What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

An improvised soup to use up old veggies. Some onions, celery, and carrots, with a head of cabbage and a pound of pearlescent barley, seasoned with Provence herbs and plenty of garlic.  Surprisingly tasty actually
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bonaventure

New York Steak. Potatoes. Spinach. A side salad.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Mushroom

Made this twice in a row because it tasted pretty good and it was quick and easy. I cooked bacon in the pot and once it was almost cooked, added onions and garlic. Then added water and tomato juice and boiled the 'soup mix'. You can also have it without the meat on Fridays and add other vegetables instead.

You cannot view this attachment.

drummerboy

Domino's delivery last night, because I was fixing the broke sump pump all day and needed a treat!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on April 30, 2024, 08:38:21 AMDomino's delivery last night, because I was fixing the broke sump pump all day and needed a treat!

I had Domino's last night too. But here it's now called Domino, lol.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bernadette

Japanese-style Korean beef and fresh rice. I prefer this to real Korean beef, because it's what I"ve eaten all of my life. One of my favorite dishes. Traditionally it only has beef and lots of green onions, but my aunt has started making it with more vegetables and it's delicious. I think today's will have white onion and broccoli.
My Lord and my God.