The Church Courtyard > General Catholic Discussion

Mystical Theology: Book Recommendations

(1/3) > >>

Insanis:
This thread is for book recommendations about Mystical Theology, and related topics.

I made two threads about mystical experiences, and I didn't get any replies on the first, so I made a poll and didn't expect responses, but at least people could vote, and it got responses. (Go figure...)

I don't think Mystical Theology gets much attention on forums, and I usually never discuss it on forums (now, or in the past when I used forums more).

So, this is the thread for any book recommendations about Mystical Theology.

Bernadette:
The works of St. Teresa and St. John of the Cross.

TheReturnofLive:
Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis

MundaCorMeum:

--- Quote from: Bernadette on June 08, 2021, 07:20:20 PM ---The works of St. Teresa and St. John of the Cross.

--- End quote ---

I keep thinking I need to go back and read St. Teresa's book (I read one early in my marriage that I found at the library, and fell in love with it...can't remember which one now), but I just can't find the time to make it happen  :-\

Bernadette:

--- Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 08, 2021, 08:32:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bernadette on June 08, 2021, 07:20:20 PM ---The works of St. Teresa and St. John of the Cross.

--- End quote ---

I keep thinking I need to go back and read St. Teresa's book (I read one early in my marriage that I found at the library, and fell in love with it...can't remember which one now), but I just can't find the time to make it happen  :-\

--- End quote ---
Librivox.org has them read by the same reader. I found them easier to understand that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version