St. Montfort's 33 day consecration: consecrate yourself to the Immaculate Heart.

Started by Xavier, April 11, 2018, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Great Feasts are at hand. Let us prepare ourselves well and offer ourselves as consecrated souls to the Cross of Jesus through Our Lady of Sorrows. St. Maximillian Maria Kolbe, a great Marian Apostle who had an exemplary devotion to the Immaculata, and who did much to fight Freemasonry and Communism, writes to tell us of the importance of consecration. https://saintmaximiliankolbe.com/consecration/

Solemn Act of Consecration

O Immaculata, Queen of heaven and earth, Refuge of sinners and our most loving Mother, God has willed to entrust the entire order of mercy to You, I, an unworthy sinner, cast myself at Your feet, humbly imploring You to take me with all that I am and have, wholly to Yourself as Your possession and property. Please make of me, of all my powers of soul and body, of my whole life, death, and eternity, whatever pleases You. If it pleases You, use all that I am and have without reserve, wholly to accomplish what has been said of You: "She will crush your head", and "You alone have destroyed all heresies in the whole world." Let me be a fit instrument in Your immaculate and most merciful hands for introducing and increasing Your glory to the maximum in all the many strayed and indifferent souls, and thus help extend as far as possible the blessed Kingdom of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. For, wherever You enter, You obtain the grace of conversion and sanctification, since it is through Your hands that all graces come to us from the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

V. Allow me to praise You, O most holy Virgin.

R. Give me strength against Your enemies.

Commentary by St. Maximilian Kolbe

This act of consecration consists of three parts:

1. An invocation,
2. A petition that She deign us to accept us as property,
3. An entreaty that She may want to use us in order to win other souls over to Herself.

1 – An Invocation
In the invocation, we say first of all:

O Immaculata:

We address Her with this title, because She Herself in Lourdes chose to state Her name thus: "Immaculate Conception." God and each of the Three Divine Persons are immaculate, yet God is not conceived. The angels are immaculate, but even in them there is not conception. Our first parents were immaculate before their sin, yet even they were not conceived. Jesus was immaculate and conceived, but He was not a conception, because, being God, He existed before time, and the words that revealed to Moses the name of God referred to Him: "I am Who am" [Ex 3:14], that is, the One who always exists and has no beginning. All other people are a conception; yet, a conception stained by sin. Only She is not merely conceived, but Conception, and, what is more, Immaculate Conception. That name contains many other mysteries that will be revealed in time. For it marks the fact that Immaculate Conception belongs in some way to the very essence of the Immaculata. That name must be dear to Her, for it indicates the first grace She received in the first instant of Her existence, and the first gift is always the most welcome. This name, then, was fulfilled throughout Her life, because She was always without sin. So She was also full of grace and God was with Her (cf. Lk 1:28) always and with Her to the point that She became the Mother of the Son of God.

Queen of Heaven and earth.

In a family, the parents who love their children strive, to the best of their ability, to fulfill the wishes of their children, as long as such desires are not to their detriment. All the more so God, the Creator and Prototype of earthly parents, wants to fulfill the will of His creatures, as long as that does not cause them harm; that is, provided that this will is in accordance with His Will.

Never and in anything did the Immaculata move away from God's will. In everything She loved God's Will, She loved God, so She is aptly named "Suppliant Omnipotence"; She exerts Her influence on God Himself, on the whole universe: She is the Queen of Heaven and earth. In Heaven, all recognize the sovereignty of Her Love. Instead, that part of the first angels who would not recognize Her Queenship, lost their place in Heaven.

She is also the Queen of the earth, for the fact that She is the Mother of God. Yet She desires—and is entitled to such desire—to be recognized spontaneously by every heart, to be loved as Queen of all hearts, so that such heart may be purified ever more through Her, become Immaculate, like Her Heart and ever more worthy of union with God, with the love of God, with the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Refuge of sinners.

God is merciful, Infinitely Merciful, but He is also Just, Infinitely Just, so that He cannot tolerate even the smallest sin and must demand its complete reparation. The Dispenser of the most precious Blood of Jesus, which has Infinite Value and that washes away such sins, is God's mercy embodied in the Immaculata. With good reason, therefore, we invoke Her as "Refuge of sinners," of all sinners; even if their sins were most serious and most numerous, even if those sinners had the impression they no longer deserved any mercy. Indeed, any purification of the soul is for Her a new confirmation of Her title of "Immaculate Conception," and the more a soul is plunged in sin, the more the power of Her immaculateness, which makes a soul as pure as snow, is made manifest.

Our most loving Mother.

The Immaculata is the Mother of all our supernatural life, for She is the Mediatrix of all graces, indeed the Mother of Divine Grace, so She is Our Mother in the sphere of grace, in the supernatural sphere. Also, She is a most loving Mother, for there is no such loving, such affectionate, such God-filled Mother as the Immaculata, Who is all divine.

God has willed to entrust the entire order of mercy to you.

At times, in a family, the father rejoices when the mother, by her own intervention, holds his hand, which would punish the child, because in that case justice is met and mercy manifested. It is not without reason, in fact, that Justice is suspended. In the same way God, not to punish us, gives us a spiritual mother, to whose intercession He is never opposed. That is why the Saints have said that Jesus reserved the order of Justice to Himself, entrusting the entire order of mercy to the Immaculata.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Xavier

Today is as wonderful a day as any to make or renew your consecration to the Twin Hearts - today we celebrate the day when the Immaculate Heart consecrated Her life to God forever in the Temple! She was a consecrated Virgin, like a Nun, and per Her wishes, She wanted to remain in the Temple to serve God faithfully there forever, if it was His Will. But God's Heart had other designs for His Mother, and the rest is History.

We are also providentially just about 33 days away from Christmas, so it is a great time to start. Christmas is an ideal time to give your life to Jesus anew and ask Him to reign in your heart evermore. May devotion to the Infant Lord and the Infant Mother increase among us Christians. Other important Marian Feasts next month. Dec 8th. The Immaculate Conception. Dec 12th, Our Lady of Gaudalupe. As this season of advent approaches, let us renew our love for and devotion to Jesus and Mary.

May the Twin Hearts ever reign and rule over our own hearts. Amen.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Xavier

As Fisheaters mentions, Jan 9th is the day to start if you want to finish your consecration on Feb 11th, Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. Otherwise, the next standard date is only on 20th Feb (for a Mar. 25th consecration)

It would be very good to renew our consecration periodically, even many times in a year. Each time, we receive new abundant graces and blessings.

This is an excellent devotion to practice as a family, and a solid means to ensure all members, especially children, grow in the Faith and in devotion and never lapse from Our Lord and Our Lady.

It is a devotion especially suited to our times and capable of producing Saints formed by the Holy Ghost in Mary. Many great Saints practiced what St. Montfort taught, and he prophesies Mary will use it to overthrow all heresies, and God will use it to form greater Saints still.

The essence of Total Consecration and of True Devotion is to surrender the satisfactory value of all ones works (merit is strictly personal and never transferred) into Our Lady's hands; She may use it to liberate souls in Purgatory or convert dying sinners. She almost always draws the soul to the experience of a deeper union with God and with Her and multiplies the merits of the soul manifold. Thus the satisfactory value also increases, and for those who rely on God and Mary with faith and devotion, nothing is lost, but merits and satisfaction is multiplied.

May we ever grow in grace and live in life and eternity as joyful slaves of Love to Our Good Lord and Our Dear Lady.

Xavier

Happy Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes! On this day 161 years ago, Our Blessed Mother revealed Herself to St. Bernadette saying, "I am the Immaculate Conception". When we consecrate our life to Her on this festive day, we honor Her privilege as the Immaculate Conception, and attest to our desire to live a holy life in Her service. Those who have begun the Consecration on Jan 9th can consecrate their lives to Jesus and Mary today. Those who wish to renew it can do so after saying some of the prayers mentioned earlier.

In extolling the glory of a consecrated life, St. Alphonsus says, citing the Angelic Doctor, "St. Thomas teaches that the perfect consecration which a religious makes of himself to God by his solemn profession remits the guilt and punishment of all his past sins. "But," he says, "it may reasonably be said that a person by entering into religion obtains the remission of all sins. For, to make satisfaction for all sins, it is sufficient to dedicate one's self entirely to the service of God by entering religion, which dedication exceeds all manner of satisfaction. Hence," he concludes, "we read in the lives of the Fathers, that they who enter religion obtain the same grace as those who receive baptism."

St. Montfort compares Total Consecration to such a complete abnegation of self as required upon entering religion, so we may well hope that many of the effects will be similar, that souls who consecrate their lives wholeheartedly, desiring to be placed entirely at the disposal of God's Glory to be consecrated to Jesus through Mary, may obtain the full remission of all sins, so as to be as pure again as on the day of Baptism, to be made anew through the grace of God given to us through Mary, the Immaculate Conception. This is confirmed by the Plenary Indulgences attached to Marian Consecration by Pope Leo XIII and Pope St. Pius X http://www.brizek.com/mary/tdtmatc.htm Pope St. Pius X was a great proponent of Montfortian Consecration https://www.ecatholic2000.com/montfort/true/devotion.shtml If the exact indulgences may not apply anymore (although it is said "in perpetuity"), then at least we may prayerfully believe similar effects will happen in the soul that consecrates herself without reserve, desiring only the greater glory of God and His Mother.

Quote from: St. Montfort, the Secret of Mary29. We should choose a special feast-day on which to give ourselves. Then, willingly and lovingly and under no constraint, we consecrate and sacrifice to her unreservedly our body and soul. We give to her our material possessions, such as house, family, income, and even the inner possessions of our soul, namely, our merits, graces, virtues and atonements. Notice that in this devotion we sacrifice to Jesus through Mary all that is most dear to us, that is, the right to dispose of ourselves, of the value of our prayers and alms, of our acts of self- denial and atonements. This is a sacrifice which no religious order would require of its members. We leave everything to the free disposal of our Lady, for her to use as she wills for the greater glory of God, of which she alone is perfectly aware.

30. We leave to her the right to dispose of all the satisfactory and prayer value of our good deeds, so that, after having done so and without going so far as making a vow, we cease to be master over any good we do. Our Lady may use our good deeds either to bring relief or deliverance to a soul in purgatory, or perhaps to bring a change of heart to a poor sinner.

31. By this devotion we place our merits in the hands of our Lady, but only that she may preserve, increase and embellish them, since merit for increase of grace and glory cannot be handed over to any other person. But we give to her all our prayers and good works, inasmuch as they have intercessory and atonement value, for her to distribute and apply to whom she pleases. If, after having thus consecrated ourselves to our Lady, we wish to help a soul in purgatory, rescue a sinner, or assist a friend by a prayer, an alms, an act of self-denial or an act of self-sacrifice, we must humbly request it of our Lady, abiding always by her decision, which of course remains unknown to us. We can be fully convinced that the value of our actions, being dispensed by that same hand which God himself uses to distribute his gifts and graces to us, cannot fail to be applied for his greatest glory.

Prayer of Consecration: O Eternal and incarnate Wisdom! O sweetest and most adorable Jesus! True God and true man, only Son of the Eternal Father, and of Mary, always virgin! I adore Thee profoundly in the bosom and splendors of Thy Father during eternity; and I adore Thee also in the virginal bosom of Mary, Thy most worthy Mother, in the time of Thine Incarnation.

I give Thee thanks for that Thou hast annihilated Thyself, taking the form of a slave in order to rescue me from the cruel slavery of the devil. I praise and glorify Thee for that Thou hast been pleased to submit Thyself to Mary, Thy holy Mother, in all things, in order to make me Thy faithful slave through Her. But, alas! Ungrateful and faithless as I have been, I have not kept the promises which I made so solemnly to Thee in my Baptism; I have not fulfilled my obligations; I do not deserve to be called Thy child, nor yet Thy slave; and as there is nothing in me which does not merit Thine anger and Thy repulse, I dare not come by myself before Thy most holy and august Majesty. It is on this account that I have recourse to the intercession of Thy most holy Mother, whom Thou hast given me for a mediatrix with Thee. It is through Her that I hope to obtain of Thee contrition, the pardon of my sins, and the acquisition and preservation of wisdom.

Hail, then, O immaculate Mary, living tabernacle of the Divinity, where the Eternal Wisdom willed to be hidden and to be adored by angels and by men! Hail, O Queen of Heaven and earth, to whose empire everything is subject which is under God. Hail, O sure refuge of sinners, whose mercy fails no one. Hear the desires which I have of the Divine Wisdom; and for that end receive the vows and offerings which in my lowliness I present to Thee.

I, N_____, a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in thy hands the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before. In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose thee this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to Thee, as Thy slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to Thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to Thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God in time and in eternity.

Receive, O benignant Virgin, this little offering of my slavery, in honor of, and in union with, that subjection which the Eternal Wisdom deigned to have to thy maternity; in homage to the power which both of you have over this poor sinner, and in thanksgiving for the privileges with which the Holy Trinity has favored Thee. I declare that I wish henceforth, as Thy true slave, to seek Thy honor and to obey Thee in all things.

O admirable Mother, present me to thy dear Son as His eternal slave, so that as He has redeemed me by Thee, by Thee He may receive me! O Mother of mercy, grant me the grace to obtain the true Wisdom of God; and for that end receive me among those whom Thou lovest and teachest, whom Thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as Thy children and thy slaves.

O faithful Virgin, make me in all things so perfect a disciple, imitator and slave of the Incarnate Wisdom, Jesus Christ Thy Son, that I may attain, by Thine intercession and by Thine example, to the fullness of His age on earth and of His glory in Heaven. Amen."

Xavier

Gentle reminder: March 25th is the Major Marian Feast of the Annunciation, when Our Lord Jesus Christ became Incarnate in the flesh in the womb of His Virgin Mother. The time to start one's preparation for consecrating one's life on that day - which St. Montfort recommends saying it is the principal feast proper to this devotion - is now.

Xavier

The most beautiful feast of the Annunciation approaches, when Our Lady gave Her Heart to God, the Spirit of God overshadowed Her, and the Son of God was Conceived in Her Holy Womb. Let us imitate the perfect consecration Our Lady made of Her Life and Her Will by saying "Fiat" to God. Let us say our own Fiat to God and for Her this day, now almost 2020 years since the day She first said Her Fiat to God for us Her children. As per the sources above, on particular days, one can certainly receive a plenary indulgence by a total consecration to God. On other days, the same principle applies, if we consecrate ourselves without reserve, we can very likely be restored to Baptismal Innocence. Let us not waste this wondrous festival of the Annunciation, but use it to surrender ourselves wholeheartedly, either for the first time, or renewing our consecration, to Jesus and Mary.

