The Splinters of Trad Groups Thread

Started by RedCaves, January 14, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophia3

Oh, I see, because google doesn't tell you, that is the only way to find things out—

Let's see, you could contact Rome, you could respectfully ask these priests, or you can ask the local bishop (who clearly recognizes them as priests because he has given them faculties before and even refers to them as priests).

St.Justin

Quote from: Sophia3 on December 17, 2017, 09:30:05 PM
I can't find it so why don't you just post it or give me the link and that will settle my point?????

Otherwise I have to assume that you don't know

Oh, I see, because google doesn't tell you, that is the only way to find things out—

Let's see, you could contact Rome, you could respectfully ask these priests, or you can ask the local bishop (who clearly recognizes them as priests because he has given them faculties before and even refers to them as priests).
[/quote]

So you don't know. You are assuming a lot.

Sophia3

Quote from: St.Justin on December 17, 2017, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: Sophia3 on December 17, 2017, 09:30:05 PM
I can't find it so why don't you just post it or give me the link and that will settle my point?????

Otherwise I have to assume that you don't know

So you don't know. You are assuming a lot.
[/quote]

No, I do know. I was given the name of the bishop some time ago, and I don't remember his name now, like I said in an earlier post.

Heinrich

You should have written "as" instead of "like." But I digress.

I just mapped Fr. Ward's location from my house: an eight minute drive. Should I go there and ask?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Sophia3

Quote from: Heinrich on December 18, 2017, 09:38:49 AM

I just mapped Fr. Ward's location from my house: an eight minute drive. Should I go there and ask?

No, you should probably call. For you I would note the part where it say "respectfully" or you shouldn't even bother. It all depends on if you are able to pull off the respectful part.

You would, from what I could tell from this forum, have better luck with the bishop.

Heinrich

Quote from: Sophia3 on December 18, 2017, 09:50:51 AM

No, you should probably call. For you I would note the part where it say "respectfully" or you shouldn't even bother. It all depends on if you are able to pull off the respectful part.

You would, from what I could tell from this forum, have better luck with the bishop.

Now that is just downright insulting, you cantankerous rattlesnake.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Heinrich

Sophia3

Quote from: Heinrich on December 18, 2017, 11:04:04 AM

I was just trying to help you get the information you needed, if in fact you really needed it. It looks like you gave up on that and went back to spreading gossip about good priests.

It's one thing to do that about a regular person, but to do that about good priests—bad idea. Good luck with that.

Heinrich

Quote from: Sophia3 on December 18, 2017, 01:03:54 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on December 18, 2017, 11:04:04 AM

I was just trying to help you get the information you needed, if in fact you really needed it. It looks like you gave up on that and went back to spreading gossip about good priests.

It's one thing to do that about a regular person, but to do that about good priests—bad idea. Good luck with that.

It is you who is spreading calumny.

Sophia3

Quote from: Heinrich on December 18, 2017, 12:34:01 PM
Take it for what it's worth: http://www.religionnewsblog.com/9382/rogue-parish-not-roman-catholic

A great response to this article of false information about good priests was recently brought to my attention. I knew you would want to know the truth:

Sophia3

Quote from: Gardener on December 10, 2017, 07:40:05 PM
Quote from: St.Justin on December 10, 2017, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: Sophia3 on December 09, 2017, 11:45:20 PM
St.Justin I am aware of that "document". Are you aware of many of the untrue/worthless parts of it?

No,,, Could you point out a few? Seem to me the Bishop was pretty straight forward. He even gave them Faculties to hear Confessions.

As far as things go, Bishop Sheridan is a good Bishop. He has been very supportive of the FSSP in Colorado Springs, and his weekly columns are generally catechetical in nature.

Here's an example where he lays it out regarding marriage, civil divorce, "remarriage" and Holy Communion:

http://www.diocs.org/CCHerald/Article/ArticleID/141/THE-BISHOPS-VOICE-Clarifying-Church-teaching-on-divorce-and-remarriage

When I read that article I personally wrote him and thanked him for his frank clarity amidst often confusing and ambiguous speech from the rest of the hierarchy. He wrote back and thanked me, asking me to pray for him to remain strong in his position.

ETA: here's a whole list of his articles. These also appear in the weekly Diocesan newspaper in both English and Spanish.

This recent video review is a great response to these statements if you are open to hearing it

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Sophia3

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 12, 2018, 11:46:36 AM
Nine months old....  sigh...
The review just came out and as you know this topic is still relevant since two members of this forum have continued to badmouth these priests. I don't understand how that is okay? Did you watch this video?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Sophia3 on September 12, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
The review just came out and as you know this topic is still relevant since two members of this forum have continued to badmouth these priests. I don't understand how that is okay? Did you watch this video?

Well, there are some posters I trust when it comes to Catholic things, or at least being somewhat knowledgeable about stuff.

And, I rarely watch most videos posted here. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Sophia3

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 12, 2018, 03:14:43 PM
Quote from: Sophia3 on September 12, 2018, 01:42:10 PM

Well, there are some posters I trust when it comes to Catholic things, or at least being somewhat knowledgeable about stuff.

And, I rarely watch most videos posted here.
Your trust may be misplaced.