Stop Blaming Vatican II- Young Priest knows all and solves all in 8 minutes

Started by Gerard, September 15, 2020, 10:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

I must say I'm impressed that such a young priest could be so "retro" as to try and defend Vatican II by repeating old arguments that were debunked numerous times and ran out of steam at about the same the time JPII did. 

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVFyJGO08dw[/yt]

It's like a greatest hits review of neo-Catholic bromides from the glory days of the excuse makers for the Council. I feel 20 years younger listening to a special made "mix tape" of the Cognitive Dissonance Band.

I just found out that Vatican II was prophetic and beautiful and a blessing on the Church!  Who knew?  Any blame for the decline in the Church is not Vatican II's fault. It was the "times" fault.   To say otherwise is the old "post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy" don't 'cha know? 

I wonder if he ever heard the maxim "As the Church goes, so goes the World." He doesn't really make a case that anyone has used to show the effect on the world that was caused by Vatican II as recounted by the people that were actually there. 

And if you just "read the documents" you can see that they are all beautiful and wonderful despite what the authors of the documents did with them and interpreted them.  Chris Ferrara's "Sacrosanctum Concilium: A Lawyer Examines the Loopholes" is still a worthy read to reveal "the beauty" in the documents.  Liturgical Time Bombs in Vatican II by Michael Davies, and a whole cornucopia of scholarly works of people who read the documents and found them wanting. 

But I do wish he would have pointed out the wisdom and significance in having 6 invocations in the Kyrie  of the Novus Ordo and why it was reduced from the 9 in the TLM. 

He didn't reconcile Pascendi or Mediator Dei with Vatican II I noticed, but I can only guess that they can only be seen in the light of Vatican II now.  Karl Rahner is the filter for the deposit of faith I suppose. 

Enjoy! 

Vincentus Ioannes

"No, of course the iceberg didn't cause the Titanic to sink!  Post hoc ergo propter hoc!"

Miriam_M

Gerard, I could only get through 2:40 of his smarmy presentation.  (Answer, Father, to your rhetorical questions:  Yes.)

This looks like the same guy with a Youtube video on how to do Confession, which I saw recently.  That guy -- also wearing a brown habit -- claims that "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned" is not the opening formula (and I think he said, never has been, which I question).  I could be confused about the identities, but I'm really good with voices, so if I find that video again, I will know if it's this priest.

But I'm glad Gerard posted this, because I've been looking to introduce what I consider really good news.  By the way, notice who's prominently displayed in the right hand corner of the video frame.

Vigano, as well as some others -- probably Fr. Altman -- has the Novus Ordo shaking in their boots.  It's been a while since I've seen the beginnings of a concerted propaganda campaign, so get ready for more, but I think that is ONLY good news for trads.  They are worried about the effect that the traditional movement is beginning to show both in the laity and in the clergy.

Examples (remember that propaganda is all about timing):

1.Hit podcast piece by heterodox America Magazine, oddly/randomly timed, interviewing yet another lay blogger -- this one full of pope-worship/ultramontanism.  Who, again, is pictured on the podcast?  Vigano, next to Francis.  Said lay blogger registers concern and alarm that 60-70% of candidates in certain N.O. seminaries are highly critical of Francis.

Time to celebrate!  Just a few years ago, a seminarian would be silenced and isolated for criticizing Francis.

2.  Fr. Michael Gaitley, someone who in the past I have respected for his Divine Mercy mission, recently came out with an entire youtube video which he said was explicitly an effort to counteract all of the recent publicity against V2.

3. Additional random videos are also popping up here and there, with similar themes and by various priests.  Six months ago those were a rarity, at least in my perusals, which are often.

Croix de Fer

Vatican II violates the 1st Commandment by teaching religious liberty, salvation in false religions, and approbation of other "gods". That alone proves the Council is not inspired by the Holy Ghost, rather it's of the diabolical.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

Gerard

This young fella is on a roll! I hope he doesn't have a lit church candle near any of those straw man arguments he's making.  I think he's safe though since most N.O. churches don't use real candles with real flames anymore. 

I'm guessing this is part of a larger campaign instigated by some members of the hierarchy and their friends to undermine traditional Catholicism.  There have simply been too many of these pseudo-conservative religious commentators coming out of the woodwork taking jabs at devout, orthodox Catholic practice. 

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXG__40rcHg[/yt]

I've been reading some of the comments and some of his comments in particular and I lament the lack of knowledge that people regularly demonstrate.  We have soo much information available to us nowadays and people are soooooo lazy, not only do they not verify the nonsense they write, they don't even make sure their grammar and spelling are at least passable as informal writing. 

Miriam_M

...But, it was not until Vigano's public statements that New Church has melted down about it.  Previously, it was "only" priests and laypeople who objected to V2 in significant numbers and/or publicly.  The hierarchy did not speak out in clear terms about it; mostly (like Benedict) they would try to square circles (rationalize it and pretend to integrate it with Tradition), which has never worked.  It's always been a hermeneutic of discontinuity but not publicly, within the hierarchy.

That's why I say this is very good news to me.  Smart priests should take apart his videos the way Fr. Altman fearlessly takes apart Archbishop Gregory, the other cowardly bishops who cave in to the Left, and Covid.  Fr. James Altman is a great role model for other priests.

Gerard

Here we go. This explains a lot.  Goofy Mass, excited to meet Fr. James Martin, Bishop Barron and a whole host of modernist, heretical luminaries.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmoufVBYMy8[/yt]

Has Church Militant / Voris/ Niles been on this case?  We know they've been all over the SSPX for "some reason."  If not, I would suspect that they are on the same team.

Vincentus Ioannes

"Goofy" is an understatement.

The clip of the Novus Ordo there reminded of one of those silly public broadcasting documentaries on African tribesmen.

Greg

Bats for the other side.  Fr. James Martin immediately went in for a grope.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

I cannot in any way shape or form view this as remotely the same religion.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

mikemac

See at 8:40 minutes it has the pachamama dancers.  Just after James the heretic Martin.  And just before some other Jesuits.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Greg

Quote from: mikemac on September 17, 2020, 04:04:59 PM
See at 8:40 minutes it has the pachamama dancers.  Just after James the heretic Martin.  And just before some other Jesuits.

Looks like The Lion King.

dellery

He makes a valid point in that Vatican II is not the sole cause for the Church's decline, and almost appears to be hinting at the Revolutionary forces conspiring against the Church, however, he alludes to this idea that the Church needs to modernize in order to stay relevant which was the same thinking that produced Vatican II. The idea that the masses are Leftist and the Church needs to swing Left in order to gather them up is flawed. People on the Left tend toward deviancy and corruption so trying to "seduce" them away from deviancy and corruption with a false-morality that turns a blind eye to deviancy and corruption seems to be self-negating. It's funny watching this priest flirt with the idea that much of the problem with the Church nowadays is a lack of authenticity, but then he fails to make the connection between the inauthenticity of Leftist "Catholicism" and the Church's decline. Apparently the only inauthentic Catholics are the rigid ones, and the morally loose and permissive Catholics, while flawed, display an authentic Christ-like charity that will win converts. All the while the people the Church deemed necessary to change for, the one's whose actions we will, "out of charity", never judge are attacking our chapels, icons, and statues. A shepherd neglecting his faithful flock in order to appease wolves that will never love him is not a good one.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

paul14