Xavier

As we are about to end this month of March, a great feast for the Consecration to be done is the Feast of St. Montfort on Apr 28th. So, those who wish can begin preparation to make or renew this consecration. Some of the prayers for the first few days can be said together.

From the brizek site given above earlier, "True Devotion to Mary and Total Consecration

One of the most zealous promoters of St. Louis Grignion de Montfort's True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and his Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary which brings about what is called a "Holy Slavery of Love" was Pope St. Pius X, a devoted "Slave of Mary."

So ardent was the desire of this Marian Pope to encourage interest in Montfort's method of devotion to Our Lady that he gave a special apostolic blessing to all those who even merely read the Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and, at the same time, he declared: "We eagerly commend the Treatise on True Devotion." In addition to this, the Holy Father granted a plenary indulgence (on 24 December 1907), under the usual conditions, to be gained on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, December 8th, and on the Feast of Saint Louis de Montfort, April 28, to those who recite the Montfort formula of consecration entitled "Consecration of Ourselves to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, by the Hands of Mary." This plenary indulgence, which Leo XIII (also a "Slave of Mary") had granted for only seven years, was now granted "in perpetuum"—in perpetuity."

So, do not waste the upcoming feast of Apr 28th, where it is almost certain that you can gain a plenary indulgence by Consecration.

Let us Consecrated Slaves of Jesus through Mary make the effort, if possible, to renew the Consecration each day, for e.g. morning and evening, by kneeling and prostrating before God and Our Lady, and saying at least, for e.g. 1 Our Father, 3 Hail Marys, and the Glory Be, along with a simple prayer like, "I am all Yours, Lord Jesus, and all I have is Yours, through Mary Your Most Holy and Immaculate Mother, my Lady, Mistress and Queen."

Xavier

As powerful as individual and private prayers and consecration can be, St. Montfort assures us that public prayers and acts of consecration where we unite with millions of other souls are incredibly more powerful. A unique opportunity to participate in Marian Consecration in the run-up to the Feast of the Queenship of Mary, also which Pope Benedict XV authorized as Mediatrix of All Graces in some places, is here: https://www.flameoflove.us/2019-coast-to-coast-consecration-to-jesus-through-mary/

Coast to Coast Consecration to Jesus through Mary

In order to increase the effectiveness of our prayers and apostolic endeavors, let us unite spiritually and consecrate ourselves and our apostolates to Jesus through Mary on one special day at the same time!

BEGIN the 33 Day Preparation: Sunday, April 28, 2019.
The feast of St. Louis de Montfort & DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY!

CONSECRATE on Friday, May 31, 2019
Feast of The Visitation,
The Lady of All Nations,
and Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces

The Consecration will be live streamed from the National
Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, MA on May 31, 2019

To learn about the meaning of Consecration:
http://www.myconsecration.org/images/faithbooklet2.pdf"

A Consecrated Soul should regard it as a strict obligation not to go to heaven alone but to try to take several others, thousands if possible, with him or her to Heaven. St. Louis Marie assures us, if we live and practice True Devotion rightly, we can save many souls by it.

St. Louis Marie de Montfort: It is of great benefit to our neighbour

171. It is of great benefit to our neighbour, for by it we show love for our neighbour in an outstanding way since we give him through Mary's hands all that we prize most highly - that is, the satisfactory and prayer value of all our good works, down to the least good thought and the least little suffering. We give our consent that all we have already acquired or will acquire until death should be used in accordance with our Lady's will for the conversion of sinners or the deliverance of souls from Purgatory.

Is this not perfect love of our neighbour? Is this not being a true disciple of our Lord, one who should always be recognised by his love? Is this not the way to convert sinners without any danger of vainglory, and deliver souls from Purgatory by doing hardly anything more than what we are obliged to do by our state of life?

172. To appreciate the excellence of this motive we must understand what a wonderful thing it is to convert a sinner or to deliver a soul from Purgatory. It is an infinite good, greater than the creation of heaven and earth, since it gives a soul the possession of God. If by this devotion we secured the release of only soul from Purgatory or converted only one sinner in our whole lifetime, would that not be enough to induce any person who really loves his neighbour to practise this devotion?

It must be noted that our good works, passing through Mary's hands, are progressively purified. Consequently, their merit and their satisfactory and prayer value are also increased. That is why they become much more effective in relieving the souls in Purgatory and in converting sinners than if they did not pass through the virginal and liberal hands of Mary. Stripped of self-will and clothed with disinterested love, the little that we give to the Blessed Virgin is truly powerful enough to appease the anger of God and draw down his mercy. It may well be that at the hour of death a person who has been faithful to this devotion will find that he has freed many souls from Purgatory and converted many sinners, even though he performed only the ordinary actions of his state of life. Great will be his joy at the judgement. Great will be his glory throughout eternity."

