I did it! Forum Upgraded!

Started by Kaesekopf, December 31, 2022, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Can someone be specific on where exactly the like button is and what I should see...I still can't find it....e :madsmiley:

Lynne

I've attached a screen print of your post (as it looks to others). If I wanted to like it I'd click on the word Like in the red circle (which I added via a paint program).
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne

And I do not see a clickable Like on my post because I cannot like my own posts.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Baylee

Quote from: awkward customer on January 02, 2023, 06:02:03 AMI like the new look.  It inspired me to get an avatar.

Change is always a challenge.

Heh, I got one too.  Not crazy about the choices, but I do love me some chocolate chip cookies.

diaduit

Quote from: diaduit on January 02, 2023, 04:53:32 PMCan someone be specific on where exactly the like button is and what I should see...I still can't find it....e :madsmiley:

reposting that to show the like is not showing up for me.  I cannot see where you liked my post from my screen and I cannot see where I can give a like either.

Screen shot did not repost.
I cannot see your like on my post that you did like and I cannot see at all where the icon for like is on any post - only when others have liked first.

I modified this already and it didn't modify, this is my second go.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: diaduit on January 02, 2023, 05:29:17 PM
Quote from: diaduit on January 02, 2023, 04:53:32 PMCan someone be specific on where exactly the like button is and what I should see...I still can't find it....e :madsmiley:

reposting that to show the like is not showing up for me.  I cannot see where you liked my post from my screen and I cannot see where I can give a like either.

Screen shot did not repost.
I cannot see your like on my post that you did like and I cannot see at all where the icon for like is on any post - only when others have liked first.

I modified this already and it didn't modify, this is my second go.

Can you email me the screenshot?  Also, let me know what operating system (windows, apple) you're using, and what browser you're accessing SD with?

email:  suscipe[dot]domine[dot]forum[at]gmail[dot]com
(replace the [dot] with periods)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 01, 2023, 10:12:29 PMSo, the problem with our old forum theme is that it was written by a handicap guy who died I think back in 2014.  (RIP "Crip")  I agree it was sleek, but it was un-maintained, so it was eventually going to have to go away.

All good things must come to an end.  And indeed: R.I.P. "Crip."  He sure designed a nice forum template.

Melkor

Thanks for all the work on the forum, KK. The new interface will take a while to get used to but it's so much better on mobile. Also, does anyone else not see user avatars on mobile or is it just me?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Mono no aware

Quote from: Melkor on January 03, 2023, 02:49:12 PMAlso, does anyone else not see user avatars on mobile or is it just me?

It's not just you.  I didn't see them either (6th generation iPod touch).

Lynne

Quote from: Pon de Replay on January 03, 2023, 03:00:54 PM
Quote from: Melkor on January 03, 2023, 02:49:12 PMAlso, does anyone else not see user avatars on mobile or is it just me?

It's not just you.  I didn't see them either (6th generation iPod touch).

I see avatars on my ipad but that's a bigger screen than my cell phone.

Kaesekopf

I think if the software detects a mobile device, then it doesn't show the avatar. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

clau clau

Quote from: Frank on January 01, 2023, 03:33:22 PMYou Tube videos don't appear as images but merely as links. Pity.

@Frank, Did you put the video URL between the [yt]  [/yt] tags? I think this was unnecessary on the old software but may be required now.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Mazzuchelli

It looks great on both my computer and phone, thank you for your hard work!
Let us wake up then, open our eyes in apostolic charity, and if we are called, set out for any place where the work is great and difficult."

Venerable Fr Samuel Mazzuchelli

diaduit

I got sorted....thanks to DI formerly known as ...... ;D