Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose

I'm preparing a family party for my parents- its their Ruby Wedding anniversary this weekend. I don't think they put as much work into the original reception!
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Lynne

Quote from: Rose on August 26, 2014, 12:30:02 PM
I'm preparing a family party for my parents- its their Ruby Wedding anniversary this weekend. I don't think they put as much work into the original reception!

What a nice daughter. Congratulations to your mom and dad.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

piabee

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Archer

Had dinner/drinks with Kaese and his lady friend.  Good times.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Archer on August 27, 2014, 08:03:45 AM
Had dinner/drinks with Kaese and his lady friend.  Good times.
Very good times.  Your kids are adorable. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

orate

This Sunday is my Ruby Anniversary as well.  On what day were they actually married.

We are keeping it simple--a renewal of our vows after Mass and home to have a quiet Sunday afternoon.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Chestertonian

Quote from: orate on August 27, 2014, 12:08:04 PM

This Sunday is my Ruby Anniversary as well.  On what day were they actually married.

We are keeping it simple--a renewal of our vows after Mass and home to have a quiet Sunday afternoon.
id that allowed

my wife really wanted us to renew our vows(our anniversary was 2wks ago and the priest said only if it is a silver or golden jubilee we were celebrating our 10th...
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

orate

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 27, 2014, 03:45:58 PM

id that allowed

my wife really wanted us to renew our vows(our anniversary was 2wks ago and the priest said only if it is a silver or golden jubilee we were celebrating our 10th...

I would think it's like renewing your baptismal vows and would be allowed on any anniversary.  We renewed ours at 25, 30 and now 40 years.  All of these were just done quietly after Mass.  I've never had a priest refuse to have us renew our marriage vows and this is the third priest to allow us to do so.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

i finally was able to go to sunday mass at a real church with my family.  I lasted through a good bit of it.  It's been I think 8 months since I've gone to mass... my son behaved better than I did

my wife packed sandwiches and they ate in the park and my son played on the play ground
..it was extremely hot but I had my coolin g vest which is awesome

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 01, 2014, 01:12:55 AM
i finally was able to go to sunday mass at a real church with my family.  I lasted through a good bit of it.  It's been I think 8 months since I've gone to mass... my son behaved better than I did

my wife packed sandwiches and they ate in the park and my son played on the play ground
..it was extremely hot but I had my coolin g vest which is awesome

That's wonderful!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Rose

Happy belated anniversary :)

They were married on a Saturday. We had a fairly quiet Sunday with a blessing too.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

piabee

Leaving work early to go back to bed. YES

Pheo

More kayaking.  So much kayaking.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.