Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Rose

We re-watched The 39 Steps recently, the 1978 version. It's a good mix of English (and Scottish!) pre-WWI class with a storyline that doesn't lose pace.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

angelcookie

Arun

the perfect host. interesting film.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LaramieHirsch

I just saw Godzilla (2014).  This movie was absolutely great. 

I just want to drag studio execs by their ties into a theater, sit them down to watch it, and tell them: "See?  Do you see how awesome a movie can be if you use realism?"

I saw the 1990's atrocity.  That Godzilla--the one with Ferris Beuller--was terrible.  I think of Batman and Robin when I think of 1990s Godzilla.  And I must say...Batman and Robin was terrible.  1998 Godzilla was a cutsey, smirking, SWPL piece of crap.  It's just so bad and stupid and whimsical and stupid.  Also, it's stupid. 

Anyway.  Godzilla 2014 is totally awesome in every way. 
"Evil smells weakness, and the weak can smell evil."  -Me

"Silence is complicity."  -Me

"The most evident mark of God's anger, and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world, is manifest when He permits His people to fall into the hands of a clergy who are more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds. They abandon the things of God to devote themselves to the things of the world and, in their saintly calling of holiness, they spend their time in profane and worldly pursuits. When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people and is visiting His most dreadful wrath upon them."

-Saint John Eudes

Bl. Karl Hapsburg

I just watched the movie Calvary with my brother the other night. Not a bad film to see but it misses out on certain points of doctrine and the priest is no saint. It gets into some heavy topics so it's not for kids.
If people don't believe in God, they won't believe in nothing; they'll believe in anything - Chesterton

sprungli

sprungli

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

angelcookie

Arun

Quote from: Rose on September 22, 2014, 04:05:53 PM
We re-watched The 39 Steps recently, the 1978 version. It's a good mix of English (and Scottish!) pre-WWI class with a storyline that doesn't lose pace.

the book was real good, now i'm wondering where my copy has gotten to. keen on another read of it lol..

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Rose

They're either free or really cheap on Kindle, if you have that. I read it recently and was surprised how the movies take liberties with the storyline!

There's a whole series of books, have you read any of the others?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

dymphna17

Disney's "Frozen".  About 10 minutes of it.  It was on our premium free station.   :rolleyes:  What Hubby won't do for free anything.  lol
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

I saw The Hundred-Foot Journey with my mom. She had mentioned wanted to see it a month ago and I was surprised to see that it was still playing in town. It was better than I was expecting. So was The Judge, which I saw last weekend because there was nothing else worth watching.

Basilios

Fury. This post is 24 hours premature though. I can't wait.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

sprungli

The Maze Runner.
Stand By Me.