Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

The Water Diviner with Russell Crowe. Very watchable though it's sympathy for the Turks might put some people off.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Spade

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

It was pretty good! I saw a lot of complaints that it was too much like Episode IV, but I think that may have been kind of the point? Anyway, I'm glad Abrams didn't go all Jar-Jar Binks on us.

I really liked Rey. She is a Mary Sue for sure, but Skywalkers tend to be Mary Sues. Luke was a Sue. Anakin was one of the Sue-iest Sues ever. So it's just genetics.

Finn was extra adorable. I hope Rey and Finn get married and run a cake shop or something.

I want a pet BB-8.

Emo Ren.

Princess Leia is gradually evolving into Louis Armstrong.

The space battles were pretty great. I liked all the dead ships on Jakku.

Luke's quoting St. Joseph was cool.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
Qui passus es pro nobis, Domine, Domine, miserere nobis.

Mac_Benny

Look Whose Back

Not any good tailers to post. It is German movie, that is a Hitler comedy/mockumentary. Very funny and thought provoking. On Netflix if anyone is looking for something good on there.

There is also a book that was a bestseller. The plot is Hitler reappears in Germany 2014 at the spot his body was burned at. Goes on to show how he might of adapted to modern times and goes on a cross country tour talking to people (real and staged). I give it a 7/10.

Kaesekopf

Blade Runner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

zork

Just saw that a few days ago, myself. About to expire from Netflix in about 35 minutes for those of us in the Eastern Time Zone!
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

zork

We Were Soldiers (2002)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: zork on May 16, 2016, 09:23:51 PM
Just saw that a few days ago, myself. About to expire from Netflix in about 35 minutes for those of us in the Eastern Time Zone!

Picked a good time to watch it, then.  :lol:

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

zork

Kaesekopf

What'd you think about it?

I really wanna see the final cut now. 

zork

I liked it, and thought it was very interesting. I'd like to see the final cut, as well; of that, and of Ridley Scott's other seminal sci-fi classic, Alien.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

That end speech in Blade Runner is excellent.

Jacob

Did the Blade Runner you guys just watched have the voice-over by Harrison Ford?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

Yes

Jacob

There is more than just the final cut.   There are several intermediate versions as well.  The director's cut of 1992 is good.  I don't care for the later ones due to Scott meddling with certain character elements.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: Jacob on May 17, 2016, 09:55:59 AM
There is more than just the final cut.   There are several intermediate versions as well.  The director's cut of 1992 is good.  I don't care for the later ones due to Scott meddling with certain character elements.

There used to be a box set available with four different versions of the film. Sadly, my copy was lost in time. Like tears in rain.