The Coming Great Worldwide Warning: New Book with Episcopal Approval.

Started by Xavier, November 10, 2019, 01:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

Quote from: maximus on August 23, 2020, 12:56:35 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on August 23, 2020, 10:37:51 AM
I don't believe in the authenticity of Sister Faustina's revelations; but I did read in a book of prophecies one by St. Louis de Montfort, in which he describes an even that sounded like the Warning.

just curious as to why you don't believe in Faustina? Post conciliar issues or other?
The very salient fact that her visions were condemned by Bishop Sapieha of Crakow with the approval of the Holy Office; it was Karol Wojtila when he succeeded Msgr. Sapieha, who rehabilitated the messages and introduced her cause of Canonization when he became Pope.

Canon Law Digest, 1959

CANON 1395

Sister Faustina Kowalska: Writings (Holy Office, 6 March, 1959) AAS 51-271.

A Notification by the Holy Office:

The Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office, having examined the alleged visions and revelations of Sister Faustina Kowalska of the Institute of Our Lady of Mercy, who died in 1938 near Cracow, has decreed as follows:

1. The distribution of pictures and writings which present the devotion to the Divine Mercy in the forms proposed by this Sister Faustina, should be forbidden;

2. It is left to the prudent discretion of the Bishops to remove such pictures which may have been already exposed for worship.

From the Holy Office, 6 March, 1959.

AAS 51-271; Holy Office, Notification, 6 March, 1959.

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Xavier

That the Warning was prophesied by Saints like St. Edmund Campion and even Popes like Pope Bl. Pius IX and Pope St. Pius X adds credibility to it. St. Faustina was indeed more expressive in saying we will see a Cross. Before Pope St. John Paul II rehabilitated her, she had already received many approvals for the Divine Mercy Devotion under Pope Pius XII, which had Vatican approvals and Church Imprimaturs in the 40s and 50s, as documented in the Wiki link in the OP.

Many more citations are mentioned in the Book, The Warning: Testimonies and Prophesies of the Illumination of Conscience.

Many modern mystics have said the day of the Warning is very near now. Luz de Maria in Latin America is one:

"The following is the story that she conveys to us regarding her personal experience of what the Universal Warning will be like.

"In a very special way, our Lord has given me to understand that a comet will come near the earth, all of humanity will see it, which will create panic and compel many people to go to confession, but not for repentance.

In the sky there will appear a sign, "A CROSS" for several days, people with faith will feel the need to confess their sins, to repent; the remainder of the people will say that it was brought about by men and will turn against the Catholic Church, saying that it is a trick to frightened humanity. " https://www.revelacionesmarianas.com/en/warning.html

The Bible indicates that a period of time for wailing and weeping over one's sins will be given after "the Sign of the Son of Man", the Cross, appears in the sky. Mat 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all tribes of the earth mourn" This Scriptural event is what the Saints and Mystics expand upon as the Warning.

I agree there will be a Great War, as Scripture also says, but the Great Warning, per the Mystics, will come in the midst of the War. God Speaks Will you listen, Fr. Michel Rodriguez etc say there will be temporary peace for a very short time after the Warning, and then persecution will break out, because much of humanity will not repent, even after this great Act of Mercy from God.

""He [the devil -editor] will start a nuclear war that will be global—the third world war—his war against all of humanity. The devil will kill one third of humanity in this war, and through plagues and abortion, just as one third of the angels were cast out of heaven into hell....

The world wide Warning/Illumination of conscience

The following is some of Fr. Michel Rodrigue's explanations concerning the Warning:
".....Then the Warning will come. I saw this. The stars, the sun, and the moon will not shine. All will be black. Suddenly in the heavens, a sign of Jesus will appear and light up the sky and the world. He will be on the Cross, not in His suffering, but in His glory. Behind Him in a pale light, we will appear the face of the Father, the True God. It will be something, I assure you."

