Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on August 01, 2015, 11:48:13 PM
Protested a gay pride event. :P

Did you dress up as an Orthodox Jew and protest with a knife?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 01, 2015, 11:43:57 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on August 01, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
put on real shoes (not evensocks and Tevas) and real clothes and went to some fancy rooftop party with my wife and her coworkers at some expensive  bar.  seemed to make my wife happy that i went out although apparently work outings do not count as "date night" because there are coworkers there, and apparently that is not a date.  even though i was her date.

we had a wonderful view of the sky, and the full moon, and the skyline.... the social interaction piece was difficult, i have forgotten how to have conversations with "normal people"   hard time remembering that at one point i was "the social one" and my wife hated these types of things.

we had to leave early but t was good to get out

That's awesome!  I'll bet you looked spiffy at a rooftop party.  Being social takes practice.  I hate it.  I'd rather be around babies and pets.  I'm so glad you were able to get out.  Your wife must have been on cloud nine.   :)
yeah i have an easier time talking to my son too
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 02, 2015, 05:20:00 AM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on August 01, 2015, 11:48:13 PM
Protested a gay pride event. :P

Did you dress up as an Orthodox Jew and protest with a knife?

HA!  We should totally invite them to join us next year. :P

piabee

Had a fantastic time at the A's game on Friday even though we lost. And then we watched 90s fireworks from the field.

Drove to LA by myself for the first time.

THREE DAYS PAID VACATION. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

dymphna17

Quote from: piabee on August 03, 2015, 12:41:05 PM
Had a fantastic time at the A's game on Friday even though we lost. And then we watched 90s fireworks from the field.

THREE DAYS PAID VACATION. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sounds like a fun weekend!  Were your hands sore from gripping the steering wheel driving to LA?  I remember needing to take an aspirin and a really hot bath the first time I drove there.  Are your 3 vacation days up now or are they just beginning?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

Think I rocked my final, did laundry (finally), shaved (! finally!), now opening a Wisconsin beer and doing the rest of my to-do list!.... 

:cheeseheadbeer:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 03, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
Think I rocked my final, did laundry (finally), shaved (! finally!), now opening a Wisconsin beer and doing the rest of my to-do list!.... 

There should never be anything to do after crackin' a beer

'Tis why I never get anything done
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Arun

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 03, 2015, 04:40:32 PM

yeah it's like saying you'll just  have one eh lmfao... never happens.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Arun on August 03, 2015, 04:49:23 PM

yeah it's like saying you'll just  have one eh lmfao... never happens.

I've got at least one more beer to go...  and maybe a bourbon later tonight...  :D
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

MilesChristi

It's like when I'm doing hw, and then I break for a beer...
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: piabee on August 03, 2015, 12:41:05 PM

I would be eaten alive if I tried to drive in LA.  Not every going to happen in my world.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

piabee

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on August 05, 2015, 03:36:22 PM
I would be eaten alive if I tried to drive in LA.  Not every going to happen in my world.

Driving in LA was the best. As if I needed further proof that Nay Area drivers are the worst in the world.

MundaCorMeum

My in-laws surprised us with an early anniversary gift last night - babysitting, so my husband and I could go out to dinner.  It was such a nice treat.  There's something about a meal that I don't have to cook or clean up after that just tastes so much better.  12 years next Sunday!!   :D

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 09, 2015, 04:09:24 PM
My in-laws surprised us with an early anniversary gift last night - babysitting, so my husband and I could go out to dinner.  It was such a nice treat.  There's something about a meal that I don't have to cook or clean up after that just tastes so much better.  12 years next Sunday!!   :D
congratulations....  i know our 11 year anniversary is this month.... the exact date is escaping me
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"