Xavier

This Life Offering can serve as an Act of Consecration to the Twin Hearts: "My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my of my entire life for the adoration and supplication of the Holy Trinity, for unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and priests, for good priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept my life sacrifice and my offerings and give me your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death.  Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

Another Act of Consecration from the site, written by St. Maximilian: CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY

O Immaculata, Queen of Heaven and earth, refuge of sinners and our most loving Mother, God has willed to entrust the entire order of mercy to you. I, (name), a repentant sinner, cast myself at your feet humbly imploring you to take me with all that I am and have, wholly to yourself as your possession and property. Please make of me, of all my powers of soul and body, of my whole life, death and eternity, whatever most pleases you. If it pleases you, use all that I am and have without reserve, wholly to accomplish what was said of you: "She will crush your head," and, "You alone have destroyed all heresies in the world." Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for introducing and increasing your glory to the maximum in all the many strayed and indifferent souls, and thus help extend as far as possible the blessed kingdom of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus. For wherever you enter, you obtain the grace of conversion and growth in holiness, since it is through your hands that all graces come to us from the most Sacred Heart of Jesus." Total Consecration to Mary is the best and surest way of giving the greatest glory to Christ, as taught by St. Montfort and the Popes approving it, and is therefore highly recommended for all, and especially obligatory, to all those who desire perfection.

St. Montfort shows this in True Devotion to Mary in many ways, and the Popes have vied with one another in praising it: "7. The greater glory of Christ

222. If you live this devotion sincerely, you will give more glory to Jesus in a month than in many years of a more demanding devotion. Here are my reasons for saying this:

1) Since you do everything through the Blessed Virgin as required by this devotion, you naturally lay aside your own intentions no matter how good they appear to you. You abandon yourself to our Lady's intentions even though you do not know what they are. Thus you share in the high quality of her intentions ... Mary amassed such a multitude of merits and graces during her sojourn on earth that it would be easier to count the stars in heaven, the drops of water in the ocean or the sands of the sea-shore than count her merits and graces. She thus gave more glory to God than all the angels and saints have given or will ever give him. Mary, wonder of God, when souls abandon themselves to you, you cannot but work wonders in them! ... Lastly, you never think of Mary without Mary thinking of God for you. You never praise or honour Mary without Mary joining you in praising and honouring God. Mary is entirely relative to God. Indeed I would say that she was relative only to God, because she exists uniquely in reference to him.

She is an echo of God, speaking and repeating only God. If you say "Mary" she says "God". When St. Elizabeth praised Mary calling her blessed because she had believed, Mary, the faithful echo of God, responded with her canticle, "My soul glorifies the Lord." What Mary did on that day, she does every day. When we praise her, when we love and honour her, when we present anything to her, then God is praised, honoured and loved and receives our gift through Mary and in Mary." and "82. Thirdly, we must choose among all the devotions to the Blessed Virgin the one which will lead us more surely to this dying to self. This devotion will be the best and the most sanctifying for us. For we must not believe that all that glitters is gold, all that is sweet is honey, or all that is easy to do and is done by the majority of people is the most sanctifying. Just as in nature there are secrets enabling us to do certain natural things quickly, easily and at little cost, so in the spiritual life there are secrets which enable us to perform works rapidly, smoothly and with facility. Such works are, for example, emptying ourselves of self-love, filling ourselves with God, and attaining perfection. The devotion that I propose to explain is one of these secrets of grace, for it is unknown to most Christians. Only a few devout people know of it and it is practised and appreciated by fewer still."

Xavier

The Period for the Wonderful Consecration described above and probably participated in by several thousands and thousands of Catholics is now drawing to an end as the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces approaches. Amazing fruits are already evident.

God bless all who participated and the Church and the world need hundreds of more events like this for Christ's Triumph to come and the chastisement owed to our sins to be minimized as much as possible.

Please join in and make or renew Your own Personal Consecration to the Immaculate Heart, the channel of all Graces from the Sacred Heart, on the grand occasion of this Feast approved for several dioceses by Pope Benedict XV almost every 100 years ago. The incredible Graces the Blessed Virgin Mother gives to those who acknowledge Her as the Mediatrix of All Graces sometimes have to be experienced to be believed.

But let us most firmly exercise our Catholic Faith and believe this sacred dogma and vow to believe and defend it even unto death, so that its dogmatic definition may come. That, together with the Papal Consecration, as the Three SSPX Bishops also indicated during an Aug 2017 Consecration, would inaugurate the Triumph of the Heart of Mary and the Coming of God's Kingdom and Era of Peace for the whole world. "We also beseech thee, O Mother of Mercy, by this most splendid miracle of your suppliant omnipotence, to manifest to the world the truth of your universal mediation of grace." http://www.sspxflorida.com/en/news-events/news/act-consecration-russia-immaculate-heart-mary-31607?calendar_block_month=3&calendar_block_year=2017

Sample Act of Consecration we could make to Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces:

Prayer of Consecration to Mary Mediatrix of All Grace

I, (state your name), a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in Your hands the vows of my Baptism; and I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works, and I give myself entirely to Your Son, Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.