From: https://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2020/06/will-purification-for-humanity-begin-in.html
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

TradGranny

Quote from: mikemac on November 10, 2019, 05:50:08 PM
But to tell you the truth I have felt like I have been getting illumination of conscience for quite some time now.  Past sins often come to mind, particularly during morning prayers.  I was wondering whether it had something to do with these prophecies about warnings.  I talked to my priest about this and he suggested that I do a general confession.  After a few weeks of preparation he heard my general confession.  Now after the priest hears my confession more sins that I forgot in my general confession come to mind, generally right at the time I am saying my penance.  This has been going on for a couple of months now.  So now when I go to confession I am also confessing sins that I forgot in my general confession.  Another member of this forum in an email conversation months ago said that her past sins were coming to her mind often too.  Although she didn't relate it to any prophecies.

This has also been happening to me, but I think it's because a priest told me to ask God for the grace to see myself as He sees me.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Miriam_M

Quote from: TradGranny on August 25, 2020, 12:17:29 PM
But to tell you the truth I have felt like I have been getting illumination of conscience for quite some time now.  Past sins often come to mind, particularly during morning prayers.  I was wondering whether it had something to do with these prophecies about warnings.  I talked to my priest about this and he suggested that I do a general confession.  After a few weeks of preparation he heard my general confession.  Now after the priest hears my confession more sins that I forgot in my general confession come to mind, generally right at the time I am saying my penance.  This has been going on for a couple of months now.  So now when I go to confession I am also confessing sins that I forgot in my general confession.  Another member of this forum in an email conversation months ago said that her past sins were coming to her mind often too.  Although she didn't relate it to any prophecies.

This has also been happening to me, but I think it's because a priest told me to ask God for the grace to see myself as He sees me.

Yes, this is very important.  Before every sacramental confession, we should ask for the grace to see ourselves as God does. 

Illumination of conscience:
This can be sudden.  Often when that happens, it is with regard to a particular offense.  While that illumination can occur before a sacramental confession (ideally), I often find -- maybe 50% of the time -- that it happens after confession, as a result of the grace received and the knowledge therefore unclouded.

It can be sudden to an entire area of sin -- a category of it, pertaining to one of the Capital vices -- when we suddenly realize how deeply our attachment to one of those seven vices has affected us spiritually, and others practically.

It can be sudden to an entire period of our past -- say a period of our youth or even much later within adulthood -- that we were blind to a persistent habit that was not just a habit of weakness but a habit that impeded our progress and corrupted our lives and hurt others to a small or great degree.

But I think, as my recent spiritual director told me, it is more often gradual, this illumination.  He has said that if we really saw the accumulation of our sins, and saw that all at once, we would literally die, we would not be able to bear it.  So obviously this is about God's mercy toward us and His fatherhood.

Very often, this illumination is accompanied by an increase in compunction.  For me, that has been a compunction that often lasts quite a while after the awareness.  And that is all quite a gift, quite a grace. The more compunction we have, the more we can elevate that sorrow to the Cross and benefit from personal redemption.

I want to be clear that compunction is not the same thing as attachment to sins confessed and forgiven.  It's awareness -- the suffering that comes from deeper knowledge -- and it's important that we accept that grace and stay with that healing suffering for as long as it naturally lasts within any particular episode of it.

diaduit

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 25, 2020, 12:50:40 PM
Quote from: TradGranny on August 25, 2020, 12:17:29 PM

Yes, this is very important.  Before every sacramental confession, we should ask for the grace to see ourselves as God does. 

Illumination of conscience:
This can be sudden.  Often when that happens, it is with regard to a particular offense.  While that illumination can occur before a sacramental confession (ideally), I often find -- maybe 50% of the time -- that it happens after confession, as a result of the grace received and the knowledge therefore unclouded.

It can be sudden to an entire area of sin -- a category of it, pertaining to one of the Capital vices -- when we suddenly realize how deeply our attachment to one of those seven vices has affected us spiritually, and others practically.

It can be sudden to an entire period of our past -- say a period of our youth or even much later within adulthood -- that we were blind to a persistent habit that was not just a habit of weakness but a habit that impeded our progress and corrupted our lives and hurt others to a small or great degree.

But I think, as my recent spiritual director told me, it is more often gradual, this illumination.  He has said that if we really saw the accumulation of our sins, and saw that all at once, we would literally die, we would not be able to bear it.  So obviously this is about God's mercy toward us and His fatherhood.

Very often, this illumination is accompanied by an increase in compunction.  For me, that has been a compunction that often lasts quite a while after the awareness.  And that is all quite a gift, quite a grace. The more compunction we have, the more we can elevate that sorrow to the Cross and benefit from personal redemption.

I want to be clear that compunction is not the same thing as attachment to sins confessed and forgiven.  It's awareness -- the suffering that comes from deeper knowledge -- and it's important that we accept that grace and stay with that healing suffering for as long as it naturally lasts within any particular episode of it.

What does that really mean?  can you elaborate.
I have flashbacks of past sins and I literally crumple in my face and my heart, I know I have confessed and been forgiven so is it a penance thing?

Santantonio

Quote from: james03 on August 23, 2020, 02:03:03 PM
QuoteBut to tell you the truth I have felt like I have been getting illumination of conscience for quite some time now.  Past sins often come to mind, particularly during morning prayers.

Are you talking about past sins you forgot to confess, or sins that you already confessed?  If the former, that's a good thing, and I'm guessing you already know that forgetting a sin in confession is not a problem and not a sin itself.  You just need to confess it at the next opportunity.

If past sins you already confessed are being brought before you, that sounds like a demonic attack.  Those sins are no longer part of you.  If that is the case then perhaps do some penance IN GENERAL for ALL of your past sins.  But past sins should be forgotten.

To say she is under demonic attack simply for remembering past sins, whether they be confessed or not, is irresponsible.
We do not forget all our sins, even those forgiven. This is part of the temporal punishment and suffering that can be mitigated
with indulgences.

Miriam_M

Quote from: diaduit on August 25, 2020, 02:40:12 PM

I have flashbacks of past sins and I literally crumple in my face and my heart, I know I have confessed and been forgiven so is it a penance thing?

I would not call them flashbacks.  I am not reliving the sin, so to speak, or the confession of it, nor am I at all confused that it has been forgiven.  I am feeling the consequences of it  --the sting of it if you will -- more keenly, more deeply.  I think it's a sense of larger or more permanent remorse than the initial realization, which may be sufficient for genuine contrition but yet not with the "scope" of feeling the impact.

Priests have explained that when we offend God, there is an infinite effect, appropriate to the Infinite Being that He is.  This does not contradict the reality that the sin has been forgiven.  It is meant to make the sinner aware in a more profound way of God's mercy, since when we are given the grace to experience such sorrow, we are then more aware of our constant neediness of His mercy and our utter dependence on that undeserved mercy. It makes us more aware of how that mercy is such a magnanimous gift from God, without which we would be in Hell.

The fact that we are forgiven does not mean that the sin has "vanished" into nothingness.  It has vanished in terms of our culpability for it. (If both the culpability and the effect had disappeared, there would be no need for Purgatory.)  We have surrendered our culpability, once having confessed it, to Jesus Christ, and that's why it's useless to "re-confess" sins, since the matter of the culpability is no longer there.  But it is not useless to receive the grace of compunction, since it is not something that we can create ourselves but is offered to us to humble us and make us more realistically grateful.

It's hard to intellectualize these things, so I don't think I can explain it more than that because reducing it to words is difficult.  Trying to reduce any transcendent experience to words is difficult.

diaduit

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 26, 2020, 02:18:15 AM
Quote from: diaduit on August 25, 2020, 02:40:12 PM

I would not call them flashbacks.  I am not reliving the sin, so to speak, or the confession of it, nor am I at all confused that it has been forgiven.  I am feeling the consequences of it  --the sting of it if you will -- more keenly, more deeply.  I think it's a sense of larger or more permanent remorse than the initial realization, which may be sufficient for genuine contrition but yet not with the "scope" of feeling the impact.

Priests have explained that when we offend God, there is an infinite effect, appropriate to the Infinite Being that He is.  This does not contradict the reality that the sin has been forgiven.  It is meant to make the sinner aware in a more profound way of God's mercy, since when we are given the grace to experience such sorrow, we are then more aware of our constant neediness of His mercy and our utter dependence on that undeserved mercy. It makes us more aware of how that mercy is such a magnanimous gift from God, without which we would be in Hell.

The fact that we are forgiven does not mean that the sin has "vanished" into nothingness.  It has vanished in terms of our culpability for it. (If both the culpability and the effect had disappeared, there would be no need for Purgatory.)  We have surrendered our culpability, once having confessed it, to Jesus Christ, and that's why it's useless to "re-confess" sins, since the matter of the culpability is no longer there.  But it is not useless to receive the grace of compunction, since it is not something that we can create ourselves but is offered to us to humble us and make us more realistically grateful.

It's hard to intellectualize these things, so I don't think I can explain it more than that because reducing it to words is difficult.  Trying to reduce any transcendent experience to words is difficult.

No thats perfect....I got it at 'sting' and I couldn't put into words myself on what that sting does to me internally but yes it does increase my love for God and I realise my unworthiness before Him.  Thanks M

maximus

Quote from: Xavier on August 25, 2020, 01:41:20 AM
That the Warning was prophesied by Saints like St. Edmund Campion and even Popes like Pope Bl. Pius IX and Pope St. Pius X adds credibility to it. St. Faustina was indeed more expressive in saying we will see a Cross. Before Pope St. John Paul II rehabilitated her, she had already received many approvals for the Divine Mercy Devotion under Pope Pius XII, which had Vatican approvals and Church Imprimaturs in the 40s and 50s, as documented in the Wiki link in the OP.

Many more citations are mentioned in the Book, The Warning: Testimonies and Prophesies of the Illumination of Conscience.

Many modern mystics have said the day of the Warning is very near now. Luz de Maria in Latin America is one:

"The following is the story that she conveys to us regarding her personal experience of what the Universal Warning will be like.

"In a very special way, our Lord has given me to understand that a comet will come near the earth, all of humanity will see it, which will create panic and compel many people to go to confession, but not for repentance.

In the sky there will appear a sign, "A CROSS" for several days, people with faith will feel the need to confess their sins, to repent; the remainder of the people will say that it was brought about by men and will turn against the Catholic Church, saying that it is a trick to frightened humanity. " https://www.revelacionesmarianas.com/en/warning.html

The Bible indicates that a period of time for wailing and weeping over one's sins will be given after "the Sign of the Son of Man", the Cross, appears in the sky. Mat 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all tribes of the earth mourn" This Scriptural event is what the Saints and Mystics expand upon as the Warning.

I agree there will be a Great War, as Scripture also says, but the Great Warning, per the Mystics, will come in the midst of the War. God Speaks Will you listen, Fr. Michel Rodriguez etc say there will be temporary peace for a very short time after the Warning, and then persecution will break out, because much of humanity will not repent, even after this great Act of Mercy from God.

""He [the devil -editor] will start a nuclear war that will be global—the third world war—his war against all of humanity. The devil will kill one third of humanity in this war, and through plagues and abortion, just as one third of the angels were cast out of heaven into hell....

The world wide Warning/Illumination of conscience

The following is some of Fr. Michel Rodrigue's explanations concerning the Warning:
".....Then the Warning will come. I saw this. The stars, the sun, and the moon will not shine. All will be black. Suddenly in the heavens, a sign of Jesus will appear and light up the sky and the world. He will be on the Cross, not in His suffering, but in His glory. Behind Him in a pale light, we will appear the face of the Father, the True God. It will be something, I assure you."

From: https://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2020/06/will-purification-for-humanity-begin-in.html

Xavier, it is my understanding that Fr. Rodrigue is not recognized by the local bishop

Full Sugar, Brah