Abbé Georges de Nantes, A new St. Pius X is coming?

Started by Guapo, March 14, 2013, 06:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guapo

Guapo

Greg

As much as I like and respect Fr. Gruner.  He has been completely wrong with his predictions before.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Gerard

I saw this in one of the Moynihan letters:

"Cardinal Bergoglio is hostile toward the Traditional Mass, but he wrote a beautiful letter sent to the Carmelites of his diocese regarding the grave matter of the legal redefinition of marriage."

This is a bit of an absurdity.

Any Protestant preacher would be hostile to the Traditional Mass.

"BUT"...

He sends a beautiful letter about the grave matter of the legal definition of marriage.....not to the paper, not like Fr. Rodriguez a simple and truly humble priest into the belly of the beast, but to...a Carmelite Monastery?  How did this letter even come to the surface? 

This is the most public humility I've ever encountered.  It's so humble it's a spectacle.

Gerard

Quote from: Greg on March 14, 2013, 07:20:21 PM
As much as I like and respect Fr. Gruner.  He has been completely wrong with his predictions before.

He's only got one Pope at a time.  I guess he's hoping each day that each Pope will do the task.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Gerard on March 14, 2013, 07:21:31 PM

"Cardinal Bergoglio is hostile toward the Traditional Mass, but he wrote a beautiful letter sent to the Carmelites of his diocese regarding the grave matter of the legal redefinition of marriage."

"BUT"...

He sends a beautiful letter about the grave matter of the legal definition of marriage.....not to the paper, not like Fr. Rodriguez a simple and truly humble priest into the belly of the beast, but to...a Carmelite Monastery?  How did this letter even come to the surface? 

This is the most public humility I've ever encountered.  It's so humble it's a spectacle.
I must admit, Fr. Rodgriguez. Now he is humility incarnate.

No joke. He is very humble.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Gerard

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on March 14, 2013, 07:29:35 PM

"BUT"...

I saw an older priest last week offer the diocesan TLM, he apologized for not genuflecting because he was afraid his arthritis would not let him get back up.  He went ahead with Mass and did all of the genuflections during the consecration virtually pulling himself back up by holding onto the altar. 

That was an act of love and humility, nobody would have held it against him if he'd not been able to genuflect.

An SSPX priest eating the sacred hosts out of the mud after the chapel had been desecrated and Our Lord strewn about on the ground.  That's humility. 

A guy who "acts" like a regular guy doing things that everybody does when he doesn't have to, is not doing something humble.  He's taking an option.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Gerard on March 14, 2013, 07:44:32 PM
I saw an older priest last week offer the diocesan TLM, he apologized for not genuflecting because he was afraid his arthritis would not let him get back up.  He went ahead with Mass and did all of the genuflections during the consecration virtually pulling himself back up by holding onto the altar. 

That was an act of love and humility, nobody would have held it against him if he'd not been able to genuflect.

An SSPX priest eating the sacred hosts out of the mud after the chapel had been desecrated and Our Lord strewn about on the ground.  That's humility. 

A guy who "acts" like a regular guy doing things that everybody does when he doesn't have to, is not doing something humble.  He's taking an option.

This.  Thank you.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Archer

Quote from: Gerard on March 14, 2013, 07:44:32 PM
Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on March 14, 2013, 07:29:35 PM

"BUT"...

I totally agree. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Gerard

Maybe Fr. Gruner can make it happen by writing to the Pope and asking him to consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Marx. 

Then just before it happens tell him it was a typo and that it should read, "Mary." 

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Gerard on March 14, 2013, 08:00:05 PM
Maybe Fr. Gruner can make it happen by writing to the Pope and asking him to consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Marx. 

Then just before it happens tell him it was a typo and that it should read, "Mary."

HAHAHAHA. 

Maybe we could arrange so that there are some creepy oversized puppets and a menorah at the Consecration service, too?  It might confuse him into thinking it was something he was already familiar with.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

MilesChristi

Quote from: Gerard on March 14, 2013, 08:00:05 PM

Maybe if it were Fr. Chavez.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Greg

Quote from: Gerard on March 14, 2013, 07:27:35 PM
Quote from: Greg on March 14, 2013, 07:20:21 PM

He's only got one Pope at a time.  I guess he's hoping each day that each Pope will do the task.

He has made specific predictions with dates before and been wrong
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.