Message in the upper right suggestions?

Started by Kaesekopf, June 14, 2021, 09:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Anyone got anything good to throw in the upper right text? 

Right now it reads "Pray for the repose of the soul of Fr Cekada, <poster>".

Seems about time to change it.  I could make it a reminder to pray for me, but that seems selfish :lol:

Advice? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The Curt Jester

How about praying for priests in general?  My pastor tells me that many people think priests don't need prayers because they seem to think that people have to be saints to be priests.  Considering how many priests I know (and how I know it's not true that they are automatic saints) that mindset boggles my own mind, but there you have it.  Some people think strange.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: The Curt Jester on June 14, 2021, 09:51:07 PM
How about praying for priests in general?  My pastor tells me that many people think priests don't need prayers because they seem to think that people have to be saints to be priests.  Considering how many priests I know (and how I know it's not true that they are automatic saints) that mindset boggles my own mind, but there you have it.  Some people think strange.

I like this idea...

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Miriam_M

How about Pray for the Traditional Apostolates?

diaduit

First decade of our family rosary is always for 'all bishops, priests, seminarians and religious'.  Nuns need prayers too and right now all the religious are carrying the burden of prayers heavily.

OCLittleFlower

Maybe have them rotate -- a message that changes is actually something people pay more attention to and will actually read.

So you could rotate a reminder to pray for priests with a reminder to pray for nuns and brothers, to pray for our fellow posters, to pray for the Pope (for a change of heart haha), to pray for the dying, to pray for the holy souls in purgatory, etc.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

MundaCorMeum

Our priest always reminds us to pray for him, because he needs to be holy for his flock.  I like the idea of having that there.  I also like the idea of changing it periodically.  Maybe monthly?  Kind of like how each month of the year is dedicated to something in the Church.

TheSaintsAreComing

"Sooner or later God will cut you down, [username]"
I'm gone

Insanis

It should be encouraging to the faithful in some way, such as Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam or something that is universally applicable if it is going to be static.

A rotating list would also work and could be seasonal, devotional, etc, but that is a bit of work.

When I setup a trial SMF forum to test something, I used Ad Jesum Per Mariam there.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Insanis on June 15, 2021, 02:01:57 PM
It should be encouraging to the faithful in some way, such as Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam or something that is universally applicable if it is going to be static.

A rotating list would also work and could be seasonal, devotional, etc, but that is a bit of work.

When I setup a trial SMF forum to test something, I used Ad Jesum Per Mariam there.

The Jesuit-inspired roots of this Forum helped make my decision.... :lol:

mikemac

Cool.

Although considering a recent thread, Ad Jesum per Mariam (To Jesus through Mary) would be rather appropriate.  :)
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Insanis

Quote from: mikemac on June 15, 2021, 03:57:39 PM
Cool.

Although considering a recent thread, Ad Jesum per Mariam (To Jesus through Mary) would be rather appropriate.  :)

It is back in my profile where it belongs.

Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam and Ad Jesum Per Mariam mean the same thing (if we want to go into the theological background and pull up some quotes, etc).

Kaesekopf

Cool.

To ape Malachi Martin....
keep your eyes on the greeting!...

mikemac

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 15, 2021, 04:08:20 PM
Cool.

To ape Malachi Martin....
keep your eyes on the greeting!...

Did he say that?  :)
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source