China Adopts Law on Preventing Food Waste

Started by Vetus Ordo, April 29, 2021, 06:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Interesting measure, I must say.

The West could adopt this idea as well. Food waste is a plague.

China Adopts Law on Preventing Food Waste

In Xinhua.net.

BEIJING, April 29 (Xinhua) -- Chinese lawmakers on Thursday voted to adopt an anti-food-waste law at a session of the National People's Congress (NPC) Standing Committee.

The law will go into effect on the date of promulgation.

According to the law, catering service providers could charge customers who leave excessive amounts of food waste a disposal fee, but rates for the charge must be clearly advertised.

Approximately 18 billion kg of food is wasted every year in China's urban catering industry, according to a report based on nationwide field research carried out by NPC deputies.

The country also sees over 35 billion kg of grain loss at pre-consumption stages including storage, transportation and processing, said the report.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

diaduit

Sounds like one of those fake virtue signalling laws that amounts to nothing in reality when people are eating only twice a day in most of China and your dog is not safe, actually your child is not safe there.

clau clau

I can still remember Philip Dack singing this a school and everybody laughing.

On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed
It rolled off the table, it rolled on the floor
And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door

It rolled in the garden and under a bush
And then my poor meatball was nothing but mush.
The mush was as tasty as tasty could be,
And early next summer it grew to a tree.

The tree was all covered with beautiful moss
It grew great big meatballs and tomato sauce.
So if you eat spaghetti all covered with cheese,
Hold on to your meatball and don't ever sneeze.

-- Tom Glazer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Glazer)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbSjRJ9xz4[/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Prayerful

Quote from: diaduit on April 30, 2021, 01:41:05 AM
Sounds like one of those fake virtue signalling laws that amounts to nothing in reality when people are eating only twice a day in most of China and your dog is not safe, actually your child is not safe there.

PRC does get things done when it wants to. It has built a vast network of high speed rail, something which has defeated the US and UK, and it is not remotely capable of feeding itself. Famines have been an issue throughout Chinese history, although the recent ones were man (or Maoist) made.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Prayerful on May 06, 2021, 06:34:00 PM
Quote from: diaduit on April 30, 2021, 01:41:05 AM

PRC does get things done when it wants to. It has built a vast network of high speed rail, something which has defeated the US and UK, and it is not remotely capable of feeding itself. Famines have been an issue throughout Chinese history, although the recent ones were man (or Maoist) made.

I was going to say the same thing. What the CCP wants to happen, happens. I can't wait to see it their yet-to-be-announced obesity prevention program will be as successful as Mao's successful and short-lived war on drugs.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.