To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erin is nice

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Hat And Beard

I don't know exactly what it is about this song. I love it. I love the video. I've posted it at least one other time(and maybe 2) in this thread, but I just love it. Can't get enough lol.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AsFMctavnk[/yt]

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Hat And Beard on May 08, 2013, 07:11:19 PM
I don't know exactly what it is about this song. I love it. I love the video. I've posted it at least one other time(and maybe 2) in this thread, but I just love it. Can't get enough lol.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AsFMctavnk[/yt]
Stravinsky on steroids.. No thanks
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on May 08, 2013, 07:49:39 PM

[!youtube][/yt]

I can respect that. I used to do strictly classical music. My best friend is an amateur composer and he had me listen to everything(after all, it came with the territory of being a mathematics major). Everything. I really enjoyed Bach, Rimsky-Korsakov, Prokofiev, Dvorak, Arvo Part, Henryck Gorecki, &c. but eventually I realized that listening to overly dramatic music in turn made me a regular neurotic Prince Hamlet! :D I don't remember when the big switch came, but I haven't looked back at classical since and I'm much happier.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Hat And Beard on May 08, 2013, 09:24:47 PM

[!youtube][/yt]

I can respect that. I used to do strictly classical music. My best friend is an amateur composer and he had me listen to everything(after all, it came with the territory of being a mathematics major). Everything. I really enjoyed Bach, Rimsky-Korsakov, Prokofiev, Dvorak, Arvo Part, Henryck Gorecki, &c. but eventually I realized that listening to overly dramatic music in turn made me a regular neurotic Prince Hamlet! :D I don't remember when the big switch came, but I haven't looked back at classical since and I'm much happier.
Must've been a big switch. It seems to have even influenced your choice of avatars.

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on May 08, 2013, 09:30:55 PM

[!youtube][/yt]

Must've been a big switch. It seems to have even influenced your choice of avatars.

Well, I've been a drummer since I was 12. The switchoff had to happen at some point- you can't fight your roots!

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Hat And Beard on May 08, 2013, 09:35:08 PM
Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on May 08, 2013, 09:30:55 PM

[!youtube][/yt]

Well, I've been a drummer since I was 12. The switchoff had to happen at some point- you can't fight your roots!

Wow!! Congrats! Very nice.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Heinrich on May 09, 2013, 05:23:37 PM
Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on May 08, 2013, 08:20:29 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ulbiYWSBE[/yt]

Verstehst Du den Liedtext?

Natürlich tue ich. es ist ein schönes Lied. sie schreiben nicht so schöne texte wie zuvor.. In jeder Sprache.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Petertherock

I just posted this video in the Israel/Syria thread because it's a real timely video for what's going on in the world. Probably some of Axl's best lyrics ever...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9VhD4SccSE[/yt]
Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace