What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Kept the Greek theme going tonight with Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes

Put white wine, white wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and stock into a bowl. Added dill, rosemary, garlic and oregano - marinated the chicken in that for about 8 hours, then baked with potatoes. Strained the sauce and reduced.

Delishee-o-so, as my 3-year-old would say.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dellery

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Melkor

Made some steak sandwiches with my younger siblings today. Medium rare steak pan fried and sliced thin, rye bread made into garlic bread. Havarti cheese, mushrooms and jalapeno peppers sautéed. Topped off by a cooked egg with the yolk intact. Delish. Melkor, you outdo yourself you genius.  ;D 
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

LausTibiChriste

Did you smother the steak in Montreal Steak Spice?

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Melkor

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 21, 2023, 03:01:36 PMDid you smother the steak in Montreal Steak Spice?

Nah. I already had enough flavour profiles; and I'm a big salt and pepper guy when it comes to steak. Less is more kinda thing.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Melkor on November 21, 2023, 03:04:18 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 21, 2023, 03:01:36 PMDid you smother the steak in Montreal Steak Spice?

Nah. I already had enough flavour profiles; and I'm a big salt and pepper guy when it comes to steak. Less is more kinda thing.

Did I just hear you thumbing your nose at Montreal Steak Spice?

Do you even Canadian, bro?

- MaximGun

Melkor

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 21, 2023, 03:27:44 PM

It's more a grilling spice than a frying one imo...

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Melkor on November 21, 2023, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 21, 2023, 03:27:44 PM

It's more a grilling spice than a frying one imo...

I won't argue with you on that one.

- MaximGun

Michael Wilson

Kind of off topic, but my dad loved calf's liver; mom would make it for him a couple of times a month; I remember coming home on a Saturday night after a few beers and getting the "munchies", so I would open the fridge and lo and behold a beautiful peace of steak! So I would make myself a steak sandwich and bite down, and aaaaugh! Liver!!! I hated/hate the taste. I suspect Mom left it there in a prominent place in the fridge on purpose!  :laugh:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

LausTibiChriste

Liver is absolutely disgusting. My wife makes it sometimes and the smell permeates the house for days to the point I seriously consider living at the office.

Too bad it's healthy af lol.

- MaximGun

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 21, 2023, 05:58:09 PMLiver is absolutely disgusting. My wife makes it sometimes and the smell permeates the house for days to the point I seriously consider living at the office.

If frying it up is revolting to you, try making a pate or a terrine instead.
this page left intentionally blank

clau clau

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 21, 2023, 05:58:09 PMLiver is absolutely disgusting. My wife makes it sometimes and the smell permeates the house for days to the point I seriously consider living at the office.

I am also not a fan of liver but I really like liver pate.
Perhaps having a Belgian grandmother has something to do with it.

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

drummerboy

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on November 22, 2023, 07:10:01 AM

If frying it up is revolting to you, try making a pate or a terrine instead.

Liver doesn't fry very well.  I've heard of soaking it in milk though beforehand.  I find its best to chop it up finely and mix it in with ground beef in recipes.  Or braunschweiger - cold or fried, either is delicious.  I suppose it's the German sibling to liver pate.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: drummerboy on November 22, 2023, 09:27:07 AMLiver doesn't fry very well.  I've heard of soaking it in milk though beforehand.  I find its best to chop it up finely and mix it in with ground beef in recipes.  Or braunschweiger - cold or fried, either is delicious.  I suppose it's the German sibling to liver pate.

Soaking it in milk just makes it taste less like liver.  If the taste doesn't offend you, it's not necessary.

My problem with cooking it in slices has always been that it ends up pretty tough.
this page left intentionally blank

Michael Wilson

Liverwurst and liver terrines and pates are really delicious; I just can't eat the liver straight. I also highly recommend Cod-liver Pate; its very mild, has a delicious taste.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers