Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 08, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 08, 2015, 01:08:06 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 08, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 07, 2015, 05:18:27 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2015, 02:15:33 PM
Thurs flew into London..spent the weekend at Quarr abbey. Was in London today and heading to France tonight. Next stop: Lisieux.

Das ist muy bien. The Little Flower is a favored Saint in the Heinrich household(my wife's patron and the namesake of my k - 8 school). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers whilst there.

Done and done, as well as for everyone here

Thank you so much!  Dear St Therese is my particular patron and has been nothing other than good to me.  Maybe post some pictures?

He sent me one.  If he gives the go-ahead, I'll post it for him.

Please do bro.

Today Im going to Rue du Bac, St Vincent de Paul, and St Nicholas Chardonnet whaddup
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Christina_S

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 07, 2015, 07:48:34 AM
Quote from: Christina_S on September 07, 2015, 07:36:04 AM
On Tuesday, I started organising homeschool curriculum for the year.
On Wednesday, I tidied up the homeschool room and the living room.
On Thursday, we took a family road trip to a corn maze (3 hrs away). Then we ate lunch out, did some shopping, and came home.
On Friday, the kids repainted their schoolbook drawers and tie dyed shirts (since its the last year that all of us kids will be living home, I figured we should do something fun).
On Saturday, I played at an anniversary Mass (NO). I was only asked to play the Mass responses, but since the other guy didn't show up...  ::)
On Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning and following that we went to my grandparents place for brunch. In the evening, while the rest of my family was visiting at my aunt's, I finished organising the kids' curriculum, worked more on our homeschool schedule, unloaded the dishwasher, and prayed 5 decades of the Rosary while folding 4 baskets of laundry.  ;D

I think I can safely say this for all the other Mothers on this forum, who are raising families and will have teens in the not too distant future.....what did your parents do that (seemingly, based on this post) formed you so well?
More like what they didn't do.  ::)

In spring of 2012, my dad started constructing a solar energy-powered bed and breakfast as an expansion of our farm business. With Dad being out of the house most of the day (almost everyday) and Mom working pt as a nurse, I was at home with the kids a lot of the time (I was 14, they were 12, 10, 8, 5, and 2). That school year, we didn't do much homeschooling, the house was a mess, there was next to no discipline instilled in the youngest kids, and I was fed up with it all. I've got a bit of a type A personality, and I need structure in order to function my best and serve those around me. So I did some reading, talked to the kids, made a plan, and got busy.  The 2013-14 school year was when us kids first got into a routine (we left the parents out of the equation). It worked! The kids were learning, the house was cleaner, and meals were served on time.  Yes, there were problems with discipline early on, since I was the one teaching the kids, but we got it worked out.

This entire experience taught me a lot about self-discipline too. I need to stick with the schedule, even if I don't feel like it. I've gained a lot more self-mastery (Deo gratias) in the past few years, which will help me as I get into university life next fall.  :)
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MilesChristi

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 09, 2015, 03:15:55 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 08, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 08, 2015, 01:08:06 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 08, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 07, 2015, 05:18:27 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2015, 02:15:33 PM
Thurs flew into London..spent the weekend at Quarr abbey. Was in London today and heading to France tonight. Next stop: Lisieux.

Das ist muy bien. The Little Flower is a favored Saint in the Heinrich household(my wife's patron and the namesake of my k - 8 school). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers whilst there.

Done and done, as well as for everyone here

Thank you so much!  Dear St Therese is my particular patron and has been nothing other than good to me.  Maybe post some pictures?

He sent me one.  If he gives the go-ahead, I'll post it for him.

Please do bro.

Today Im going to Rue du Bac, St Vincent de Paul, and St Nicholas Chardonnet whaddup
Why am I back in the states?
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

MilesChristi

Quote from: Christina_S on September 09, 2015, 11:31:49 AM
On Thursday, we took a family road trip to a corn maze (3 hrs away). Then we ate lunch out, did some shopping, and came home.
On Friday, the kids repainted their schoolbook drawers and tie dyed shirts (since its the last year that all of us kids will be living home, I figured we should do something fun).
On Saturday, I played at an anniversary Mass (NO). I was only asked to play the Mass responses, but since the other guy didn't show up...  ::)
On Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning and following that we went to my grandparents place for brunch. In the evening, while the rest of my family was visiting at my aunt's, I finished organising the kids' curriculum, worked more on our homeschool schedule, unloaded the dishwasher, and prayed 5 decades of the Rosary while folding 4 baskets of laundry.  ;D

I think I can safely say this for all the other Mothers on this forum, who are raising families and will have teens in the not too distant future.....what did your parents do that (seemingly, based on this post) formed you so well?

In spring of 2012, my dad started constructing a solar energy-powered bed and breakfast as an expansion of our farm business. With Dad being out of the house most of the day (almost everyday) and Mom working pt as a nurse, I was at home with the kids a lot of the time (I was 14, they were 12, 10, 8, 5, and 2). That school year, we didn't do much homeschooling, the house was a mess, there was next to no discipline instilled in the youngest kids, and I was fed up with it all. I've got a bit of a type A personality, and I need structure in order to function my best and serve those around me. So I did some reading, talked to the kids, made a plan, and got busy.  The 2013-14 school year was when us kids first got into a routine (we left the parents out of the equation). It worked! The kids were learning, the house was cleaner, and meals were served on time.  Yes, there were problems with discipline early on, since I was the one teaching the kids, but we got it worked out.

This entire experience taught me a lot about self-discipline too. I need to stick with the schedule, even if I don't feel like it. I've gained a lot more self-mastery (Deo gratias) in the past few years, which will help me as I get into university life next fall.  :)
Please use your dictator powers for good
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Christina_S

"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Fascination with Novelty

Christina_S

Quote from: MilesChristi on September 09, 2015, 11:48:38 AM
Quote from: Christina_S on September 09, 2015, 11:31:49 AM

Please use your dictator powers for good
I do, and I will. Its learning to balance mercy and justice in family life that can be tricky. But this part of life is a learning experience for all of us in some way or another.  :)

Fascination with Novelty

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Kaesekopf

Toured a (NO) Carmelite Monastery in town because they had an open house due to the Year of Consecrated Life!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

the other night i attended the local Catholic Schools Speech Competition 2015, as my daughter was repping her school. some good speeches, but something else i thought was cool was that the local SSPX school was invited to participate and included and despite it being a NOtard event they opened with a prayer, and said the Our Father - properly. when i was going to the NOtard eleven years or so ago you'd never, ever have seen that. so it was encouraging; there may still be some Catholics in the NOtard religion yet...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Christina_S

Fascination with Novelty

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

verenaerin

Mr T and the kids are watching Transformers the movie. The cartoon version from the 80s, not the recent ones. That is fun for them. Personally, I can't stand the gravelly voices- ugh. So I am going to take a nap. It doesn't get much more fun then that around here.

Chestertonian

Quote from: verenaerin on September 13, 2015, 10:55:37 AM
Mr T and the kids are watching Transformers the movie. The cartoon version from the 80s, not the recent ones. That is fun for them. Personally, I can't stand the gravelly voices- ugh. So I am going to take a nap. It doesn't get much more fun then that around here.
[/quot

That's a fine work of cinema there

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Christina_S

Fascination with Novelty