The 24 Hours of the Passion according to Servant of God Luisa Piccaretta.

Started by Xavier, April 04, 2019, 12:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Some may find it helpful for meditation to remember where Jesus was each hour of the day leading up to His Sacrifice on the Cross.

In Scripture and in the Divine Office, it is clear that the Lord Jesus began His Agony on the Cross at 12:00 PM and Died for us at 3:00 PM.

The remaining was revealed to a holy soul consigned to a sickbed for most of her life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luisa_Piccarreta

Briefly, if possible, every hour, on the hour, when we are awake, we can remember where Jesus was, and what He suffered for our sake.

"First Hour [i.e. on Maundy Thursday] - From 5 to 6 PM
Jesus takes leave of His Most Holy Mother
Second Hour - From 6 to 7 PM
Jesus departs from His Most Holy Mother and sets out for the Cenacle
Third Hour - From 7 to 8 PM
The Legal Supper
Fourth Hour - From 8 to 9 PM
The Eucharistic Supper
Fifth Hour - From 9 to 10 PM
First Hour of Agony in the Garden of Gethsemani
Sixth Hour - From 10 to 11 PM
Second Hour of Agony in the Garden of Gethsemani
Seventh Hour - From 11 PM to Midnight
Third Hour of Agony in the Garden of Gethsemani
Eighth Hour - From Midnight to 1 AM
Jesus is arrested
Ninth Hour - From 1 to 2 AM
Thrown from a ledge, Jesus falls into the Cedron stream
Tenth Hour - From 2 to 3 AM
Jesus is presented to Annas
Eleventh Hour - From 3 to 4 AM
Jesus in the house of Caiphas
Twelfth Hour - From 4 to 5 AM
Jesus at the mercy of the soldiers
Thirteenth Hour - From 5 to 6 AM
Jesus in prison
Fourteenth Hour - From 6 to 7 AM
Jesus before Caiphas again, who confirms His condemnation to death and sends Him to Pilate
Fifteenth Hour - From 7 to 8 AM
Jesus before Pilate. Pilate sends Him to Herod
Sixteenth Hour - From 8 to 9 AM
Jesus is brought back to Pilate and placed after Barabbas. Jesus is scourged
Seventeenth Hour - From 9 to 10AM
Jesus is crowned with thorns. Presented to the people: "Ecce Homo!" Jesus is condemned to death
Eighteenth Hour - From 10 to 11AM
Jesus takes up His Cross and walks toward Calvary, where He is stripped
Nineteenth Hour - From 11 AM to 12 PM:
Jesus is crucified
Twentieth Hour - From 12 to 1 PM
First Hour of Agony on the Cross. The first word of Jesus
Twenty-first Hour - From 1 to 2 PM
Second Hour of Agony on the Cross. Second, third and fourth word of Jesus
Twenty-second Hour - From 2 to 3 PM
Third Hour of Agony on the Cross. Fifth, sixth and seventh word of Jesus. The death of Jesus
Twenty-third Hour - From 3 to 4 PM
Jesus, dead, is pierced by the thrust of a lance. The deposition from the Cross
Twenty-fourth Hour - From 4 to 5 PM
The burial of Jesus. Most Holy Desolate Mary"
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Xavier

From: http://www.passioiesus.org/en/ Please see also: http://www.passioiesus.org/en/horasdelapasion/que_son.htm

April 10, 1913 Volume 11 The recompense for those who do the Hours of the Passion.

This morning my always lovable Jesus came, and hugging me to His Heart, told me: "My daughter, one who always thinks about my Passion forms a fount within her heart, and the more she thinks about It, the larger this fount becomes. And just as the waters that spring up are waters common to everyone, in the same way, this fount of my Passion which is formed in her heart serves for the good of the soul, for my glory, and for the good of all creatures." And I: 'Tell me, my Good, what will You give as recompense to those who will do the Hours of the Passion the way You taught them to me?'

And He: "My daughter, I will look at these Hours, not as yours, but as done by Me. I will give you my same merits, as if I were in the act of suffering my Passion; and the same effects, according to the dispositions of the souls. This, while they are on earth - and I could not give them a greater reward. Then, in Heaven, I will place these souls in front of Me, darting through them with darts of love and of contentments for as many times as they did the Hours of my Passion; and they will dart through Me. What a sweet enchantment this will be for all the Blessed!"....

September 6, 1913 Volume 11 The Hours of the Passion are the very prayers of Jesus.

I was thinking about the Hours of the Passion, which have now been written, and how they are without any indulgence. So, those who do them gain nothing, while there are many prayers enriched with many indulgences. While I was thinking of this, my always lovable Jesus, all kindness, told me: "My daughter, through the prayers with indulgences one gains something, but the Hours of my Passion, which are my very prayers, my reparations, and all love, have come out of the very depth of my Heart. Have you perhaps forgotten how many times I have united Myself with you to do them together, and I have changed chastisements into graces over the whole earth? So, my satisfaction is such and so great, that instead of the indulgence, I give the soul a handful of love, which contains incalculable prices of infinite value. And besides, when things are done out of pure love, my love finds its outpouring, and it is not insignificant that the creature gives relief and outpouring to the love of the Creator."

October 1914 Volume 11 The effectiveness of these Hours depends on whether the soul does them in union with Jesus and in His Will. How Jesus desires that souls do the Hours of the Passion.

I was writing the Hours of the Passion, and I thought to myself: 'How many sacrifices in order to write these blessed Hours of the Passion, especially to put on paper certain interior acts which had passed only between me and Jesus. What will be the recompense that He will give to me?' And Jesus, letting me hear His tender and sweet voice, told me: "My daughter, as recompense for having written the Hours of my Passion, for each word you have written I will give you a kiss - a soul." And I: 'My love, this is for me; and what will You give to those who will do them?' And Jesus: "If they do them together with Me and with my own Will, I will also give them a soul for each word they will recite, because the greater or lesser effectiveness of these Hours of my Passion is in the greater or lesser union that they have with Me. By doing them with my Will, the creature hides within my Volition, and since it is my Volition that acts, I can produce all the goods I want, even through one word alone; and this, for each time you will do them."

Another time I was lamenting to Jesus, because after so many sacrifices to write these Hours of the Passion, very few were the souls who were doing them. And He: "My daughter, do not lament - even if there were only one, you should be content. Would I not have suffered my whole Passion even if one soul alone were to be saved? The same for you. One should never omit good because few avail themselves of it; all the harm is for those who do not take advantage of it. And just as my Passion made my Humanity acquire the merit as if all were saved, even though not all are saved, because my Will was to save everyone, and I received merit according to what I wanted, not according to the profit which creatures would draw; the same for you: you will be rewarded depending on whether your will was identified with my Will in wanting to do good to all. All the harm is for those who, though being able to, do not do them. These Hours are the most precious of all, because they are nothing less than the repetition of what I did in the course of my mortal life, and what I continue to do in the Most Holy Sacrament. When I hear these Hours of my Passion, I hear my own voice, my own prayers. In that soul I see my Will - that is, wanting the good of all and repairing for all - and I feel drawn to dwell in her, to be able to do what she herself does within her. Oh, how I would love that even one single soul for each town did these Hours of my Passion! I would hear Myself in each town, and my Justice, greatly indignant during these times, would be placated in part."
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)