Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christina_S

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 16, 2015, 09:19:06 PM
Been watching this gif on repeat.

Lose it every time.

https://i.imgur.com/kYAo7pG.gifv
:rofl:
I've got a football-playing brother and I could see him doing something like that.

Back to studying psychology and B.F. Skinner, who believed free will was an illusion. . .  :eek: :crazy2:
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

MilesChristi

Well...my mathematician friend who basically became a Catholic intellectually (as in he found it was the most reasonable position to take)...said that you really cannot prove free will. It is a strange philosophical proble.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Chestertonian

actually went to mass with my family

then the park
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bonaventure

It was pretty good. Had bone marrow and blood sausage for the first time.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Chestertonian

playing Wii skee ball with my son
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

Got a combat pistol lesson/refresher from my Marine friend at a secluded mountain range.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

going to try to see Santa romoorrow oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

am way too excited about this

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 05, 2015, 10:17:15 PM

Are you going to sit on his lap and smile for the picture?  Maybe get one of the whole family up there?   :P 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 06, 2015, 12:09:44 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on December 05, 2015, 10:17:15 PM

Are you going to sit on his lap and smile for the picture?  Maybe get one of the whole family up there?   :P 8)
haha just my soni am just taking him and living vicariously

i have never gone to see Santa it's cheesy but we couldn't when I was a kid

Chestertonian

saw sinterklaas ride through flatbush on his white horse... Never seen this before

then each child got to sit on his lap st an old historical house it was so cold we had to leave early but was nwoeth it

Chestertonian

saturday was my birthday we went to perpetual adoration chapel.. First time I had gone to an adoration chapel in at least 2 years

my son was quiet for the whole hour and I was able to make it that long

then went to mass yofau

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 13, 2015, 11:59:56 PM
saturday was my birthday we went to perpetual adoration chapel.. First time I had gone to an adoration chapel in at least 2 years

my son was quiet for the whole hour and I was able to make it that long

then went to mass yofau

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday.  Happy belated birthday!

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee