Liturgical Year 15 Volume Set 1904 Reprint

Started by martin88nyc, December 31, 2018, 02:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefano

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 06, 2019, 06:58:34 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 06, 2019, 05:25:12 PM
I'm waiting for it to come out on kindle. Until then, I'll stick to PDF.
IMHM nothing bits a physical book. I could never part with my hardbound volumes  :) However kindle e-reader has its pros.

Agreed here completely. I shall never make the switch from hardbound. I shall just budget accordingly.

Josephine87

It is on archive.org, however I have to read it via PDF using the app Moon Reader Pro.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

martin88nyc

Quote from: Stefano on January 09, 2019, 08:34:28 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on January 06, 2019, 06:58:34 PM
IMHM nothing bits a physical book. I could never part with my hardbound volumes  :) However kindle e-reader has its pros.

Agreed here completely. I shall never make the switch from hardbound. I shall just budget accordingly.
I don't own a hardcover set. What I had in mind was books, in general.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Stefano

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 09, 2019, 07:42:23 PM

I most certainly agree. Althought I do prefer hardcover, any bound edition of a text is definitely superior to a digital copy (at least in my opinion)

martin88nyc

Quote from: Stefano on January 10, 2019, 07:40:52 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on January 09, 2019, 07:42:23 PM

I most certainly agree. Althought I do prefer hardcover, any bound edition of a text is definitely superior to a digital copy (at least in my opinion)
:thumbsup:
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

VeraeFidei

A 1904 reprint is huge. I really enjoy my set, but it is extremely frustrating to use for praying the Office because my edition was "updated" to reflect the regrettable Pius X changes.

martin88nyc

Quote from: VeraeFidei on January 12, 2019, 07:00:49 PM
A 1904 reprint is huge. I really enjoy my set, but it is extremely frustrating to use for praying the Office because my edition was "updated" to reflect the regrettable Pius X changes.
The one sold by https://www.traditionalcatholicpublishing.com/daily-breviary-meditations-bishop-angrisani.html is 1910