Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

183. Gently

Paul's letter to Timothy is a teaching to revisit. He tells him :
You, man of God, avoid all this. Instead, pursue righteousness, devotion, faith, love, patience, and gentleness.
"Compete well for the faith. Lay hold of eternal life, to which you were called when you made the noble confession in the presence of many witnesses." 1 Timothy, chapter 6, verses 11 to 12

Are we capable of such a beautiful affirmation of faith before many witnesses? It is the foundation of evangelization: to stay in the good, the beautiful, the true, the real, in what is eternal, and to reveal it to our contemporaries. We want to reel in eternal life and stay there.

We're invited to reflect on how we can affirm our faith before many witnesses. What meaning do we want to give to our faith life from day to day? What do we want the world to discover about faith? How are we to reveal the Love of God that swells in our heart?

We see in the world the many persecutions against christians or against other religions and its progressing, in different peoples and nations. People are persecuted and defending their faith without fail and with courage that certainly surpasses us.

We're in an environment where faith in our God seems already acquired, but this false acquisition of faith left behind all sorts of complications and closed the possibilities of growing in God. What could we do while we still live in peace, to transmit, to sow signs of faith? What are the means we use for Jesus to be known to the world?

Faith in us must be in motion if we want to progress and hope for more joy and peace in the world. Let's run away from evil. It's important to be on the move before we fall below the bar of what is unreasonable, and then have to fight to keep our faith in a world that thinks no longer having reasons to believe in God.

Jesus is looking for people to announce the good news, where they are. He wants us to participate. Only if the Good News is announced will we see the gifts of the Holy Spirit at work: joy, peace, love, etc., in the hearts of others.

The good news is that we are Loved by God and are called to live free, responsible and joyful until the resurrection with Jesus.

Book: Up! Let's go!
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

184. Comforting words

The Lord tells us:
"So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it." Isaiah, chapter 55, verse 11

We know that our words are important. When it's said, it can bring sadness or comfort, it can deeply hurt and cause pain or propose love. It's to consider.

What words do we use with others? Are they the same we would use in front of children? Are they more to hurt, to control or to love and set free? Let's have a positive message that will always allow those who listen to take a step in the faith and approach Jesus.

Nothing is trivial when we talk to someone. But we sometimes manage to create pain with slightly less charitable phrases. The pain we cause to others also causes us pain. Lack of sleep can be a factor of importance. The disease can make us more irritable and say phrases we wouldn't want to say.

If it takes more reserve before the words we use and for forgiveness towards ourselves, the person who listens to us must also become aware of our weaknesses and do his utmost to forgive us.

Each person must give chances to the person speaking to him and sometimes go over what seems less charitable. It's an opportunity to pray for the difficulty that we hear in the words, so that the Holy Spirit illuminates it and transforms the words that he uses.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

185. Give with heart

God wants us to live. He wants us to stay in his Love, so that we can feed and guide ourselves continually. Here's another way to share the faith we receive from God:
"If you bestow your bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; Then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become for you like midday." Isaiah, chapter 58, verse 10

If we give above all simply from our presence, heartily, to those who are hungry and thirsty for an encounter with the Lord, we will be happy and we'll see the joyful people around us.

By our presence, if we fill the desires of joy of the unfortunate, we'll see an even greater light and darkness will hurry out of sight. Our light will be like that of noon in a bright summer sun.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

186. Closer to Jesus

We are invited to conversion, to live a meaningful relationship with God and to love the world:
"Let the words of my mouth meet with your favor, keep the thoughts of my heart before you, Lord, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19, verse 15
And give back to my heart its freshness of youth!

Let's convert, that is to say, be closer to Jesus, our shining Sun, and we'll be ourselves in his Spirit and in his Life:
"Whenever a person turns to the Lord the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians, chapter 3, verses 16 to 18

All means of conversion are good, since they unite us more to the Lord and to the neighbor. We will live a progression in faith. Jesus will be happy to tell us: "Follow me".

It's like he's saying, "Learn to let go of what's hurting you and follow me. Give up what is futile by seeking personal glory and follow me. Forget your past revolts and follow me. Share my message with everyone while you follow me. Calm down tensions, play down crisis situations while you follow me. Watch in peace and joy as you follow me."

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

Happy Birthday Jesus !
"This will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger." Lk 2, 12

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

187. A firm decision

Let's take the firm decision to follow Jesus. He never stops our march or our progress. It gives a feathered step and guides through a serene evolution.

We can say once more with the singer of the Psalm:
"All goes well for those gracious in lending, who conduct their affairs with justice. They shall never be shaken; the just shall be remembered forever. They shall not fear an ill report; their hearts are steadfast, trusting the Lord.

Their hearts are tranquil, without fear, till at last they look down on their foes. Lavishly they give to the poor; their prosperity shall endure forever; their horn shall be exalted in honor." Psalm 112, verses 5 to 9

Let's receive everything from God to transmit it around us without constraint, freely. It's very important what is written in this passage. When we share what we receive from God, we never fall! Misfortune doesn't stick to our backs. We have no reason to fear the difficulties that arise during our passage on earth.

With this attitude, we'll grow in faith, we'll rely on the Lord, we'll live the promised inheritance in his justice, his power of Love and we'll be covered with the glory of the Lord, eternally. Several saints, after their death, were discovered with an incorruptible body. God can lead us this far, in his glory, to the glory saints receive.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

188. Going Forward

Paul tells us that:
"Whoever is in Christ is a new creation." 2 Corinthians, chapter 5, verse 17a

This sentence challenges us. From now on, immediately, if we're in Christ, we're a "new creation". Yet we remain ourselves, as we are. But instead of leaning towards evil, we move resolutely toward the good, the beautiful, the true, the real, following the Lord.

It's good to know that our relationship with Jesus, that the efforts to come to Mass and create other spiritual activities make us new people in Christ. That is to say people who let themselves be modeled continuously by him. And if Jesus transforms us, every day we wake up as a new person, a person who lets in the light of God.

Of course, that doesn't prevent the mosquitos from stinging us, or hurting here and there, but Jesus transforms us from the inside. Those who have experienced it can testify about it.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

189. Difficult questions

Faith is at the heart of the human being and it's transmitted where we are.

Our existence on earth passes quickly. We are constantly on the move and often we change places. And the people we meet might be around for a short period of time.

Sometimes we have a tiny opportunity to let faith that dwells in us appear. Hence, it's the importance of finding simple but effective, true and awakening answers.

One of the big challenges is not knowing the others and coming to fear them. We tend to fear what we do not know and distance ourselves from certain people. But their difficult questions help us find answers.

We are asked to go to the lost sheep and offer what God gives us for them. The mission of evangelizing is now.

On every occasion that we are presented with a sheep who seeks alone, a sheep who doesn't know Jesus, a sheep who is thirsty to hear his Word, we are the one sent to them. All sheep, without exception, consciously or not, have the desire to find God. And God places us on their way.

Book : Here, where we are
Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___