This Forum's Purpose?

Started by Kaesekopf, May 24, 2021, 11:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

On Sunday at Mass during the sermon, it struck me what this Forum's purpose is, was, and will continue to be.  It is to promote a Catholic community in these trying times, in these times of emergency, and it is to promote the growth and practice of the Faith for posters and lurkers. 

I've always been torn on the precise end-goal of this place, but I was glad to finally have the stark realization of why I have this place, and why I keep it around. 

I just wanted to put that out there.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

GiftOfGod

Thanks.

Would you please create a COVID sub-forum?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Melkor

Thanks sir! If you ever need any help with the forum in any way, shape or form, please let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

DigitalLogos

That's a good point. Perhaps that's why I keep being drawn back to these kinds of places even after all of the drama. The world is like a desert out there for the faith these days, we need somewhere to communicate with like-minded people outside of our parishes.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Michael Wilson

I know that things have been a little brittle around here lately; but this is where I come to have a conversation about all things Catholic; and I sure do learn a lot just from reading the posts; a great example is the recent one on "home-schooling"; great stuff! The Catholic Mothers on here a real heroines! God Bless them and their children; they will be rewarded for their efforts in Heaven.
Also, on the issues of devotion to the B.V.M. Although some of what was posted I have to admit made me very upset, yet if it wasn't for those threads and others like them, I wouldn't have found those beautiful books on Mariology; and would not have spent so much of my time these last few years reading so many Dogmatic manuals; Church history; etc. etc.
Thank Kaese and thank God for S.D. And the other trad forums I have been a member of these last few years.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Insanis

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 24, 2021, 11:31:33 PM
On Sunday at Mass during the sermon, it struck me what this Forum's purpose is, was, and will continue to be.  It is to promote a Catholic community in these trying times, in these times of emergency, and it is to promote the growth and practice of the Faith for posters and lurkers. 

It must be kept on course if this is what you want it to do.

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on May 31, 2021, 12:23:54 PM

It must be kept on course if this is what you want it to do.

I agree.  Just gathering a group of Catholics together is not enough to achieve this purpose.  It needs more intervention than you have been able to give recently.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

andy

This is great place and my only wish is that moderator(s) is(are) more decisive on banning non orthodox members. Freedom of speech is a foreign concept to the Catholicism.

mikemac

I've always been torn on the precise end-goal of this place, but I was glad to finally have the stark realization of why I have this place, and why I keep it around. 

I just wanted to put that out there.

Nice talk and all KK, but to be able to even call this a Catholic community you are going to have to moderate the Protestant like attacks on Mary by two or three members out of this forum.  Yeah sure we got the new forum rule, but if it is not being enforced then why even bother implementing the new rule.  A new forum rule is useless without teeth.  Recently two members have posted their Protestant like attacks on Mary without any repercussions whatsoever.  Until this is rectified it is pretty hard to recognize this as a Catholic community.

Edit to add;

This afternoon things are starting to look up KK.  :thumbsup:

Now there is just this.   
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

andy

Quote from: Gerard on May 31, 2021, 03:34:32 PM
Quote from: andy on May 31, 2021, 12:52:38 PM
Fr. Hesse in one of his talks said that teaching about Co-Redemptrix is sententia fidei proxima

Which version of "Co-Redemptrix?"  Does he think she expiates sins from the cross?

Does above qualify as an attack on Our Lady?

andy

Quote from: GiftOfGod on May 25, 2021, 01:07:12 AM
Thanks.

GoG was banned 5 days ago for 2 weeks and now he can post?  :confused:

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=1181.msg533168#msg533168 and

mikemac

Quote from: andy on May 31, 2021, 04:00:36 PM
Thanks.

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=1181.msg533168#msg533168 and

He posted that a day before he was banned.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jayne

Quote from: andy on May 31, 2021, 04:00:36 PM
Thanks.

According to the dates that I see, he posted that on May 25 and was banned on May 26.  Do you perhaps live in a time zone that would affect how the dates show?

andy

Quote from: Jayne on May 31, 2021, 04:09:52 PM
According to the dates that I see, he posted that on May 25 and was banned on May 26.  Do you perhaps live in a time zone that would affect how the dates show?

GoG just posted today/yesterday in this thread after being banned for 2 weeks about 5 days ago. That does not add up regardless of TZ he/you/I am in.

Jayne

Quote from: andy on May 31, 2021, 04:48:13 PM
Quote from: Jayne on May 31, 2021, 04:09:52 PM

GoG just posted today/yesterday in this thread after being banned for 2 weeks about 5 days ago. That does not add up regardless of TZ he/you/I am in.

I have reread the thread a couple of times and I just don't see that.  The only post I see by him was on May 25.