I humbly consecrate myself, my family, (my fellow members of the Confraternity), my country, the Catholic Church, especially the religious and the clergy, and the entire human race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ and to Your Immaculate Heart.

I invoke You, under the title close to Your Heart, as our Mother and Mediatrix of All Grace.
Intercede and mediate for us to Christ, Your Son and Our Lord, who is All Life, All Holiness, and All Grace Himself.

Obtain for us the triumph against the evil forces that seek to destroy the family, the sacrament of marriage, and the sanctity of human life.

In the presence of the heavenly court, I choose you this day for my Mother and Queen, I deliver and consecrate to you, as your slave, my body and soul, my goods both interior and exterior and even the value of my good actions - past, present and future - leaving to you the entire and full right of disposing of me and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to your good pleasure for the greater glory of God in time and in eternity. Amen.

Our Lady Mary Mediatrix of All Grace, Pray for us!
In Jesus name, Amen!"

From: http://blessedmotherbvm.blogspot.com/2013/08/prayer-of-consecration-to-mary.html

Xavier

Those who Consecrate their Lives to the Blessed Mother will join countless others who are also doing so. Our Lady is Mediatrix even of those Graces which it seems to us to be morally or even absolutely impossible (according to us) to obtain. She can obtain them in an instant, because Her Prayers, as demons testified when exorcised by St. Dominic when the Rosary were given, are more powerful than all the prayers of all the Saints, just as Her merits are greater than all the merits of all the Saints put together. Blessed Mother, pray for us. From https://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/Consecration_mary.htm

Consecration to Mary

O Mary, Virgin most powerful and Mother of mercy, Queen of Heaven and Refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart.

We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all  that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and our souls; to thee we give our homes,  our families, our country.

We desire that all that is in us and around us may belong to thee,  and may share in the benefits of thy motherly benediction. And that this act of consecration  may be truly efficacious and lasting, we renew this day at thy feet the promises of our Baptism and our first Holy Communion.

We pledge ourselves to profess courageously and at all times  the truths of our holy Faith, and to live as befits Catholics who are duly submissive to all the  directions of the Pope and the Bishops in communion with him.

We pledge ourselves to keep  the commandments of God and His Church, in particular to keep holy the Lord's Day.

We  likewise pledge ourselves to make the consoling practices of the Christian religion, and above all, Holy Communion, an integral part of our lives, in so far as we shall be able so to do.

Finally, we promise thee, O glorious Mother of God and loving Mother of men, to devote  ourselves whole-heartedly to the service of thy blessed cult, in order to hasten and assure,  through the sovereignty of thine Immaculate Heart, the coming of the kingdom of the Sacred  Heart of thine adorable Son, in our own hearts and in those of all men, in our country and in all  the world, as in heaven. so on earth. Amen."

Xavier

Apologies for the late intimation, but the truly wonderful Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is coming up on July 16th. 13th June was the Day to begin, 13th June being also the wonderful date of Our Lady's second Apparition at Fatima. Our Lady of Fatima has taught us that the essence of wearing the Scapular is a consecrated life lived through devotion to Her Immaculate Heart, our gate to the Sacred Heart of Her Son and God, Jesus Christ. Our Lady of Mount Carmel had earlier taught us that the Priceless Scapular which She gave us from Heaven is a wonderful present we should all wear and make use of, as the one who wears it devoutly and perseveringly shall, by God's Grace, obtain final perseverance and eternal life.

The Brown Scapular
It is a gift to you from your Heavenly Mother.
"WHOSOEVER DIES IN THIS GARMENT SHALL NOT SUFFER ETERNAL FIRE."
- promise of Our Lady to St. Simon Stock on July 16, 1251

Frequently asked questions about wearing the brown scapular"

https://www.sistersofcarmel.com/brown-scapular-information.php
https://www.sistersofcarmel.com/faqs-the-brown-scapular/

"Devotion
True devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary consists in three things: VENERATION, CONFIDENCE AND LOVE. By simply wearing the Scapular, we can tell her every moment of the day that we venerate her, love her and trust in her protection.

The Scapular Is a Silent Prayer
As Our Lord taught us to say the Our Father, Our Blessed Mother taught us the value of the scapular. When we use it as a prayer, Our Lady draws us to the Sacred Heart of Her Divine Son. It is good, therefore, to hold the scapular in the hand. A prayer offered while holding the Scapular is as perfect as a prayer can be. It is especially in time of temptation that we need the powerful intercession of God's Mother. The evil spirit is utterly powerless when the wearer of a scapular faces temptation, calling upon the Holy Virgin in this silent devotion. "If you had recommended yourself to me, you would not have run into such danger," was Our Lady's gentle reproach to Blessed Alan de la Roche, one of her devoted servants.

The Sabbatine Privilege
The Blessed Virgin of Mount Carmel has promised to save those who wear the scapular from the fires of hell; She will also shorten their stay in purgatory if they should pass from this world still owing some debt of punishment.

This promise is found in a Bull of Pope John XXII. The Blessed Virgin appeared to him and, speaking of those who wear the Brown Scapular, said, "I, the Mother of Grace, shall descend on the Saturday after their death and whomsoever I shall find in Purgatory I shall free so that I may lead them to the Holy Mountain of life everlasting." The root word of Carmel in Israel means Garden, Vineyard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Carmel

Xavier

Some general prayers of Perfect and Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary for life and for eternity which we can make use of in this time:

"19. PRAYER ON THE OCCASION OF MARY'S ASSUMPTION INTO HEAVEN (Myriam van Nazareth)

Dear Mother Mary, Through Your life of utmost purity and Love, full of merits and without any sin, You set an example to all humans. Therefore, through Your Assumption into Heaven, body and soul, God testified of His unparalleled mystical Love for You. You know Divine Love better than any soul. On this festive day I wish You may be able to rule the hearts of all Your children as the Queen of Heavenly Love. Dear Mother, today I assume You totally and unreservedly into the heaven of my soul, the deepest chamber that God reserved for my unity with Him. Deign to furnish this little chamber so that it may please You, and to transform it in the flames of Your Love into a small palace in which I will henceforth be able to meet You and God.

21. PRAYER FOR THE OCCASION OF MARY'S CORONATION  AS THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN (Myriam van Nazareth)

Dear Mother Mary, Upon Your Assumption into Heaven God made You our Queen, who as the Treasurer and Distributor of Graces rules every one of us. My Heavenly Queen, I beg you, do establish within me from this day onward Your eternal realm of Love. May my heart become the throne room of Your palace, the place from which You rule my entire being. May my faith and my trust in You serve towards my fellow person as the main expression of your royal power. May my striving for sanctity be like the border guard protecting your kingdom against the attacks of Your and our enemy. Do accept my soul as the humble present of the poor slave of Your Love, who lives for no purpose other than to glorify You and God, to work for You, to defend Your honour, and to establish and enhance Your realm on earth. Mary, my Heavenly Queen, if You accept me, I will be Your tool for all eternity, in total and unconditional submission."

From Mary's Flower Garden: https://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/flowers/1-250

Xavier

Gentle Reminder: Just 9 days left to go for the Great Feast of Our Blessed Mother's Assumption into Heaven and Coronation there, if anyone wants to make or renew their Marian Consecration on that day.

85. PRAYER TO THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
FOR THE PURIFICATION OF MANKIND

(Myriam van Nazareth)

Dear Mother Mary,
Immaculate Conception of the infinite Divine Love that keeps breathing Life into eternity, do spread the cloak of Your powerful protection all over us.
Oh Lily from the Garden of all Life, breathe upon me the tender breeze of God's strength, so that I may blossom into a stainless flower for God's Last Times.
Oh most pure Virgin, may the burning Love from Your Immaculate Heart give birth to coredeemers rendering Satan's realm unfruitful.
Oh Mother of our Redeemer, rescue us from the clutches of all evil forces which keep crucifying Jesus time and time again.
Oh Bride of the Holy Spirit, shed Light into darkened spirits and the fire of Love into frozen hearts, make the fullness of grace fill up our inner emptiness.
Oh sweet voice of the Last Times, shut our weak ears to the deafening cries of all infernal temptations.
Oh Queen of celestial beauty, lend us Your eyes, so that we may recognize the ugliness of sin.
Oh radiant Light shining into our worldly darkness, resuscitate in our souls the hope for the joys of Paradise, so that within us the blossoms of repentance may bloom, from which the fruits of conversion spring.
Oh Heavenly Teacher and Guide, strengthen us in our consecration to You and to the Holy Trinity, and guide us in the renewal of our baptismal vows to turn away from all evil, so that the stain of the original sin may no longer distort us.
Oh Queen of Eternal Love, cleanse our deceived hearts of the poison of hatred. May the ray of burning Love from Your Immaculate Heart inflict a wound of Love upon all hearts, because this is the only wound that can make us stronger in proportion as its bleeding increases.
Oh pure Mother of Mercy, seal the holy bond with Your children, and build a bridge of roses between all hearts, so that the scent of sanctity may show us to way to You.
Dear Mother Mary,
Do obtain for all of Your children Your purity of soul, mind, heart and body, so that we, just like You, may joyfully follow God's ways with abandon, and may turn away from sin forever.

www.maria-domina-animarum.net

87. PRAYER TO INVITE MARY, MOTHER OF THE LIGHT

(Myriam van Nazareth)

