Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

zork

The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Carleendiane

The Endurance...a documentary about a disastrous trip to Antartica in 1914. This expedition was headed by Sir Ernest Shackelton. Was one of the best survival documentaries I have ever seen. Has footage and photography done during the expedition. Very well done and quite moving.  Certainly a great example of man's will to survive. The Endurance...I recommend it. You will find it on youtube.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

zork

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Ong Bak. Some incredible athleticism and acrobatics in the choreography for this film.

alicewyf

Meet the Patels. It was "meh". I felt really bad for the mom.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

The Fear of 13. It was actually very good, the man in it is an excellent storyteller.

Kaesekopf

"Hello, My Name is Doris". 

Terrible, terrible, terrible movie.

Now im rewatching From the Earth to the moon".  Great docudrama.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jacob

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 20, 2016, 05:08:46 PM
Now im rewatching From the Earth to the moon".  Great docudrama.

Have you seen the documentary For All Mankind?

I watched Brooklyn on Sunday.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

No, whats it about?

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

piabee

John Wick

Quote from: Mac_Benny on June 07, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
Quote from: piabee on May 29, 2016, 12:00:05 AM
Love & Friendship

Was it good? I'm a fan of Whit's work, but he just doesn't have the editing polish to make commercially successful movies.

Yes, his style worked for Jane Austen. The book (Lady Susan) is made up of letters, and the movie loosely follows that format. The scenes almost feel like a series of vignettes.

Quote from: Jacob on June 20, 2016, 08:03:08 PM

Was not a fan.

Jacob

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 20, 2016, 09:16:40 PM
No, whats it about?

Quote from: WikipediaThe film provides 80 minutes of real NASA footage, mostly taken on the Apollo missions of the 1960s and 1970s. The focus of the documentary is on the human views of the space flights, and the original mission footage is provided along with the voices of the astronauts, from interviews and from the actual mission recordings.

Quote from: piabee on June 20, 2016, 11:41:35 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 20, 2016, 08:03:08 PM

Was not a fan.

It definitely had issues.  Eilis' choice was an artificial choice.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

Awesome. I'll give it a look.

zork

BMX Bandits (1983)

Notable for being Nicole Kidman's first film, but nothing else.

CMTV

Sei nicht wie ein Strauß.
Whoever says Pope St. John Paul II was not a Pope, does not have a heart.
Whoever says Francis is the Pope, does not have a brain.
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
For no true Pope should be doctrinally resisted, but obeyed.
www.francisquotes.com