Flat Earth

Started by dolores, September 15, 2016, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tales

Only Greg could tie in lazy millennial employees to a conversation on the flat earth.  Kudos.

Greg

So this kills your perspective nonsense.

https://flatearthinsanity.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/flat-earth-failures-perspective-and.html

As for air quality.

If you can see clearly to the high hills in France from the beach in Dover then if the sea were flat for 20 miles you should be able to see the beaches because light is travelling through the same quality of air.  But you can't.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

inlaetitia

Quote from: Kreuzritter on February 28, 2018, 02:17:04 AM
Quote from: inlaetitia on February 25, 2018, 06:01:17 PM
The globe earth is a lie and an error. Condemned by the Fathers of the Church as well as real science.

Believe what you like, but don't lie. And claiming that the Fathers condemned any such thing is an outright lie.

Read and weep

http://flatearthtrads.forumga.net/t60-pertinent-quotes-from-fathers-and-tradition

or watch and weep...

inlaetitia

Quote from: Greg on February 28, 2018, 10:21:51 PM
So this kills your perspective nonsense.

https://flatearthinsanity.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/flat-earth-failures-perspective-and.html

As for air quality.

If you can see clearly to the high hills in France from the beach in Dover then if the sea were flat for 20 miles you should be able to see the beaches because light is travelling through the same quality of air.  But you can't.

Lol. Dude that kills nothing.

It's all based on the presumption that the earth is round and that we can see through objects. Which we can't. Maybe you have the capacity to see through walls?

All your math in the world can't explain why we can see these objects.

inlaetitia

Quote from: Kreuzritter on February 28, 2018, 02:27:20 AM
Quote from: inlaetitia on February 25, 2018, 05:54:01 PM
Do some research on this topic and then we can have an adult conversation.

All right. Here's an "adult" question:

Please explain why the lengths of shadows cast by objects of the same height at different locations along the same longitude, at high noon, follow a power law rather than a linear equation.

Further:

Please point me to a flat Earth map which accurately represents distances along both latitude and longitude.

first question is perspective.

maps are representations. They can be wrong. What I do know is that I can't see through objects. So it's up to YOU to explain why we can see objects in the videos above with such integrity and clarity, that they are clearly not refracted.

as for maps, one of the best is the Gleasons map. But there could be errors. We are at the mercy of the NWO for all that. Do you believe in conspiracies?

Kreuzritter

Quote from: inlaetitia on March 01, 2018, 06:15:51 AM

first question is perspective.

One more time: why do the lengths of the shadows follow a power law. Chanting "perspective" is not an answer. On a flat surface the change should be linear regardless of how far away the Sun is.

Quotemaps are representations. They can be wrong. ...

as for maps, one of the best is the Gleasons map. But there could be errors. We are at the mercy of the NWO for all that. Do you believe in conspiracies?

Gleason's map has massively wrong east-west distances for regions south of the equator. I'll ask you again: point me to a map which represents accurate distances in all directions. It doesn't need to be precise, just reasonably representative of reality: if Earth is flat, that should be easy, as the map would not even be a projection.

Greg

in relation to the second video

Please take a look at the oil platforms, they disappear at the footage of sea level (2:53). I took the time to cut it out in photoshop and lay the pictures one over the other and it gets obvious that you photo is another island group, the one I think is the claimed Anacapa island group while the other is the  at least Santa Cruz Island if not the whole San-Miguel, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz Island group. Also please notice the angle, where the island can be seen (0:13) and the angle claimed at the google earth picture  (0:34).  Just go to google maps and watch for your self (miramar beach, santa barbara) zoom out and see the very tiny Anacapa group and the much larger San-Miguel, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz Island group.

This video is faked.

The island filmed at sea level is another one than the island  filmed from the higher position. Check the oil platforms and see the straight line from the stairs to the see is Santa Cruz Island which is three times higher than West Anacapa Island, but appears at sea level to be exactly the same height as West Anacapa Island from the higher view point, which by the way can be explained by a curved sea and therefore, if anything, the video suggests a round earth.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kreuzritter

Quote from: inlaetitia on March 01, 2018, 06:07:06 AM

Read and weep

http://flatearthtrads.forumga.net/t60-pertinent-quotes-from-fathers-and-tradition

What am I supposed to be weeping over?

The Holy Office and Pontifical Decrees concern geocentrism, which you Tardcats consistently conflate with your nonsense.

St. John Chrysostom is talking about Heaven, not Earth, and not of the phsycial heavens of the stars and planets either, as these obviously move, even according to you Tardcats.

St. Methodius is attacking the notion that "the  earth  consisted  before  all ... in  a  state  of  chaos  and  disorganization": the very chapter heading is "The Doctrine of Mathematicians Not Wholly to Be Despised, When They are Concerned About the Knowledge of the Stars" and the context is a talk abotu creation and a critique of the fatalism of astrology.

That leaves only Lactantius, and that 24th chapter of Book III of Divine institutes is just a ridiculing without any argument and with NO reference being made to divine revelation; it's mere private opinion.

Finally, not one of these persons states that the Earth is flat!

Augustine, Clement of Alexandria, Basil,  Gregory of Nyssa, Jerome and Eusebius all wrote of the sphericity of the Earth.

Kaesekopf

Flat earth hypothesis is dumb.  It now joins geocentrism in the "find something else to talk about" category.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.