Dear Mother Mary,
While winter is ruling the hearts, and evil is counting its captives, I can see You, lonely and looking for security, for the Light's desire has become pressing.
Many doors have remained closed to You. Others were opened, yet were shut again before Your very eyes, due to the power of disbelief and egoism. How painful is the Light radiating from Your Face to blinded eyes that have opted for the darkness. Even God's Gift You are bearing inside of You does not open up any locks.
Like a star in the dark night You are beckoning the flame of hope in my eager soul.
I have heard You knocking. When I set eyes on You the Holy Spirit welcomed my heart, and it opened up to You. My eyes beheld a fire that does not cast shadows, and Your begging servant has recognized her long awaited Queen of the Light.
Oh Messenger from Heaven, I offer You my little house forever. Do honour the table of my soul with Your Presence, and nobody who visits me will get hungry ever again, for You are carrying the Bread of Eternal Life.
The warm glow of my Love will embrace You, and Your immaculate beauty will invite angels and human souls to my little house.
The roses of Your Love and the lilies of Your purity will adorn my table until the end of times.
Oh Mother of God, tonight do give birth to the Light on the straw of my spiritual poverty. It is going to shine into the darkness, and its radiance will illuminate many little houses.
May the world thus understand the Heavenly message and accept the gift of the Light.
May Love and Peace announce the new spring, and may all little lights to whom it is denied to be born, after Your visit be accepted in the warmth of illuminated hearts."

Xavier

The Wonderful Feast of Our Blessed Mother's Immaculate Conception is now just a mere 33 days away! And we know what that means, today is the day to begin to renew our consecration to Her Immaculate Heart and Her Son's Sacred Heart. Now, among the other special blessings, His Holiness Pope St. Pius X, has established a Primary Indulgence in Perpetuity! for Consecration to Jesus through Mary on Dec. 8th. Let us remember that as God Almighty made His holy Mother All-Immaculate, so too Jesus and Mary desire us to recover or be restored to baptismal innocence and original purity, and a Plenary Indulgence restores us exactly to this baptismal state, so that we are ready immediately to go to Heaven. If we have already, in these holy 8 days of November, obtained one or many for ourselves, happily, we can always either offer up the Indulgence for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, to whom this month is dedicated, or simply remain and be preserved even more in that baptismal innocence, along with a correspondingly higher degree of merit in the state of grace.

"One of the most zealous promoters of St. Louis Grignion de Montfort's True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and his Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary which brings about what is called a "Holy Slavery of Love" was Pope St. Pius X, a devoted "Slave of Mary." So ardent was the desire of this Marian Pope to encourage interest in Montfort's method of devotion to Our Lady that he gave a special apostolic blessing to all those who even merely read the Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and, at the same time, he declared: "We eagerly commend the Treatise on True Devotion." In addition to this, the Holy Father [His Holiness Pope St. Pius X, consecrated slave of Jesus through Mary] granted a plenary indulgence (on 24 December 1907), under the usual conditions, to be gained on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, December 8th, and on the Feast of Saint Louis de Montfort, April 28, to those who recite the Montfort formula of consecration entitled "Consecration of Ourselves to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, by the Hands of Mary." This plenary indulgence, which Leo XIII (also a "Slave of Mary") had granted for only seven years, was now granted "in perpetuum" — in perpetuity." http://www.brizek.com/mary/tdtmatc.htm

"37. CONSECRATION TO MARY, THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
(Myriam van Nazareth)
Dear Mother Mary,
Today I praise You as the perfect window to God, as the only human soul who was ever conceived in a human being through direct Divine action and who lived in perfect purity ever since and for all eternity. Being exempt from the original sin and from any defiling influence, no evil was ever able to affect You, and from the beginning You were predestined to defeat Satan. God intended You to be the model for the image of the human being as He had meant it to be when He created it.
You want to guide all of Your children to God's Paradise of purity. So many of them have allowed the evil one to befog their hearts, minds and souls, so that they no longer see the Light.
Because I long to reach the gates of Heaven under Your guidance, I have entered into Your service unrestrictedly. On this feast glorifying Your total and immaculate purity I want to offer You all situations, experiences and feelings which have ever separated my soul from the purity God intended for me.
I offer You all occasions on which I have disappointed You, Jesus and my Eternal Father, or on which I have failed to offer You my cross in equanimity as a sacrificial flower.
Every lack of self-sacrifice I humbly lay down at Your feet like a bunch of roses of conciliation.
Oh most pure Celestial Flower, do accept them as a gift from a penitent heart, and liberate me from every burden that has ever oppressed my heart, and from all resentment, bitterness, frustration or disappointment that has ever poisoned my soul.
Dear Immaculate Mother, teach me under all circumstances to understand that every trial crossing my path is a means through which You can bring my soul nearer to the purity You desire for me so much.
Help me detach my heart from material things, for they tie me to the chains of evil and separate me from Your most pure Light.
Help me spread Your purity of heart and soul around, so that I may be able to guide my brothers and sisters to You and Jesus.
Dear Mother, sin has made my soul ill. Do therefore take her up into Your arms and heal her through Your purity, so that, after Your example, I may acquire the sanctity God has foreseen for me.
May through Your purifying hands touching my soul, the latter be prepared for the Divine kiss which once sealed Your Immaculate Conception and made You the Mirror of Divine Purity on earth."