Started by Antoninus, December 29, 2016, 10:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 31, 2016, 02:49:30 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on December 31, 2016, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: Akavit on December 30, 2016, 09:42:08 PM
Hatchimals [...]

At least they don't eat kids' hair and fingers, like that cabbage patch kid. Talk about ruining Christmas!  :lol: :doh:

I was an 80s kid and don't remember that

But you were a boy. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on December 31, 2016, 04:03:22 PM
Hatchimals [...]

At least they don't eat kids' hair and fingers, like that cabbage patch kid. Talk about ruining Christmas!  :lol: :doh:

But you were a boy. ;)

Yeah I have sisters though. I know they had cabbage patch, rainbow brite

We also had a "my buddy"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

My brother had one of those.  I always liked he "My Pet Monster" better, though.  8)
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

Quote from: Bernadette on December 31, 2016, 04:03:22 PM
Hatchimals [...]

But you were a boy. ;)

I vaguely remember hearing about that hair-eating toy but there weren't any in the house and I didn't pay close attention to the news at the time.  Neighbor kids had some Cabbage Patch if I recall correctly.

OCLittleFlower

I didn't hear about the Gofundme, but I did see the "2016 is killing everyone" memes.  I took them as a joke, found it darkly humorous.   :shrug:
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Non Nobis

Hurray!  No one else is going to die in 2016!

Happy New Year!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 01, 2017, 03:54:03 AM

Happy New Year!

Non, did you stay up all night?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

RedCaves

Happy New Year!

Didn't the guy who played a priest in M*A*S*H die before the end of the year?

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 01, 2017, 08:09:02 AM

Happy New Year!

Non, did you stay up all night?

No, I just got a little carried away with New Years' forum festivities in the wee hours (even if I was the only one there, on PST!).  No I didn't have anything to drink!  ;) Well, maybe virtually.

Actually even when I used to stay up ALMOST all night (in college) I would always try to sleep at least an hour just to get the FEELING of going to bed and getting up (with a "good night's sleep" in between).

I do have to work on getting to bed on time (10 or 11 on normal days).  My first New Year's resolution for 2017 was to not get to bed after 1AM on New Year's Day  2018

My "10 PM go to bed" alarm just sounded.   I guess I can't ignore it tonight!  Well maybe 1 more short post...
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: RedCaves on January 01, 2017, 09:17:35 PM

Happy New Year!

Yes.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

red solo cup

Happy New Year!

Guy? I'm offended by your gender-normative speech.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Quote from: red solo cup on January 02, 2017, 05:52:31 AM

Happy New Year!

Guy? I'm offended by your gender-normative speech.

The word "guy" is derived from the name Guy Fawkes and thus based in British anti-Catholicism.  So I am offended by that.  And I'm offended by rsc being offended by the wrong thing. 8)

I liked the character of Fr. Mulcahey in MASH played by William Christopher who died on Dec 31.

At the time when Non Nobis wrote her post, it was 2017 and it was true that no else could die in 2016.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Heinrich

The Broncos Started the Year in typical Fashion: Winning!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2017, 08:32:19 AM
"Oh how the mighty have fallen" 2 Samuel 1:25
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on January 02, 2017, 09:52:24 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2017, 08:32:19 AM
"Oh how the mighty have fallen" 2 Samuel 1:25

:doh:
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.