Author Topic: This Forum's Purpose?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: This Forum's Purpose?
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2021, 07:35:59 PM »

I apologize for not understanding that you meant anything but goodwill in your reply #60 ...

Thanks.  ^ That would have been sufficient for part.  You didn't need to write the rest.  Although no apology for your accusations in reply #57?  Never mind, I said I'd let it slide.

Again, I do not care that what you yourself consider "sufficient."  Much of the rest of the forum, along with me, has repeatedly been unjustly accused of being essentially lukewarm or equivocal in the faith, merely because many opposed particular posts of one person who uniquely assigned to himself a position of Catholic orthodoxy on this forum.  Those posters deserve a defense.

It's not up to you or to others to silence dissent and to take objection with anyone's agenda to attack others personally.  I did not attack you and still have not. 

Obviously you have not let anything "slide."  I suggest that those who wish to turn SD into a forum for personal attack construct their own forum consisting of holding grudges and refusing extensions of goodwill to others.

If you don't think that I have let anything slide then you may want to compare your reply #57 in this thread to my reply #60.  Yeah I'll let it slide.

And Miriam when you start an apology with a "Sigh" and then roll into your crymea river your apology looks rather phony to say the least.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Jayne

Offline Insanis

• As Jesum Per Mariam
  • Feldwebel
  • God Alone
    • NonPeccabis
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2021, 07:43:01 PM »
Again, I do not care that what you yourself consider "sufficient."  Much of the rest of the forum, along with me, has repeatedly been unjustly accused of being essentially lukewarm or equivocal in the faith, merely because many opposed particular posts of one person who uniquely assigned to himself a position of Catholic orthodoxy on this forum.  Those posters deserve a defense.

So, who is it that privately accuses individuals on this forum of holding incorrect views due to poor catechesis or because they were converts? Who accuses individuals on this forum of being secretly influenced by Modernism?

Who wanted to setup a forum where such people would be warned publicly and then instructed by you personally privately?

How dare you suggest that I think that of myself as in a unique position. I only defend basic doctrine and theology. I am not looking past that.  You are the one looking past what people actually post and finding latent errors that they themselves don't know about. You are the one who thinks she is in a position to personally instruct those people on what is true.

And you write these things "privately", yet you make these kinds of statements publicly.

I'm the same public or private.

Stop accusing me of things and stop misrepresenting me and stop pretending to know my internal mental states. You don't know. You shouldn't even address it. Focus on what is public and clear and forget feelings.

You have very strong accusations of individuals privately which you share spontaneously, yet, you make these posts publicly. Are you a coward? Say what you mean to the people who want to say them to. Don't try to recruit allies privately.

It isn't personal. Our personal considerations shouldn't matter. It is about truth and virtue, not petty social allies and rivals.
For rosary inquiries and other correspondence, please use my website for contact. It will be kept up to date with the best way to contact me.

In omnibus operibus tuis memorare novissima tua, et in aeternum non peccabis. Ecclesiasticus 7:40

Offline Insanis

• As Jesum Per Mariam
  • Feldwebel
  • God Alone
    • NonPeccabis
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2021, 07:48:11 PM »
Do you not see what you are doing? You are attacking me while talking to others. You do this quite a bit, publicly it seems too. Do you not think this is...strange? As for accusations, do you not see what accusations I face, and which you sometimes Thank?

Are you not self-aware at all?

Quoted in full:

I apologize for not understanding that you meant anything but goodwill in your reply #60 ...

Thanks.  ^ That would have been sufficient for part.  You didn't need to write the rest.  Although no apology for your accusations in reply #57?  Never mind, I said I'd let it slide.

It's not up to you or to others to silence dissent and to take objection with anyone's agenda to attack others personally.  I did not attack you and still have not. 

Obviously you have not let anything "slide."  I suggest that those who wish to turn SD into a forum for personal attack construct their own forum consisting of holding grudges and refusing extensions of goodwill to others.

For rosary inquiries and other correspondence, please use my website for contact. It will be kept up to date with the best way to contact me.

In omnibus operibus tuis memorare novissima tua, et in aeternum non peccabis. Ecclesiasticus 7:40

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2021, 05:28:53 AM »

Knock it off Mike.

You accused me of something and I didn't clutch my pearls or need the salts, I simply made my defence which you acknowledged and apologised and I simply accepted.   

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25731.msg537254#msg537254

But no then you had to snipe at my acceptance because I used the word apologies instead of apology + btw apologies is used as a singular in my vernacular and was not meant as me saying you were making multiple apologies.  So even with your snarkiness at my acceptance, I let it 'slide' as you like to say but reading your endless sniping at Miriam being so hypocritical considering your previous posts on me, I just had to nip in and say - look in the mirror.  I'm not responding to you anymore and I'm not engaging with you...of all the tag team effort here, you are the biggest shock and biggest disappointment.

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2021, 06:10:35 AM »
Mikemac has been far more gracious than Miriam deserves.  Whether one says "apology" or "apologies," Miriam did not give a real one when she wrote:

"I apologize for not understanding that you meant anything but goodwill in your reply #60." 

One takes off the "I apologize for not understanding" bit to see what the sentence really means.  For example, if someone says to you, "I apologize for not understanding how stupid you are," this person just insulted you.  He told you you were stupid. 

Similarly, "I apologize for not understanding that you meant anything but goodwill in your reply #60, " is actually an accusation that Mike did not write reply #60 with goodwill.

Nobody is obliged to accept a phoney apology like this.  In this case, Miriam owed Mike a genuine apology and she substituted this passive-aggressive nonsense.  His response was remarkably restrained under the circumstances.

(If anyone would like to see a sincere apology for contrast, mikemac's apology to diaduit that she linked to is a good example.)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »
Nobody should ever PM you.  Anyone communicating with you needs a public record of what was said.

Miriam_M, check your PMs.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Miriam_M

Offline Acolyte

• Wachtmeister
  • Soli Deo gloria
  • Religion: RC
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2021, 10:36:48 AM »
This thread needs....