Clare

"May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen."

The bit I find confusing is:
"May the... Name of God
be forever praised...
by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar."
Asking God to praise His own name?

Also, "under the earth", which, in another version, is translated "the hells". Is that Hell and Limbo?
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Maximilian

Quote from: Clare on March 11, 2020, 03:15:22 AM

The bit I find confusing is:
"May the... Name of God
be forever praised...
by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar."
Asking God to praise His own name?

Clare, good to see you. Hope things are going well for you in England. A friend was just in England last weekend.

Re. your question: yes, this happened all the time in the Gospels - Jesus praising his Father. If it happened while Jesus was on Earth, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen in heaven.

I just heard a sermon on the radio about Lazarus, re. the fact that Jesus first thanked his Father before raising Lazarus. Jesus thanked his Father while Lazarus while still dead. Then Jesus called him from the tomb.

There are other similar incidents where Jesus speaks out loud to his Father in front of crowds of people. Jesus praised his Father for revealing the things of heaven to little children that He had hidden from the wise. It seems like his behavior on earth would be a model for his behavior in heaven.

Daniel

-

St.Justin

"Jesus gave to Sister Mary of St. Peter, a Carmelite nun in France, in August of 1843. Sister Mary called it "an Act of Praise that our Lord Himself dictated to me, notwithstanding my unworthiness, for the reparation of Blasphemy [insulting or disrespectful thoughts or behavior] against His Holy Name."

We pray it every Sunday and the wording never really caught my attention. I see what Clare means but I wonder if it is a translation problem as the original must have been in French.

Clare

Quote from: Maximilian on March 11, 2020, 08:54:16 AM
Clare, good to see you. Hope things are going well for you in England. A friend was just in England last weekend.

Re. your question: yes, this happened all the time in the Gospels - Jesus praising his Father. If it happened while Jesus was on Earth, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen in heaven.

I just heard a sermon on the radio about Lazarus, re. the fact that Jesus first thanked his Father before raising Lazarus. Jesus thanked his Father while Lazarus while still dead. Then Jesus called him from the tomb.

There are other similar incidents where Jesus speaks out loud to his Father in front of crowds of people. Jesus praised his Father for revealing the things of heaven to little children that He had hidden from the wise. It seems like his behavior on earth would be a model for his behavior in heaven.
Thanks Max. Good to see you too. I've not been active on forums much for a while.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux