Catholic Calendar App for Smart Phones?

Started by lauermar, May 11, 2014, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauermar

Hello. I have a question about calendar apps. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Android phone. It comes with a calendar app that is linked to my Google and Facebook accounts. It automatically populates all my friends' birthdays and all the public holidays.  I also get the typical pagan junk events like earth day and Cinco de Mayo which I don't care about and can't delete.  Is there such a thing as a traditional Catholic liturgical calendar that populates Holy Days of Obligation and other feast days, Rogation,  Ember, etc.? I'm getting tired of putting them in manually.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Southern Ascetic

SWEET MAN  ;D

Just added this to my google calendar and synced it with my phone widget calendar, now I can see every feast day without having to go to divinumofficium.

I would even venture to add more saints to this calendar to make it even more comprehensive.

lauermar

Now how do I get the google calendar to synch with my phone device?
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Chestertonian

Quote from: lauermar on May 19, 2014, 04:55:56 PM
Now how do I get the google calendar to synch with my phone device?
if you're on an android device and you're logged into Google, it should do it automatically
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

lauermar

Thanks. I notice I have weather stuff on the calendar now but not the religious days.

CaptCrunch73

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
-- Thomas Aquinas

"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning, the middle, and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory