock.  Southern Arkansas is pine trees and poor.

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on September 05, 2021, 08:09:48 PM
Not much.  I drive through Fort Smith from time to time on 40 and know some people from those parts.  About 100 miles east of me.  The country will be beautiful, as it is a continuation of Eastern Oklahoma (green and rolling hills), but it's really the Ozark mountains over there.  My daughter did a kayak trip on a gin-clear river over there.  I know that some Trads would drive from there to Tulsa for the TLM, so they had problems with the bishop.  It's also Walmart country (Rogers), which means people have jobs and money, whatever you think of the company.  Fayetteville has the University.  Then there is Rogers and Bentonville.  I was looking to move to Mountain Home, which was some sort of retirement village run by Trads, but never moved on it.

Arkansas is a nice State in parts.  Very conservative.  Very little COVID restrictions.  If you can find a Trad place there, it would probably be worth a visit.  Avoid Little Rock.  Southern Arkansas is pine trees and poor.

Thanks. We have floated the idea of investing in property there.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.